White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,543
Default My Annual White Sox Marketing & Game Experience Complaint List

Things I don't understand-in no particular order
  1. Their main TV commercial so far is guys goofing around in the locker room- do they really think that gets fans attention and buy tickets?
  2. Removing the pregame video montage
  3. The ridiculous video highlighted in other threads
  4. No fireworks for the Friday night games on April 5 & 19- nice chance to get people out to the park early
  5. Another parking/traffic control disaster yesterday- I arrived at the park at 1:50, followed any signs as best I could, traffic control people seemed confused- big mess- barely made first pitch.
__________________
TomBradley72
http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/334c0314
2014 Record: 2-3
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Ron Karkovice Ron Karkovice is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wrigleyville
Posts: 1,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Things I don't understand-in no particular order
  1. Their main TV commercial so far is guys goofing around in the locker room- do they really think that gets fans attention and buy tickets?
  2. Removing the pregame video montage
  3. The ridiculous video highlighted in other threads
  4. No fireworks for the Friday night games on April 5 & 19- nice chance to get people out to the park early
  5. Another parking/traffic control disaster yesterday- I arrived at the park at 1:50, followed any signs as best I could, traffic control people seemed confused- big mess- barely made first pitch.
1.) No big deal.
2.) I agree, I have a feeling they'll bring it back though.
3.) Hopefully, they don't play that again.
4.) Agreed.
5.) Sorry to hear that!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:28 AM
SOXfnNlansing SOXfnNlansing is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Oak Lawn IL
Posts: 2,821
Default

Another dumb thing they did was not include the score sheet in the program. You have to buy both now.
__________________
Next game: TBD

2014: 1-1
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Karkovice View Post
1.) No big deal.
2.) I agree, I have a feeling they'll bring it back though.
3.) Hopefully, they don't play that again.
4.) Agreed.
5.) Sorry to hear that!
Brooks tells me the new intro is here to stay (as mentioned in another thread). If you'd like to see Pirates back, as I would, email Brooks to voice your opinion. Bboyer@chisox.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Ron Karkovice Ron Karkovice is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wrigleyville
Posts: 1,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
Brooks tells me the new intro is here to stay (as mentioned in another thread). If you'd like to see Pirates back, as I would, email Brooks to voice your opinion. Bboyer@chisox.com
Yeah, I am more thinking it will come back later this season once Brooks gets enough notice from fans. He's usually really good at making the fans happy right?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,201
Default

Parking/traffic direction is a joke. I'm shocked there aren't more accidents/fights/general anarchy after games.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
skobabe8's Avatar
skobabe8 skobabe8 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 6,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Parking/traffic direction is a joke. I'm shocked there aren't more accidents/fights/general anarchy after games.
It's as much a tradition as fireworks after home runs.
__________________



www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Parking/traffic direction is a joke. I'm shocked there aren't more accidents/fights/general anarchy after games.
Yeah, I arrived down there just after 2, realized parking in a lot wasn't going to happen and just turned around and parked on the street about a mile away and walked. Got there just before first pitch.

Given that they've had, what, 22 years now to figure out the current parking configuration, it's a mystery to me why it's still an adventure.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Jerko Jerko is offline
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Parking/traffic direction is a joke. I'm shocked there aren't more accidents/fights/general anarchy after games.
I've had it out with those parking/traffic director people many times. They suck when it's not that crowded too. Someone is gonna get run over on 37th street between lots E and F (I think those are the letters)

Today is my first game so I'll predict what will bother me:

Only the fan deck will be open in the outfield
Traffic people
Staduim club will close like 5 minutes after the game even though they're supposed to stay open for at least an hour.
__________________
Playoffs? PLAYoffs?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
Brooks tells me the new intro is here to stay (as mentioned in another thread). If you'd like to see Pirates back, as I would, email Brooks to voice your opinion. Bboyer@chisox.com
Horrible decision- classic example of fixing something that wasn't broken- nothing gets a crowd fired up like a spoken voice over!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Naperville
Posts: 940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Horrible decision- classic example of fixing something that wasn't broken- nothing gets a crowd fired up like a spoken voice over!
From the same minds who thought the Diamond Sock patch needed to be replaced by a duplicate S-O-X logo.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 604
Default

The Sox also weren't ready to open the gates on time yesterday. I arrived at Gate 5 at 1:00 as gates were to open at 1:10 but did not open until 1:30. At 1:20, they were still bringing up the boxes with the two giveaways. They had 6 months to prepare for Opening Day and couldn't even get the gates open on time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.