White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM
shingo10 shingo10 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar View Post
Yea, i was thinking the same exact thing .. with the way that Stone signed off for the season, it sure sounded like he was at least lighting the match to burn his bridges .. also, i doubt that JR has any patience at this time,for broadcasters whining about their problems in the booth .. i'm wondering if the words, 'You guys will cease fire and do your ****ing job" might have been used .. i said a few days ago in here that i think Hawk and Stone need couples counseling .. i was joking at the time, but it wouldn't hurt if they could be forced to go .. as for the radio side of things, i listen to both the tv and radio broadcast of almost every game and i'm quite possibly the only one here that enjoys Farmer and DJ ..
I'm with you. I think they have great chemistry and they both have a ton of insight. Also when the games are taking forever they fill the time with entertainment. It's all about personal preference. Like I said before the majority of people would be upset no matter who was announcing. Just the way of the world.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwar View Post
Yea, i was thinking the same exact thing .. with the way that Stone signed off for the season, it sure sounded like he was at least lighting the match to burn his bridges .. also, i doubt that JR has any patience at this time,for broadcasters whining about their problems in the booth .. i'm wondering if the words, 'You guys will cease fire and do your ****ing job" might have been used .. i said a few days ago in here that i think Hawk and Stone need couples counseling .. i was joking at the time, but it wouldn't hurt if they could be forced to go .. as for the radio side of things, i listen to both the tv and radio broadcast of almost every game and i'm quite possibly the only one here that enjoys Farmer and DJ ..

I was about to say you are the only one, but it looks like there's two of you out there.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Milw Milw is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 884
Default

My biggest beef with Farmer and DJ is when I turn on the game in progress, it can take literally several innings until I know what the score is. A good radio announcer gives a game reset every 5-7 minutes or so. At the very least, the score should be given at the start and end of every half-inning. Not so for these amateurs.

I'm really tired of turning on the Score, only to scream at my radio, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL IN CALIFORNIA, TELL ME THE ****ING SCORE OF THE GAME YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOUNCING!"
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 PM
shingo10 shingo10 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 769
Default

I know Farmer and DJ always get a bad rap but let's not forget how it was when Aaron Rowand was there for a few games...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Konerko05 Konerko05 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
I'm with you. I think they have great chemistry and they both have a ton of insight. Also when the games are taking forever they fill the time with entertainment. It's all about personal preference. Like I said before the majority of people would be upset no matter who was announcing. Just the way of the world.
That makes three of us. I guess I usually already know what is the score is because I'll either have my phone on espn or mlb gamecast. So I find them entertaining and humorous.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:47 AM
LongLiveFisk LongLiveFisk is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Burbank, IL
Posts: 11,384
Default

I agree with getting frustrated while waiting to get the score on the radio broadcasts. I don't expect them to say it every five seconds, but once in a while would be nice. They forget that a) some people may have actually just tuned in; and b) this is not like TV where the score is looking you right in the face constantly.
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic1750_2.gif
Sig courtesy of asboog.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
soxfanreggie soxfanreggie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Normal, IL/Sarasota, FL
Posts: 9,346
Default

I have always enjoyed Steve's broadcasting. I hope he's with us for a while!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
FielderJones's Avatar
FielderJones FielderJones is offline
WSI Village Atheist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 4,852
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konerko05 View Post
That makes three of us. I guess I usually already know what is the score is because I'll either have my phone on espn or mlb gamecast. So I find them entertaining and humorous.
If I'm listening on the radio I'm in my car. So even if I had a smart phone, I'm looking through the windshield and maintaining situational awareness, not down at a phone. I want the score on a more regular basis.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 2 - 0

March 31 W
April 10 W

Next Game: April 26
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Konerko05 Konerko05 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
If I'm listening on the radio I'm in my car. So even if I had a smart phone, I'm looking through the windshield and maintaining situational awareness, not down at a phone. I want the score on a more regular basis.
If you check the score before you start driving, it is not very difficult to follow along.

I'm not making excuses of them, nor am I saying everyone should do this.

I am just saying that is why I probably never noticed this being an issue.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.