White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,312
Default Sox Showing Interest In McCarthy...

According to Gonzo who wrote that he was told this by MLB sources. This could be the replacement for Floyd if (when?) he is traded.

Assuming he can stay healthy (which has been a problem for him) he could be a very nice replacement.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 52,960
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
According to Gonzo who wrote that he was told this by MLB sources. This could be the replacement for Floyd if (when?) he is traded.

Assuming he can stay healthy (which has been a problem for him) he could be a very nice replacement.

Lip
I agree, would be a nice addition to the rotation and would allow the Sox some flexibility. FWIW, with McCarthy's health, I think since he landed in Oakland he retweaked his mechanics and pitching mindset and he's been a lot healthier than he was in Texas who I know have been lauded for their "No Pitch Counts" philosophy but it seems to have mixed results (at best) as far as protecting player health.

At any rate, I welcome this addition just to see the number of Fingernails on a blackboard posts appear.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-1

LAST GAME: April 12 - Indians 12, Sox 6
NEXT GAME: April 16 vs. Boston
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I agree, would be a nice addition to the rotation and would allow the Sox some flexibility. FWIW, with McCarthy's health, I think since he landed in Oakland he retweaked his mechanics and pitching mindset and he's been a lot healthier than he was in Texas who I know have been lauded for their "No Pitch Counts" philosophy but it seems to have mixed results (at best) as far as protecting player health.

At any rate, I welcome this addition just to see the number of Fingernails on a blackboard posts appear.
I think McCarthy was in Texas before they instituted their No Pitch Count philosophy.

I would love to see McCarthy back with the White Sox because I think he is a decent back end of the rotation kind of guy (assuming he can stay healthy) and he also has one of the best Twitter accounts for an active major leaguer.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 52,960
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I think McCarthy was in Texas before they instituted their No Pitch Count philosophy.

I would love to see McCarthy back with the White Sox because I think he is a decent back end of the rotation kind of guy (assuming he can stay healthy) and he also has one of the best Twitter accounts for an active major leaguer.
I remember reading about that stupid **** as long as Nolan Ryan has been involved with the Rangers' front office, which I believe dates back to 2007 or 2008.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,685
Blog Entries: 3
Default

I would also welcome this move.
__________________


A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
I would also welcome this move.
I, for one, would welcome our new Fingernails on a blackboard Overlord.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I remember reading about that stupid **** as long as Nolan Ryan has been involved with the Rangers' front office, which I believe dates back to 2007 or 2008.
He was hired as president in February of 2008 but I thought Hawk started talking about the "no pitch count" thing starting in February and it was implemented mainly in the minors. I can't find an article about that though.

I also can't think of any Texas starters to get hurt since that program was instituted btw. But I didn't look it up and I don't pay that much attention to Texas.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Dibbs Dibbs is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 1,892
Default

I'd take B Mac back. I said it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
PalehosePlanet PalehosePlanet is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln Sq./North Cntr.
Posts: 4,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
He was hired as president in February of 2008 but I thought Hawk started talking about the "no pitch count" thing starting in February and it was implemented mainly in the minors. I can't find an article about that though.

I also can't think of any Texas starters to get hurt since that program was instituted btw. But I didn't look it up and I don't pay that much attention to Texas.
Colby Lewis went down in July of last year and had Tommy John surgery; Neftali Feliz, in his return to the rotation ended up having Tommy John surgery in August; and Derek Holland missed a month w/shoulder fatigue. Matt Harrison is their only starter that pitched 200 innings.

As for McCarthy, I'd be okay bringing him back. His injury was horrible last year, but -- if there is a silver lining, career longevity wise -- at least it wasn't arm trouble.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.