White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
WSI Personality

Default PNC Park

I'll be stopping in Pittsburgh to take in a Pirates game on my way to the Baseball HOF in June. For those that have been to PNC, where do you recommend I sit? The upper deck seats behind the plate seem like a good choice so I can take in the terrific view. Also, do they have the same policy the Sox have about upper deck ticket holders only being allowed in the upper deck?

In 2005, I was 17. The White Sox won the World Series for the first time since '17, which was 88 years before. I was born in '88.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM
WSI High Priest

I cannot think of a bad seat in the park.
I would recommend you sit behind home plate somewhere (it could be the upper deck). The sight lines of the city are incredible.

PM me if you plan on staying for any degree of length. I would be happy to show you the high points of the town.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 AM
WSI Personality

I went there a couple years back when the sox were there. Sat behind the plate lower deck and behind the plate in the upper deck for game 2. I much preferred the upper deck seats since you could see more of the city. I am also pretty sure you can get to lower lever even if you have regular upper deck seats.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:51 AM
WSI Personality

Default PNC Park

We went to PNC Park in 2007 to see the White Sox play the Pirates. We sat behind the White Sox dugout on the first base side. It's easily the nicest park I have been to. Hopefully you will be going to a night game. The Pittsburgh skyline is tremendous lit up at night. If you have time, walk around the entire ballpark. You will notice that the food courts are overlooking the Allegeny River. Everything is set up so well there, that I was actually envious of the park. Although I like the Cell, it can't compare to PNC Park. I wish the White Sox were playing in a similar park in the South Loop.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM
WSI Prelate

By the looks of the empty seats, anywhere you want.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
By the looks of the empty seats, anywhere you want.
Seriously. I saw a game there a few years ago and got seats ~20 rows behind home plate for less than $30 on Stubhub. It's a great stadium though.