White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Literally on the phone with my rep. I have two seats in 145 and he said the price is going UP on my seats.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Literally on the phone with my rep. I have two seats in 145 and he said the price is going UP on my seats.

That's odd. I thought it was just for Premium Box. What row are you?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
That makes me worried. I share seats in 145 row 9, so those are probably going up also.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Love:

Brooks also SPECIFICALLY told the mainstream media when he had his press conference that the reduction in ticket / parking prices WILL NOT IMPACT the payroll the team has to work with.

Assuming he isn't flat out lying (and I don't think he would) obviosuly there are other areas that carry more impact on payroll then it was assumed in the past.

Lip
I believe Brooks because the reduction in ticket prices should not negatively affect ticket revenue. The seats with the steepest discounts are the seats that went mostly unsold over the past few years, so there should actually be an increase in ticket revenue and attendance. The higher attendance will lead to more revenue from ads, so it should be a win-win.

If attendance doesn't increase significantly in 2013, then I would absolutely expect a payroll purge.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:27 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Did your rep say how much they are going up?

The original email from the Sox listed Bleachers, Outfield reserved, Premium Upper box, Upper box, and Upper reserved as going down in price. I just assumed that the Premium lower boxes would go up while the lower boxes held flat but I guess that some lower boxes are going up also.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM
WSI Regular

Just spoke to my ST rep and this is what he told me:

The Sox are taking the premium lower box seats and stratifying them into three layers:
Rows 26 and above (Gold)
Rows 11-25 (me- row 19) (Platinum)
Rows 1-10. (not sure of name?)
All premium lower box seats were $3,682 per seat last year (or $45.46 per ticket)
For premium lower box seats in rows 26 and above (Gold) the 2013 seats will remain the same price.
For premium lower box seats in rows 11-25 (Platinum) the 2013 price will go up $449 per seat to $4,131 or $51 per ticket
The people in the first 10 rows go up $854 per seat to $4,536 per seat (or $56 per ticket).

He also made a comment that sections 119 & 120 would be gold so I assume that the parallel seats on the third base will also apply.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

thanks for the info palehose

2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason82807 View Post
Parking lots will probably be pretty full at $20, especially with the red line shutdown next season.
The Red Line is not being shut down, it is merely being rerouted over the Green Line tracks. For anyone who catches the Red Line north of Cermak/Chinatown (which I would say is the vast majority of people who ride the L to the park) nothing is changing for you save for an extra 2 blocks you will need to walk to and fro.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The Red Line is not being shut down, it is merely being rerouted over the Green Line tracks. For anyone who catches the Red Line north of Cermak/Chinatown (which I would say is the vast majority of people who ride the L to the park) nothing is changing for you save for an extra 2 blocks you will need to walk to and fro.
I was just thinking about this the other day. It's going to be really interesting to see what happens next year. I've used that Green Line station almost exclusively since 2004. It is not sized to accommodate the same type of crowds as the Red Line station is. I know how bad the Red Line is after a game with a big crowd, and that's when they have all of the turnstyles open and the express lanes with the handheld card scanners on the right side. That Green Line station only has three or four turnstyles, and the platform isn't as wide. That has potential to get ugly if the CTA doesn't have their **** together.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day. It's going to be really interesting to see what happens next year. I've used that Green Line station almost exclusively since 2004. It is not sized to accommodate the same type of crowds as the Red Line station is. I know how bad the Red Line is after a game with a big crowd, and that's when they have all of the turnstyles open and the express lanes with the handheld card scanners on the right side. That Green Line station only has three or four turnstyles, and the platform isn't as wide. That has potential to get ugly if the CTA doesn't have their **** together.
It will be fine. That was the Red Line stop up until 1991 or 1992.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
It will be fine. That was the Red Line stop up until 1991 or 1992.
Wasn't there a CTA line running down the Ryan though?

I know they switched "Red" & "Green", but did most people just take the Ryan L north and switch over at Lake Street if they wanted to continue north instead of west?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Wasn't there a CTA line running down the Ryan though?

I know they switched "Red" & "Green", but did most people just take the Ryan L north and switch over at Lake Street if they wanted to continue north instead of west?
That was the Green Line. The Red Line trains were just as crowded back then as they are now. Obviously it will be a little more crowded because both Red and Green will be together, but they can rig it to go pretty smoothly if they stage the trains correctly. You probably aren't going to have to sit in a train for 10 minutes after a game waiting for the Guiness Book of World Records to show up to count how many people have been fit into a train car next year.

Plus, there will be a drop in users I'm sure.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Yeah, it is something to worry about, we'll see how the city handles it, but hopefully congestion will be alleviated a bit by having 2 lines running on the South Side Elevated; Red and Green Line trains will operate on the present-day Red Line so there will be 2x as many arrivals at 35th-Bronzeville-IIT.

If not, it's just a small, minor inconvenience to have to deal with to have the Dan Ryan leg of the Red Line completely rebuilt and fixed in just a few months as opposed to dragging on construction over several years. It's really not a big deal.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 PM
WSI Regular

Got my STH bill for 2013. Parking is $18 for weeknights again.

2013 Attendance Record: 1-1