White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:50 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway
Default Championship Series

ALCS - Tigers vs. Yankees (all games on TBS)
Game 1: Saturday at New York, 7 pm
Game 2: Sunday at New York, 3 pm
Game 3: Tuesday at Detroit, 7 pm
Game 4: Wednesday at Detroit, 7 pm
Game 5 (if necessary): Thursday at Detroit, 3 pm
Game 6 (if necessary): Saturday, Oct. 20 at New York, 7 pm
Game 7 (if necessary): Sunday, Oct. 21 at New York, 7 pm

Season series: Yankees won 6-4 (2-1 at home, 4-3 on road)
Regular season: Yankees 95-67 (51-30 at home, 45-37 on road); Tigers 88-74 (50-31 at home, 38-43 on road)

NLCS - Cardinals vs. Giants (all games on Fox)
Game 1: Sunday at San Francisco, 7 pm
Game 2: Monday at San Francisco, 7 pm
Game 3: Wednesday at St. Louis, 3 pm
Game 4: Thursday at St. Louis, 7 pm
Game 5 (if necessary): Friday at St. Louis, 7 pm
Game 6 (if necessary): Sunday, Oct. 21 at San Francisco, 3:30 pm
Game 7 (if necessary): Monday, Oct. 22 at San Francisco, 7 pm

Season series: Tied 3-3 (1-1 in San Francisco, 2-2 in St. Louis)
Regular season: Giants 94-68 (48-33 at home, 46-35 on road); Cardinals 88-74 (50-31 at home, 38-43 on road)

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Zakath; 10-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Go everybody except Detroit.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
WSI Personality

Why does TBS get to broadcast the ALCS every year? I don't get TBS and it pisses me off as an AL fan, I miss when Fox would broadcast both series.

"I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive."
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai_sox View Post
Why does TBS get to broadcast the ALCS every year? I don't get TBS and it pisses me off as an AL fan, I miss when Fox would broadcast both series.
They alternate each season. Last year, the ALCS was on Fox and the NLCS was on TBS.

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all."- Former Orioles Manager Earl Weaver
Go Sox and Go Bearcats!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Other than Swisher and A-Rod, there's very little I dislike about the Yankees. Gotta get on the Yankee train....

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 AM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Go National League!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
Other than Swisher and A-Rod, there's very little I dislike about the Yankees. Gotta get on the Yankee train....
I can't say the same thing. I sympathize with Joe Boyd, the lead character in "Damn Yankees," who's willing to sell his soul to see New York lose. I got a kick reading what John Grisham, the author of "Calico Joe," said about how much he hates the Yankees.

They're a strong organization -- got to give them that. But I've seen the White Sox get pushed to the back of the line by that team for so many years that I can't bring myself to appreciate what they do.

Having said that, I'm also not crazy about Detroit, for obvious reasons. So if the Manhattan Millionaires make it through the ALCS, I will then become an rabid National League fan.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
WSI Personality

2 things I learned last night.The baseball gods are alive and well as they punished the moronic Nationals for sitting their best pitcher when it matters , and the National fans are the stupidest in baseball . I went over and read a lot of their comments , and almost unbelievably, there is this belief that they will surely be in this position for many years to come. Any non-johnnycomelately fan, like most of these so-called Nats fans are not, knows you cannot assume anything in this game with the spectre of injury and free agency, and just plain luck all playing into the future. Rizzo better hope they make it to the playoffs next year , because this is going to be his legacy if they don't.

Last edited by mahagga73; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
Go everybody except Detroit.
I hear you man, but when it comes down to Detroit and the Yankees I cannot go for the Yankees in any circumstance .
Old 10-13-2012, 01:16 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I hear you man, but when it comes down to Detroit and the Yankees I cannot go for the Yankees in any circumstance .
Agreed. I have no love lost for the Tigers, they're a divisional rival after all, but it's not like they stole anything from the Sox; you can't have stolen what you just gave away. The Sox pissed away the division and the Tigers happened to the lucky recipients.

But the Yankees? **** those ****ing ****ers.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai_sox View Post
At least we avoid McCarver! Go Cardinals!
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 10-13-2012, 06:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

This is on TBS too!!!??? I have not been able to watch a single game so far this postseason because of this crap. Why arnt both of the League Championship series on network TV????
2013 WSI Baseball H2H Champion
Old 10-13-2012, 06:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Agreed. I have no love lost for the Tigers, they're a divisional rival after all, but it's not like they stole anything from the Sox; you can't have stolen what you just gave away. The Sox pissed away the division and the Tigers happened to the lucky recipients.

But the Yankees? **** those ****ing ****ers.
I understand, I hate the Yankees too, but I don't have as much hate for the Yankees as I do Detroit. I basically hate everyone on that Tigers team, especially Valverde. This hate has been there for a while, way before last year.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:53 PM
WSI Personality

I have to go with the Tigers as much as it pains me to say. I've hated the Yankees for too long, and the End of the World is not a realistic third option.

I do have this crazy vision of Valverde (El Douche Grande) drilling Swisher between the numbers (not in the head, because it wouldn't hurt). But Swisher swings anyway and the bat slips out of his hands, hits Valverde in the forehead and knocks him clear into center field.

A guy can dream right?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102605 View Post
This is on TBS too!!!??? I have not been able to watch a single game so far this postseason because of this crap. Why arnt both of the League Championship series on network TV????

What cable company does not carry TBS?
Closed Thread