White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 PM
WSI Guru

Default Sox Trade Possibilities

Sources say four names being looked at, Beckham, DeAza, Floyd and Viciendo.

Surprised by Beckham and Dayan.

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-c...23&feedID=9399

Lip
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post

Lip
If true about Beckham, I think it says a lot about what they think of Sanchez.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

It makes sense. 3 are cheap and Floyd is a rental type. The 3 probably have more trade value than 90% of the roster because they arent making much.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
WSI Personality

Alex Rios name should be included to that list

Always looking for Game used jerseys
Check out my collection at
http://whitesoxcollectibles.webs.com/
Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8mexico View Post
Alex Rios name should be included to that list
His worth is probably less than any of the 3, dont know about Floyd.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM
WSI Guru

Does Beckham have much value at this point?
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWhiSoxFan View Post
I heard on the Score yesterday morning that Sanchez and, gulp, Viciedo were 3B options.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWhiSoxFan View Post
Then I think they may be overrating Sanchez.

Bob
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Ventura had ten good years, maybe we should give him a crack.
Oh, yeah, you're right, you really got me there! Hey, maybe we should dig up Babe Ruth's fat ass and plug him in as DH, he had a couple of good years, RIGHT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Why would a rebuilding team take on a 2-year, $30 million contract of a 32-year old DH on the decline? They dealt Carlos Lee to the Marlins last season for a reason. Brett Wallace can put up better numbers than Dunn, at basically the minimum.
I'm sure if the Sox dump Dunn they're going to have to salt and pepper some of his contract, I would think the idea of removing Dunn is less to try and find some payroll flexibility and more to try and refocus the offense because it's apparently taken people only 1 year to forget about all this "smallball" bull**** crap again, but, eh, whatever. Houston is an interesting partner but I don't know what at all we'd want back from them. Their farm system is widely considered to be about as bad as the Sox's, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41 View Post
Maybe, but how much worse can Sanchez really be?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Oh, yeah, you're right, you really got me there! Hey, maybe we should dig up Babe Ruth's fat ass and plug him in as DH, he had a couple of good years, RIGHT?

I'm sure if the Sox dump Dunn they're going to have to salt and pepper some of his contract, I would think the idea of removing Dunn is less to try and find some payroll flexibility and more to try and refocus the offense because it's apparently taken people only 1 year to forget about all this "smallball" bull**** crap again, but, eh, whatever. Houston is an interesting partner but I don't know what at all we'd want back from them. Their farm system is widely considered to be about as bad as the Sox's, right?

Maybe, but how much worse can Sanchez really be?
The Astros farm system is in the top 10 after the last 2 drafts and the trades made this offseason.

Yet, they wouldn't touch Dunn with a 10 foot pole. They're looking to bring Berkman in at far less than his last contract to DH and maybe a few bargain basement FA outfielders and pitchers.. Ken Rosenthal has an article that the Astros will have the lowest payroll in the majors next year.

Maybe something could be done to deal Floyd to the Astros for Jed Lowrie to play 3B. They surely wouldn't take on Dunn's salary in return for some the prospects they've been stockpiling the last few years.

Also, nobody is advocating "small ball", but it's very obvious we need a different dynamic on offense. Cut out a few of the low average, high strikeout, poor situational hitters and bring in a few good contact hitters.

Which is why selling high on Viciedo is a more likely option than anyone making us a good offer on the likes of Dunn.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
The Astros farm system is in the top 10 after the last 2 drafts and the trades made this offseason.

Yet, they wouldn't touch Dunn with a 10 foot pole. They're looking to bring Berkman in at far less than his last contract to DH and maybe a few bargain basement FA outfielders and pitchers.. Ken Rosenthal has an article that the Astros will have the lowest payroll in the majors next year.

Maybe something could be done to deal Floyd to the Astros for Jed Lowrie to play 3B. They surely wouldn't take on Dunn's salary in return for some the prospects they've been stockpiling the last few years.

Also, nobody is advocating "small ball", but it's very obvious we need a different dynamic on offense. Cut out a few of the low average, high strikeout, poor situational hitters and bring in a few good contact hitters.

Which is why selling high on Viciedo is a more likely option than anyone making us a good offer on the likes of Dunn.
The low average high strike out guys you cutout should not come from the middle of the order. Most winning teams have a 3-4-5 that has power and can drive in runs, and speed is not much of a factor.

If we are going to cut low average players, it needs to start with Youk and Gordon.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41 View Post

Bob
Maybe, but I don't know anything about the kid other than the statistics I've seen and some of the articles I've read.

I honestly don't have the first damn clue how close Sanchez is to the big leagues.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post

Lip
I'm not, both were underwhelming at the plate, and are getting substantial raises the next few years yet still have enough potential to interest other teams.
Especially Dayan, since power potential is like gold on the trade market. Remember all those crazy Willy Mo Pena rumors a few years back?

I'm more surprised by De Aza. Seemed to me like he's locked up an outfield spot the next few years. Good leadoff guys are hard to find.

I hope Thornton ends up on that list too.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default White Sox Trade Candidates

Mods, please merger with the thread Lip started in Sox Clubhouse. Thank you.
Dan Hayes
Note on Alex Rios: execs not certain he's available but say would be easier to move his salary after 2012.

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-c...3&feedID=10338

Rival team executives believe outfielder Alex Rios’ contract --- which guarantees him $26 million through 2014 and includes a $13.5 million option for 2015 --- would be much easier to move after he rebounded in 2012. Neither is certain the White Sox have made Rios available, however.
They believe the White Sox are open to trades of second baseman Gordon Beckham, outfielders Alejandro De Aza and Dayan Viciedo and starting pitcher Gavin Floyd.

Hahn spent the first two days of the general manager meetings in exploratory mode.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 PM
WSI Regular

Default So the 2013 Sox have some options.

As of now the only people I can honestly slate in stone into our line up are: A. Ramirez, A. Dunn, and P. Konerko....Everyone else is either undecided (C and 3B) or are in some type to trade talks.

I like our OF of Viciedo-DeAza-Rios, it above avg defensively and seemed to produce enough offensively. But I think we have two guys that can slide into Rios spot saving some salary and be productive.
We have several solid young OFs coming up, Thompson, Mitchell, Danks...but I'm very put off by the # of Ks thompson and mitchell rack up as speed guys.

I think C. Sanchez is our 3B/2B of the near future. Been high on Beckham since 09 but I think for 600,000 you ride him out one more year. Sanchez has NO power at all which is why some say he'll never play 3B, but that's a poor judgement on 3B production.

Catcher is deep also, flowers, phegley, smith...no superstars here though...

Our pitching is set.
danks, floyd, sale, peavy, quintana, santiago, thornton, crain, reed, jones, veal, axelrod.

Which looks pretty solid.