Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar View Post
Yea, i was thinking the same exact thing .. with the way that Stone signed off for the season, it sure sounded like he was at least lighting the match to burn his bridges .. also, i doubt that JR has any patience at this time,for broadcasters whining about their problems in the booth .. i'm wondering if the words, 'You guys will cease fire and do your ****ing job" might have been used .. i said a few days ago in here that i think Hawk and Stone need couples counseling .. i was joking at the time, but it wouldn't hurt if they could be forced to go .. as for the radio side of things, i listen to both the tv and radio broadcast of almost every game and i'm quite possibly the only one here that enjoys Farmer and DJ ..
I'm with you. I think they have great chemistry and they both have a ton of insight. Also when the games are taking forever they fill the time with entertainment. It's all about personal preference. Like I said before the majority of people would be upset no matter who was announcing. Just the way of the world.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar View Post
Yea, i was thinking the same exact thing .. with the way that Stone signed off for the season, it sure sounded like he was at least lighting the match to burn his bridges .. also, i doubt that JR has any patience at this time,for broadcasters whining about their problems in the booth .. i'm wondering if the words, 'You guys will cease fire and do your ****ing job" might have been used .. i said a few days ago in here that i think Hawk and Stone need couples counseling .. i was joking at the time, but it wouldn't hurt if they could be forced to go .. as for the radio side of things, i listen to both the tv and radio broadcast of almost every game and i'm quite possibly the only one here that enjoys Farmer and DJ ..

I was about to say you are the only one, but it looks like there's two of you out there.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
WSI Personality

My biggest beef with Farmer and DJ is when I turn on the game in progress, it can take literally several innings until I know what the score is. A good radio announcer gives a game reset every 5-7 minutes or so. At the very least, the score should be given at the start and end of every half-inning. Not so for these amateurs.

I'm really tired of turning on the Score, only to scream at my radio, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL IN CALIFORNIA, TELL ME THE ****ING SCORE OF THE GAME YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOUNCING!"
Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 PM
WSI Personality

I know Farmer and DJ always get a bad rap but let's not forget how it was when Aaron Rowand was there for a few games...
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
I'm with you. I think they have great chemistry and they both have a ton of insight. Also when the games are taking forever they fill the time with entertainment. It's all about personal preference. Like I said before the majority of people would be upset no matter who was announcing. Just the way of the world.
That makes three of us. I guess I usually already know what is the score is because I'll either have my phone on espn or mlb gamecast. So I find them entertaining and humorous.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
WSI High Priest

I agree with getting frustrated while waiting to get the score on the radio broadcasts. I don't expect them to say it every five seconds, but once in a while would be nice. They forget that a) some people may have actually just tuned in; and b) this is not like TV where the score is looking you right in the face constantly.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
WSI High Priest

I have always enjoyed Steve's broadcasting. I hope he's with us for a while!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konerko05 View Post
That makes three of us. I guess I usually already know what is the score is because I'll either have my phone on espn or mlb gamecast. So I find them entertaining and humorous.
If I'm listening on the radio I'm in my car. So even if I had a smart phone, I'm looking through the windshield and maintaining situational awareness, not down at a phone. I want the score on a more regular basis.

March 31 W
April 10 W

Next Game: April 26
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
If I'm listening on the radio I'm in my car. So even if I had a smart phone, I'm looking through the windshield and maintaining situational awareness, not down at a phone. I want the score on a more regular basis.
If you check the score before you start driving, it is not very difficult to follow along.

I'm not making excuses of them, nor am I saying everyone should do this.

I am just saying that is why I probably never noticed this being an issue.