White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz32 View Post
Why the Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead is still a promotion night? I get Miller is a sponsor but surely a better giveaway can be done to attract said fans...
So what? It's not like people stay away from the game because it is the Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead game. There are 81 home games, so an additonal giveaway can be used at another game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis11 View Post
Ask Brooks; with the Red Line under construction next summer, It would be a good time to utilize buses from Union/Northwestern Station directly to and from the Cell for selected games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Red line will be running on Green line tracks south of Roosevelt. Not the huge problem at least from the north many think it will be. Just an extra 2 block walk to the park which may be offset by not having to deal with slow zones from Roosevelt to 35th.
Agreed with dickallen. The Red Line is almost a mile from Union and Ogilvie stations, while the Green Line is two blocks from Ogilvie and about three block from the north exit of Union Station. The Red Line is the lesser desirable option for people arriving at those stations when compared to the Green Line.

All hail The Rick
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post

The Red Line is almost a mile from Union and Ogilvie stations, while the Green Line is two blocks from Ogilvie and about three block from the north exit of Union Station. The Red Line is the lesser desirable option for people arriving at those stations when compared to the Green Line.
The green line has always been an option for these customers. The shutting down of the red line wont change things for them. If they used it before they will continue, if they didnt they still wont.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
So what? It's not like people stay away from the game because it is the Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead game. There are 81 home games, so an additonal giveaway can be used at another game.
Agreed just some changes to the giveaways and themes should be considered . Seems they keep the same thing year after year. They did small changes this year, just need keep it going..

Last edited by Brian26; 10-21-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: fixed quotation
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 AM
WSI Village Atheist

Ask what is the rationale for keeping Dynamic Pricing. If the Sox price tickets right in the first place, there isn't going to be any profit to be made in the secondary market. Ask how much research the Sox do on the secondary market.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Showing my age with this one, but: is there any plan to down play the noise that gets piped in through the sound system and let fans enjoy the game.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky F. Dent View Post
Showing my age with this one, but: is there any plan to down play the noise that gets piped in through the sound system and let fans enjoy the game.
Myself and my twentysomething friends who go to games wholeheartedly agree with you.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
This may be a bit of a self serving question but:

Will current season tickets holders get to buy or relocate season ticket seats prior to them going on sale to the public? (i.e. do they get the first crack?)
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz32 View Post
Why the Miller Lite Beer Vendor Bobblehead is still a promotion night? I get Miller is a sponsor but surely a better giveaway can be done to attract said fans...
Did they even have the promotion this summer where you vote for your favorite beer vendor (and the winner gets their likeness on the bobblehead the following season)? I don't recall seeing that this summer.

2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Did they even have the promotion this summer where you vote for your favorite beer vendor (and the winner gets their likeness on the bobblehead the following season)? I don't recall seeing that this summer.
They did not do it this year, so I'm thinking we won't have it next year.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky F. Dent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
Myself and my twentysomething friends who go to games wholeheartedly agree with you.
I agree with this too.

To me, it's an amazing thing when there is a big moment in a game and the whole crowd starts to cheer for a strikeout or a big hit. When that awful noise meter comes on the screen during a ho-hum at bat in the 4th inning, I cringe.

Speaking of the scoreboard, when will we get a major league worthy one? For a franchise that pushed the envelope in scoreboards in the 60s and 70s, we have almost accepted the fact that ours is currently among the worst in the league.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I agree with this too.

To me, it's an amazing thing when there is a big moment in a game and the whole crowd starts to cheer for a strikeout or a big hit. When that awful noise meter comes on the screen during a ho-hum at bat in the 4th inning, I cringe.
"Everybody clap your hands!"
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Speaking of the scoreboard, when will we get a major league worthy one? For a franchise that pushed the envelope in scoreboards in the 60s and 70s, we have almost accepted the fact that ours is currently among the worst in the league.

I cannot agree more. I went to Milwaukee this year and their new larger, HD board is amazing and I see places like Kansas City, Cleveland, Atlanta and even Detroit getting new scoreboards while ours is looking weak by comparison.

I wish they would tear out everything on the CF board below the pinwheels and just make it one huge HD board. You can display so many more stats, have places for ads and use the entire board for video replays or the in-between innings activities.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 PM
WSI High Priest

I'd ask why dynamic pricing is going to continue, it's an abject failure and a big part of why it was hard to attract casual fans to come to the park this year.

Also, why the need to spend resources to hire a PR guy to listen to Sox fans when that's part of Brooks' job?

Nice move to lower prices, but the condescending and adversarial attitude to the non-premium customers continues.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:53 PM
WSI Personality

1.) As many have already suggested, I would ask why they plan to continue to use dynamic pricing. It was the most frustrating to me to see tons of empty seats in the outfield and they RAISED prices as game day approached.

2.)What are the planned improvements, if any, to the ballpark during the upcoming season? (e.g. new scoreboard).

3.)Can they please do everything in their power to get John Rooney back? Though I imagine it would be tough given it's probably more enjoyable for him to call the Cardinals every year because of their deep runs into the playoffs.

4.) Will they do anything to try to counteract the negative stigma of the neighborhood? I am sure that all the reports this summer of people getting murdered on the Southside certainly didn't help the perception of suburbanite families that don't venture into the city and more specifically to the southside very often.

Anticipated next game: 4/26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Easy solution to the Hall of Fame is to incorporate it into the new store on 35th Street. Accessible to all and a draw to the store.

Here's an odd one. How about concessions/vendors in the parking lots. I love to tailgate, but there are times when I just don't feel like loading up the grills and the coolers. This might lead to the set up of a Yawkey Way type of arrangement.

The Sox also have to get rid of the "bum's rush" attitude at the end of the game. Closing concession stands early, including the souvenir stands and shops, the nightly announcement that you can stay for the press conference, but then the park is closed, and the Bullpen bar evacuation seemingly minutes after the game. The announcement should invite fans to Bicardi's and the Bullpen Bar and then allow them to stay open for a reasonable time after the game.

Total agreement on a refresh of promotion nights. Mullet night is an embarrassment, a self affirming stereotype.

Oh, and bring back straight A and perfect attendance give away for kids. I swear this made my family go to more games.
Completely agree. I like to go back to my car after a game and enjoy a soda or two and let the traffic dissipate. Every time, security comes by and tells me to leave almost as soon as I get back to my car. For what? To sit in a line for 20 minutes just to get to the Ryan? What's the rush? It isn't like I'm hanging out there hours after a game.

I also remember once going to the bullpen bar after a game, ordering a 22 oz bomber, and then being told that the bar was closed 5 minutes later. Real nice to sell me a beer only to turn around and tell me to pour it out leave almost immediately after.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFann View Post
I cannot agree more. I went to Milwaukee this year and their new larger, HD board is amazing and I see places like Kansas City, Cleveland, Atlanta and even Detroit getting new scoreboards while ours is looking weak by comparison.

I wish they would tear out everything on the CF board below the pinwheels and just make it one huge HD board. You can display so many more stats, have places for ads and use the entire board for video replays or the in-between innings activities.
Both great points. The Sox have to give the fans what the other club in Chicago cant. Give the fans the best not something that is already antiquated.