White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 PM
MMXXIII

Default ***4/24 Postgame Thread*** Hey, they didn't lose!!!

Super Duper!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quintana gets a well deserved pick me up from the bullpen.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Reed keeping up the good work and Dunn 3 walks.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Thank God.

Risk

"Is minic a ghearr teanga duine a scornach"-(Celtic)
"it is often that a person's tongue cut his throat"
Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

If the pitching can hold steady and they just pick up the hitting a bit the season can salvaged. As for the game, it reminded me of many in my younger days.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
If the pitching can hold steady and they just pick up the hitting a bit the season can salvaged.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Stick up for me kufram. If they win about 70 games or so I won't fall out of my chair, but I'd like to think that with Beckham and Tank back, and a continuation of solid pitching the season can be salvaged. I have no playoff hopes and it is kind of funny to me that I'm getting laughed at for being "optimistic."
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Stick up for me kufram. If they win about 70 games or so I won't fall out of my chair, but I'd like to think that with Beckham and Tank back, and a continuation of solid pitching the season can be salvaged. I have no playoff hopes and it is kind of funny to me that I'm getting laughed at for being "optimistic."

I've been very negative this season (pissed off about the comatose offseason) but I agree with you to a certain point.

The Sox have shown in the past that when the weather gets nice they can have some sporadic offensive performances that are great. What bothers me is that they seem to follow a 9 run game with a shutout. Until they can get some consistency they will be in trouble.

But to your point its April and I am going to believe the Sox will be in the hunt come September because its depressing to think otherwise.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
I half agree. The Sox have been absolutely BRUTAL out of the gate, if they're going to be this bad all year, well, then it is what it is. But again, looks like the Central is going to be won by some team that's going to max out in the high 80s for wins again. The vaunted Tigers that were going to win 110 games or whatever are nowhere to be found.

I don't have any high hopes, but it's too early to be 100% certain of anything. You just have to make the playoffs. If last year's garbage Detroit team can win the pennant, pretty much anyone can.

Once again our salvation is our incredibly mediocre division.

Last edited by doublem23; 04-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I'm not in the season prediction game. You are right in being hopeful that things will get better, in my opinion. We have done a number of things badly for 2 or three weeks. That has to change and it could change. April is a time for hope. I don't want to spend this time predicting anything, but certainly not predicting certain failure.

Keeping the opposition from scoring and then scoring one more run than them will do.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
If the pitching can hold steady and they just pick up the hitting a bit the season can salvaged. As for the game, it reminded me of many in my younger days.
If by 'salvaged' you mean winning 83 games or so, then I agree with you. If you mean winning the division or wild card and getting to the playoffs? No...

Lip
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
If by 'salvaged' you mean winning 83 games or so, then I agree with you. If you mean winning the division or wild card and getting to the playoffs? No...

Lip
Because being 2 games behind the Tigers in late April is a hole the White Sox won't be able to dig themselves out of, especially considering how the team has overachieved up to this point?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Because being 2 games behind the Tigers in late April is a hole the White Sox won't be able to dig themselves out of, especially considering how the team has overachieved up to this point?
It's not the distance, it's the personnel. This is a 70ish win team and it's played as such. 83 wins would be topping out.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Let me be the first to agree with this - yes, 2 games down to the Tigers is a hole this team cannot dig out of. There will be no extended winning streaks with this lineup of outs to bail themselves out of this start.

I would love to be wrong. But I'm not.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post

Lip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE