View Single Post
  #57  
Old 08-01-2019, 06:23 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 23,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
That's why the games are played. Rosters on paper mean nothing: results do.
Yes. Though I would say rosters on paper can indicate the relative strength of one's team and their likely chances of success. But people often forget that when there is, say, a 70% chance of winning something, the 30% still happens a lot.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote