White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Default Friday's Winning PTC & *Official* "Friday the 13th" Postgamer

Yep that's why he gets paid...

"Little help here?"

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Hoping for our first Saturday win tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:20 PM
WSI Guru

Eaton reaches base in all five plate appearances, but only scores one run. Yeah, the 2 through 5 hitters had struggling nights.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 06-13-2014, 11:32 PM
WSI Guru

Was listening a little bit to the KC radio feed while working on a project down in the basement. For some reason, the Sox WSCR feed sounded like hell on At Bat, and I didn't feel like plugging an actual radio in. The KC announcers, Denny Matthews and Steve Stewart, thought the Sox got off to a good start but believe they have "faded" in June and still need a lot of rebuilding. They rattled off some stat saying the Sox have lost eight of their last nine home games. Obviously that is not correct....did they mean 8 of last 9 to KC? Not motivated to look it up right now. It was cool that they called them the "Sox" and not the "White Sox", and I was stunned at how much Stewart knew about Scott Carroll's story this season. My overall impression though was that they were not impressed with the Sox and thought the rest of the AL was a bunch of middling/average teams. Also of note, Bill Kurtis does voiceovers on KC radio.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 06-13-2014, 11:48 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Was listening a little bit to the KC radio feed while working on a project down in the basement. For some reason, the Sox WSCR feed sounded like hell on At Bat, and I didn't feel like plugging an actual radio in. The KC announcers, Denny Matthews and Steve Stewart, thought the Sox got off to a good start but believe they have "faded" in June and still need a lot of rebuilding. They rattled off some stat saying the Sox have lost eight of their last nine home games. Obviously that is not correct....did they mean 8 of last 9 to KC? Not motivated to look it up right now. It was cool that they called them the "Sox" and not the "White Sox", and I was stunned at how much Stewart knew about Scott Carroll's story this season. My overall impression though was that they were not impressed with the Sox and thought the rest of the AL was a bunch of middling/average teams. Also of note, Bill Kurtis does voiceovers on KC radio.
Yes, the Sox are 1-8 in their last nine home games against the Royals, dating back to the first week of April 2013.

That's crazy they think the Sox have faded in June. The Sox are 5-6 this month, which is pretty consistent with their season-long body of work.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:41 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
That's crazy they think the Sox have faded in June. The Sox are 5-6 this month, which is pretty consistent with their season-long body of work.
I guess maybe the sweep in Anaheim is on their minds since that seemed to capture more national attention than the Sox usually warrant; fueled mostly by the Angels big comeback win on Saturday and the Trout GS off Sale were big news that weekend.

Of course, anyone paying close attention (note: I am not judging another team's announcers for not following the Sox day in and day out) would have noticed that sweep was bookended with two really good series against the Dodgers and then Tigers.

I can't believe anyone thinks this team has any sort of sweeping personality at this point; we're 68 games into the season (75 calendar days if I counted correctly) and the Sox have been within a 4-game window (+2 or -2 of .500) for literally the entire season with the exception of two days (14-17 on May 3 and 19-22 on May 13)...
Old 06-14-2014, 01:42 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The KC announcers, Denny Matthews and Steve Stewart, thought the Sox got off to a good start but believe they have "faded" in June and still need a lot of rebuilding.
I don't think there's any doubt about that.
"For Sale" signs should remain brightly lit for the foreseeable future.

Re 8/9, Sox have lost 8 of last 9 home games against Royals.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:21 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox Jun 13 Everyone loves @KevinHart4real. cc: @AdamSpankyEaton @BubWebb @Scotty_Carroll pic.twitter.com/HbmB1tGogL

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 AM
WSI Prelate

I'd like to see Abreu back hitting third. He's got more of an opportunity to hit with men on base. Would have been nice to have him up with the bases loaded rather than Gillaspie last night.

Also, I'd be interested to see Beckham's numbers when Abreu is hitting behind him juxtaposed with Gillaspie. Not sure there'd be much of a disparity as he was hitting fairly well during Abreu's brief DL stint.

"See you on a dark night."