White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 04:42 PM
WSI Guru

How about Dunn for Nate Schierholtz?

Sorry I couldn't help it...

Lip
Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
How about Dunn for Nate Schierholtz?

Sorry I couldn't help it...

Lip
Even up, swapping player and contracts, I think that would be a steal for the White Sox, although they no longer need a rightfielder.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
I would love to see Dunn traded, and expect to be attacked for expressing as much. I think Dunn hitting .300, though, is a more likely future event than Dunn being traded to the Giants. (The Giants, being free of the albatross $10 million Aubrey Huff contract signed in the post-2010 championship euphoria, are not going to deal for Adam Dunn.) Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maytbe tGiants management belives they could have won the NL West and World Series this year if they found more home runs and more strikeouts in their lineup.

The only team I could see Dunn going to would be the Yankees, with their shallow right field and deep pockets. I really wouldn't mind a Dunn-for-Alex Rodrieguez swap if the Yankees made it financially attractive to the White Sox, which is probably unlikely. Rodriguez would probably be better at third than Youkilis was for the White Sox in 2012. Youkilis' production for the White Sox fell off after the All-Star break. He compared well to Hudson, who comared well to Morel, but looking for a third baseman in trade seems a bigger gamble than picking up the Youkilis option.

Your prolly right with respect to giants payroll, I'm not familar with it just speculating based on the giants always wanting to add a bat or three every year (the tried for Soriano this year).

If Youk isn't re-signed I like the idea of Maicer Izturis.I know he isn't the prototype 3b. But I don't think he would be cost prohibitive. He would be an ideal 2 hitter and a switch hitter to boot. I know he lacks power, but are team certaintly doesn't.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
On a sports message board? Shocking. Truly shocking.
Worst. Hyperbole. Ever.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:17 PM
WSI Prelate

The Sox need OBP. Dunn and YOuk give us a lot of that.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
The Sox need OBP. Dunn and YOuk give us a lot of that.
Yeah Dunn's .333 OBP is exactly what this team needs
Old 10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post

Even up, swapping player and contracts, I think that would be a steal for the White Sox, although they no longer need a rightfielder.
Stick him in left and have Viciedo DH.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 PM
WSI Personality

Is Brent Morel done with this organization?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

I for one am shocked he wasn't quoted as saying, "I don't want Youkilis, AJ or Myers back in 2013"

Positively shocked!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Is Brent Morel done with this organization?
Hopefully, he isn't any good.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
This is exactly how I feel, I'm perfectly fine with another summer of AJ and Youk if they're willing to sign some team-friendly deals, if not, thanks for everything and we'll just have to move on. Unless Hahn has figured out a way to talk JR into opening the checkbook even more than his predecessor.
There is no way the Sox are going to consider the Tank at 3B. He is a below average out fielder and would be a poor choice at 3B. I hope the Sox can move Dunn for a 3B or CF maybe a sign and trade with Boston for Ellsbury.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
I don't get the love for Youk. He's fragile, bad defensively,

He's bad defensively? I dont know what your basis is for this statement, but Kevin Youkilis is a good defensive third baseman.

He has finished 7th and 5th respectively the last 2 years in fielding percentage in MLB the past 2 seasons.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
There is no way the Sox are going to consider the Tank at 3B. He is a below average out fielder and would be a poor choice at 3B. I hope the Sox can move Dunn for a 3B or CF maybe a sign and trade with Boston for Ellsbury.
I don't think Tank's a good option at 3B, but let's be real here, at the very least, he's an average corner outfielder and, depending on how much stock you put into some defensive metrics, one of the best LF in the AL last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlaycard View Post

He's bad defensively? I dont know what your basis is for this statement, but Kevin Youkilis is a good defensive third baseman.

He has finished 7th and 5th respectively the last 2 years in fielding percentage in MLB the past 2 seasons.
Fielding percentage is a roundly awful way to look at a player's defensive capabilities. In terms of Youk, all you need is the eye test; he was fine when he first got to Chicago, but as the season dragged on and his knees wore down, he got worse and worse. I can't remember how many times in the last 2 months of the season someone would hit a ball sharply in the area of 3B and Youkilis just kind of helplessly stood there, unable to make any kind move to the ball. Doesn't get charged with an error (and pad that fielding percentage) but a better defensive 3B may have made some play on some of those balls.

Youkilis is only valuable as long as he's healthy and I'm not sure he's going to be able to play the amount of innings and games to justify the kind of contract offer he might get.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 AM
WSI Personality

I think Youk may sign elsewhere if he is offered a 1B position. You have to think if he can find a team he likes that wants him to play first, that may ease some of his injury woes. I don't think he wants to be a DH though so that may not factor in if some team offers him that
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
I think Youk may sign elsewhere if he is offered a 1B position. You have to think if he can find a team he likes that wants him to play first, that may ease some of his injury woes. I don't think he wants to be a DH though so that may not factor in if some team offers him that
I think he's going to sign with the team that offers him the best contract