White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
I don't get your point, at all. All of those players have played well this year, especially Retherford (6 HR 28 RBI .323 Avg. in 130 AB's), Marrero (3 HR 20 RBI .323 Avg. in 155 AB's) and Gartrell (8 HR 28 RBI and .282 Avg. in 142 AB's). The press has not rated them as the top prospects in the organization but have played well. They are, thus, underrated.
It's his shtick to make really out there and indefensibly stupid statements. Or at least it is in this case.

Retherford is making me look like an idiot. I still don't know if he'll handle AAA or MLB pitching, but he looks damn good right now.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
Let me throw out another pitcher: Rodriguez' teammate Jon Link. Link is 0-0 with 5 saves, a 2.18 ERA, 9 walks and 27 strikeouts in 20 and 2/3 innings. Link, too, might pitch in Chicago this summer.
Link is my favorite underrated Sox prospect. Another great trade by Kenny. Hopefully he continues to improve and can eventually take over the closer role once Jenks prices himself out of the Sox budget.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsoxfan View Post
Link is my favorite underrated Sox prospect. Another great trade by Kenny. Hopefully he continues to improve and can eventually take over the closer role once Jenks prices himself out of the Sox budget.

What is Link's scouting report?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Grebeck View Post
It's his shtick to make really out there and indefensibly stupid statements. Or at least it is in this case.

Retherford is making me look like an idiot. I still don't know if he'll handle AAA or MLB pitching, but he looks damn good right now.
Props for admitting it. For all the controversial statements you make, respect for admitting when you might be wrong.

I'm not as knowledgeable about the farm as many of you, but from what I'm seeing of Retherford, Shelby and Link, these guys should be able to contribute at least within the next two years if not this season.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Grebeck View Post

I would like to echo guillen4life13's respect for you for admitting that you could be wrong. That's very commendable, and quite refreshing. Bravo.