View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 12:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsoxmike59 View Post
Giolito has really impressed me thus far exceeding my expectations and itís been a welcome sight. I can only imagine how good the rebuild would be progressing had Koepech, Rodon and Dunning not gone down with Tommy John surgeries. Oh well all you can do in this game is go next man up and hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

PS: Did anybody catch the interview Jason and Steve did with Wilbur Wood yesterday? I thought it was pretty good. They touched on this game/day which I remember well.

https://salutemag.com/2017/05/29/wil...-memorial-day/
Loved watching Wood pitch for the Sox! I still remember watching him pitch in a game in 1970. It was the year they had made a trade with the Angels and had traded away Ken Berry one of the best defensive center fielders in Sox history. They replaced him with a colorful character by the name of Jay Johnstone who wasnít anywhere the outfielder Berry was. During this game the batter drove a line drive to centerfield and Johnstone miss played it and Wood with his hands on his hips just stared out at him. For some reason I always remember that.