White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
Comcast SportsNet
No secret about it, WhiteSox want to lock up Kevin Youkilis. Story from @DanHayesCSN. http://cmcst.sn/aabmU2

Hahn plans to continue discussions with Youkilis’ agent, Joe Bick, as well as further explore potential trades.
Youk was so worn down at the end of the season both at the plate and on the field after that huge initial spark when he came over. Risky move.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Youk was so worn down at the end of the season both at the plate and on the field after that huge initial spark when he came over. Risky move.
You have to couple that with moving Dunn, because YOuk needs to play at least half his games at 1B or DH. I'm not sure what it would accomplish other than they like his OBP (Dunn has that) and his presence on the club.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
You have to couple that with moving Dunn, because YOuk needs to play at least half his games at 1B or DH. I'm not sure what it would accomplish other than they like his OBP (Dunn has that) and his presence on the club.
Also means they need someone competent enough to play 3B. I like the presence Youk brings to the club, but I don't get resigning him knowing full well that he needs breaks at 1B and DH over the course of a season, especially with Konerko and Dunn.
2010 ST Attendance Record: 1-0-1
2010 Attendance Record: 10-3
2011 Attendance Record: 4-6
2012 Attendance Record: 2-1
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The question is why was he worn down. He was not playing in Boston because of a "few nagging injuries". So the Red Sox call up Middlebrooks who exploded his first month and Youk got shipped out.

The question now is--- Is Youk healthy or still worn down.

Last edited by SCCWS; 11-10-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
The question is why was he worn down. He was not playing in Boston becuase of a "few nagging injuries". So the Red Sox call up Middlebrooks who exploded his first month and Youk got shipped out.

The question now is--- Is Youk healthy or still worn down.
The theory is playing 3b wears him down. Maybe he gets a little stronger in the offseason and he can be OK.

I think a personal trainer would help him out.

I am sure one of the biggest reasons the Sox want him back is because he will only cost money and not prospects. Even ifthey sign him, he is probably a one or two year answer at best at 3B.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
The theory is playing 3b wears him down. Maybe he gets a little stronger in the offseason and he can be OK.

I am sure one of the biggest reasons the Sox want him back is because he will only cost money and not prospects. Even ifthey sign him, he is probably a one or two year answer at best at 3B.
When he went down early ( 40 games) in Boston, they called it "nagging injuries". Yet you say he "wore down" in Chicago. I think they may be the same. If he wore down after 40 games to start the season, some of which he Dh'd and some at first, then he is not worth the chance. However, if he had some injuries from spring taining and the first month that he never recovered from, then maybe he is worth the chance if he is now fully recovered.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post

I got a theory right here for ya: DON'T SIGN YOUKILIS! HE'S HIGH RISK LOW REWARD!
I'm telling you why,
Santa Claus is dead.
---Smothers Brothers
Aw, Merry Christmas anyway.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

MLBTR mentioned that the Sox have interest in Torii Hunter. Maybe they are willing to sell high on Rios or de Aza.

Even with Hahn, Kenny always gets his man.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
MLBTR mentioned that the Sox have interest in Torii Hunter. Maybe they are willing to sell high on Rios or de Aza.

Ugh, I might have to turn in my fan card if that happens.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Ugh, I might have to turn in my fan card if that happens.
Yeah, that would probably cause Jamie Burke to roll over in his grave.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
WSI High Priest

I think Hunter will command starter money, and I also think there will be better situations for him somewhere else. The Dodgers are also after him. He can play right field, if they sell high on Rios, putting him in left would be a major waste of his abilities.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
WSI Regular

The article about the Dodgers interested in Hunter mentions that they are open to trading Either. I would do Floyd and or Reed for him, which would allow Youk and Konerko time at DH assuming we trade Dunn. Either can play a corner OF spot too I believe. For Dunn go get a back-end starter and or possible closer. I have no interest in Hunter considering he is 38ish and no better than Rios or De Aza.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
The article about the Dodgers interested in Hunter mentions that they are open to trading Either. I would do Floyd and or Reed for him, which would allow Youk and Konerko time at DH assuming we trade Dunn. Either can play a corner OF spot too I believe. For Dunn go get a back-end starter and or possible closer. I have no interest in Hunter considering he is 38ish and no better than Rios or De Aza.
Who would give up a good closer or decent starter for Adam Dunn?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:22 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Who would give up a good closer or decent starter for Adam Dunn?
I still think he has some value. There aren't too many 40 HR 100 RBI players in the game, and yes I know he has negatives too. But I think a back of the rotation guy is certainly not asking too much back for him. Off the top of my head I would say that Oak, SD, NYM could use some left handed power.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:31 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
I still think he has some value. There aren't too many 40 HR 100 RBI players in the game, and yes I know he has negatives too. But I think a back of the rotation guy is certainly not asking too much back for him. Off the top of my head I would say that Oak, SD, NYM could use some left handed power.
Outside of a couple months this season, he has been absolutely awful for 2 years and makes $15 million/season. His value is likely next to nothing right now.
Closed Thread