White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Smokey Burg Smokey Burg is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 432
Default Cubs competitive in 2015

Did anyone else read Saturdays Sun-Times when Epstein stated that the cubs should be able to compete for the division championship by 2015? With recent talk of wrigley renovations I intrepret Epstein as throwing in the towel for 2013 and 14 while concentrating on the renovations. sorry if I opened up another useless cub thread but was wondering if anybody else saw it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Burg View Post
Did anyone else read Saturdays Sun-Times when Epstein stated that the cubs should be able to compete for the division championship by 2015? With recent talk of wrigley renovations I intrepret Epstein as throwing in the towel for 2013 and 14 while concentrating on the renovations. sorry if I opened up another useless cub thread but was wondering if anybody else saw it.
Well, in theory that is when their young talent should be fully matured and ready. The only problem that I can find is I am not sure what young talent they are talking about.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 PM
DrCrawdad DrCrawdad is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Valley Of The Malls
Posts: 7,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Well, in theory that is when their young talent should be fully matured and ready. The only problem that I can find is I am not sure what young talent they are talking about.
The waves and waves of talent always just around the corner...

Bobby Hill, Josh Vitters, Richard Lewis, Hee Sop Choi, Brett Jackson, Dave Kelton, Beanball Ben Christensen, Angel Guzman, Felix Pie, Rich Hill, Corey Patterson, Jae Kuk Ryu...
__________________

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,221
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post

The waves and waves of talent always just around the corner...

Bobby Hill, Josh Vitters, Richard Lewis, Hee Sop Choi, Brett Jackson, Dave Kelton, Beanball Ben Christensen, Angel Guzman, Felix Pie, Rich Hill, Corey Patterson, Jae Kuk Ryu...
Gary Varsho, Gary Scott, Jerome Walton, Paul Noce, Brant Brown...
__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM
SoxSpeed22 SoxSpeed22 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,830
Default

Until they get some front line starting pitching, they aren't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Smokey Burg Smokey Burg is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Aurora
Posts: 432
Default

Pretty much what I thought. I'm used to seeing cub management throw in the towel but they usually at least wait until two or three of their big name players go on the DL during the last week of spring training.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.