White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minooka
Posts: 9,645
Default Soriano to Yankees?

Was pulled from Cubs lineup twitter blowing up that its done
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
EMachine10 EMachine10 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,461
Default

Unless Hahn is waiting for bigger and better offers, I don't get why everybody wants all these jackass Cubs so urgently over what we have.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
SCCWS SCCWS is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
Unless Hahn is waiting for bigger and better offers, I don't get why everybody wants all these jackass Cubs so urgently over what we have.

Patience.................the second mouse gets the cheese.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 13,000
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
Unless Hahn is waiting for bigger and better offers, I don't get why everybody wants all these jackass Cubs so urgently over what we have.
It probably is just clearing roster space. I doubt the Yankees give up much of anything. I mean, how could they for that guy?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Golden Sox Golden Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Posts: 800
Default

I was hoping/praying that the Yankees would want Adam Dunn. If the bad guys on the Northside can move Soriano, Zambrano and Milton Bradley, I don't see why the White Sox can't move Dunn. The bad guys have eating alot of money moving those 3 players. The White Sox are going to have to eat alot of Dunns money but the team is better off without him. Moving Dunn would erase the mistake that was made when KW signed Dunn.It would also indicate the White Sox are moving in another direction. Dunn missed another easy throw by Ramirez today. Dunn can't do anything but hit an occasional home run. Hopefully the Adam Dunn era will be coming to an end on the Southside of Chicago soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM
russ99 russ99 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,789
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I was hoping/praying that the Yankees would want Adam Dunn. If the bad guys on the Northside can move Soriano, Zambrano and Milton Bradley, I don't see why the White Sox can't move Dunn. The bad guys have eating alot of money moving those 3 players. The White Sox are going to have to eat alot of Dunns money but the team is better off without him. Moving Dunn would erase the mistake that was made when KW signed Dunn.It would also indicate the White Sox are moving in another direction. Dunn missed another easy throw by Ramirez today. Dunn can't do anything but hit an occasional home run. Hopefully the Adam Dunn era will be coming to an end on the Southside of Chicago soon.
Good point, Dunn and Soriano have similar contracts and Dunn is outhitting Soriano in every major category except batting average.

The question remains, with the Yankees in on Soriano, who'd take him?

We'd still need to eat salary and/or take a bad contract in return. I'd assume all NL teams would pass on him. So out of the AL contenders we realistically have Boston, Baltimore, the Rangers (who we're trying to sell Rios to) and maybe the Angels.

Not sure if I see a match there...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Goose Goose is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Good point, Dunn and Soriano have similar contracts and Dunn is outhitting Soriano in every major category except batting average.

The question remains, with the Yankees in on Soriano, who'd take him?

We'd still need to eat salary and/or take a bad contract in return. I'd assume all NL teams would pass on him. So out of the AL contenders we realistically have Boston, Baltimore, the Rangers (who we're trying to sell Rios to) and maybe the Angels.

Not sure if I see a match there...
If the Sox want to rid themselves of Dunn, they will have to do 2 things: 1) eat a good portion of that contract and 2) make him a part of any deal for Rios/Pitchers...they may have to sweeten the pot one way or anothe rby adding some prospect along, but that is the only way.

Not sure what the specifics are for the Soriano trade, but I am fairly sure that the Cubs just sent him off for a low prospect and had to pay the bulk (if not all) of the remaining salary.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 AM
DeadMoney DeadMoney is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
Unless Hahn is waiting for bigger and better offers, I don't get why everybody wants all these jackass Cubs so urgently over what we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
It probably is just clearing roster space. I doubt the Yankees give up much of anything. I mean, how could they for that guy?
It's also a factor of Theo and Company having listened to offers for 2 straight seasons now. They probably have a pretty good idea of the trade landscape. I'd suspect the kind of value they now expect to get in return for these guys is consistent with the reality of the situation.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.