White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM
WSI Guru

Default Sox Conference Call on Tuesday

The White Sox are holding a conference call with the media on Tuesday, and Whitesox Interactive has been asked to participate.

Brooks Boyer will be answering questions.

If anyone has any specific questions they would like addressed, please post them here. Our WSI representative on the call will ask the best questions to Brooks.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 04:27 PM
WSI Guru

Brian et al:

Thanks for helping out with this. Can't do it because of a conflict with Idaho State's weekly football press conference.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Extensive surveys were held with Sox fans to try to get some answers on the attendance issue, outside of the ticket prices what were some of the other concerns the surveys revealed?

2. With the Cubs floundering and seemingly going to have a few more years having trouble winning games do you consider this a real opportunity to make inroads in the market? (I was going to ask this question to see if the Sox overall philosophy of not taking on the Cubs has changed or is it more of the "we are Chicago's American League team...")

3. You said to the media last week, that the lowering of ticket prices and revenue generated because of it would not impact the team payroll for this season. Does that mean that team payroll is more determined by other factors than just attendance? If so, what are the other areas more impactful.

Lip
Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 PM
WSI Regular

What are some ideas he has to refresh some of the stale promotional ideas such as mullet night.

Would the Sox be willing to do a lucky fan of the night promotion where someone gets free tickets even a 7th inning stretch component for someone who can actually through a ball from the pitching rubber to a catcher accurately.

Bringing back ball kids of the day where younger fans get a chance of being a ball girl or boy or assisting in the dugout.

And sort of what Lip said but what ideas does he have to make the ball park and the team more marketable with the younger players being in place and the World Series now in the distant past to most casual fans.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:42 PM
WSI Regular

This may be a bit of a self serving question but:

Will current season tickets holders get to buy or relocate season ticket seats prior to them going on sale to the public? (i.e. do they get the first crack?)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM
WSI Regular

The lower ticket prices are a great start but my question is how long are they going to hold their entire fan base responsible for the actions of a drunken father and son ten years ago? Can't they come up with some sort of system to allow ALL of your customers to enjoy the ENTIRE ballpark? Instead of making half your customers feel like second class citizens why not allow everyone to enjoy the statues, hall of fame, etc. Why continue to limit the fan experience for your law abiding, rule following fans because of your own past security short comings?
Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by socko82 View Post
The lower ticket prices are a great start but my question is how long are they going to hold their entire fan base responsible for the actions of a drunken father and son ten years ago? Can't they come up with some sort of system to allow ALL of your customers to enjoy the ENTIRE ballpark? Instead of making half your customers feel like second class citizens why not allow everyone to enjoy the statues, hall of fame, etc. Why continue to limit the fan experience for your law abiding, rule following fans because of your own past security short comings?
How about ushers who actually enforce tickets at the sections?
Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
The only people who can see the Hall of Fame are Scout Seat people.

All hail The Rick
Old 10-20-2012, 10:29 PM
WSI Regular

Why the Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead is still a promotion night? I get Miller is a sponsor but surely a better giveaway can be done to attract said fans...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM
WSI Regular

I agree with some of the things posted so far. I don't mind sitting in the upper deck, but it bothers me not to have access to the lower deck, even though I would rarely actually go down there.
Also, mentioning the Hall of Fame reminded me that they need to bring it back so the ordinary fan can see it. It's a great opportunity to educate the youngsters on the history of the Sox.
I would also appreciate it if they had someone competent running the scoreboard. Misspellings abound, sometimes what they post about a player's prior at-bat is just flat out wrong, and they have no sense of when to throw in the pre-recorded cheers/music and what is appropriate (I'm sorry, but playing the Go-Go White Sox song with Paul Konerko on first base and two outs when you're losing by five runs is just plain ridiculous).
Old 10-21-2012, 12:16 AM
WSI Regular

With the abundance of theme nights and corresponding discounts for tickets DIRECTLY from WhiteSox.com / Ticketmaster.com, the individual game prices were often cheaper for individual game buyers than it was for those of us that made significant upfront investments and commitments in ticket packages or as season tickets holders. Will this be addressed as well in the upcoming season?

Last edited by keloms; 10-21-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

How about wearing white socks, at least on Sundays?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 AM
New At WSI

Ask Brooks; with the Red Line under construction next summer, It would be a good time to utilize buses from Union/Northwestern Station directly to and from the Cell for selected games.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

Easy solution to the Hall of Fame is to incorporate it into the new store on 35th Street. Accessible to all and a draw to the store.

Here's an odd one. How about concessions/vendors in the parking lots. I love to tailgate, but there are times when I just don't feel like loading up the grills and the coolers. This might lead to the set up of a Yawkey Way type of arrangement.

The Sox also have to get rid of the "bum's rush" attitude at the end of the game. Closing concession stands early, including the souvenir stands and shops, the nightly announcement that you can stay for the press conference, but then the park is closed, and the Bullpen bar evacuation seemingly minutes after the game. The announcement should invite fans to Bicardi's and the Bullpen Bar and then allow them to stay open for a reasonable time after the game.

Total agreement on a refresh of promotion nights. Mullet night is an embarrassment, a self affirming stereotype.

Oh, and bring back straight A and perfect attendance give away for kids. I swear this made my family go to more games.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis11 View Post
Ask Brooks; with the Red Line under construction next summer, It would be a good time to utilize buses from Union/Northwestern Station directly to and from the Cell for selected games.
Red line will be running on Green line tracks south of Roosevelt. Not the huge problem at least from the north many think it will be. Just an extra 2 block walk to the park which may be offset by not having to deal with slow zones from Roosevelt to 35th.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
They fixed it. Shell out $20 for an outfield reserve ticket and you will have lower deck access.