White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
So the Kids Days and $1 tickets are probably gone. So, if I used to take my daughter and a friend and bought a $40 lower deck ticket it would cost me $42 for all 3 of us. Now, if I want lower deck it will cost me $45 for all three of us. Once again, the Sox are spinning it like it is a great deal but it is actually about the same as the past.

As far as the autographs go, last year 3 of the 5 Kids Day autograph sessions were cancelled due to the heat (May and June) and a slight drizzle in August (even though a bunch of Mariners signed in the drizzle). And, the Fan Appreciation Day autograph session was cancelled because the players did not feel like signing (what I was told at Guest Relations).

Except that it is now better for those of us who don't have kids. You know we do exist.

Anticipated next game: 4/26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoG19 View Post
Except that it is now better for those of us who don't have kids. You know we do exist.
Yeah and now there are $15 and $30 options also. Just because someone isn't interested in those options doesn't mean no one is.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoG19 View Post
I understand that people without kids do exist, but the Sox are billing these days as Family Sundays. Generally, a family means parent(s) with children.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
So the Kids Days and $1 tickets are probably gone. So, if I used to take my daughter and a friend and bought a $40 lower deck ticket it would cost me $42 for all 3 of us. Now, if I want lower deck it will cost me $45 for all three of us. Once again, the Sox are spinning it like it is a great deal but it is actually about the same as the past.

As far as the autographs go, last year 3 of the 5 Kids Day autograph sessions were cancelled due to the heat (May and June) and a slight drizzle in August (even though a bunch of Mariners signed in the drizzle). And, the Fan Appreciation Day autograph session was cancelled because the players did not feel like signing (what I was told at Guest Relations).
No, they are spinning it like it's a great deal because it's a great deal.

I don't disagree that kids' days in the past were pretty good deals as well.

Your case is that it cost you $45 in 2013 vs. $42 last year for 1 adult and 2 kids. Fair enough. Did you drive? Because now you are saving $15 in parking, so your net total is $12 savings.

Even if you didn't drive and you are now paying $3 more than last year's kids days- you have the opportunity to have this value EVERY SUNDAY vs. the 5 kids' days last year. Last year on the 8 other Sundays, your 3 lower deck tickets were costing you $120, not $42.

I often come from out of town on Sunday to go to games. Myself, my wife, my dad, and my 2 kids. Last year, to sit in the lower deck, that was $40 x 3 for adult tickets, $1 x 2 for kids tickets, and $25 parking = $147 (on the Kids' Days- for a regular Sunday game it would be $225.)

This year: $15 x 5 for tickets + $10 parking= $85. That's a difference of $140 off a regular Sunday and $62 off a kids Sunday!

If I wanted to go cheap and sit in the upper deck corners, I can get a family of 5 into the game + parking for $35 total. Plus autographs and the kids get to run the bases.

That is a phenomenal value that is as good as there is anywhere in Major League Baseball.

The White Sox are doing this right, and they deserve nothing but compliments for the revamping of their pricing model.

Last edited by lpneck; 11-16-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Brooks just said on "White Sox Weekly" that announcers will be included in the autograph sessions. Can't wait for Stone to jag kids and send them along their way with a "Well, you're just going to sell it."
Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Brooks just said on "White Sox Weekly" that announcers will be included in the autograph sessions. Can't wait for Stone to jag kids and send them along their way with a "Well, you're just going to sell it."

Stone will personalize everything he signs even a baseball card. Thay way it will only be worth $1 instead of $2.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Stone will personalize everything he signs even a baseball card. Thay way it will only be worth $1 instead of $2.
I don't collect autographs but if I did and my intention wasn't to sell it, I would think something personalized is better than just a signature. The people pissed Stone personalized everything must be trying to make money.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I don't collect autographs but if I did and my intention wasn't to sell it, I would think something personalized is better than just a signature. The people pissed Stone personalized everything must be trying to make money.
I would agree on most things, but if he's signing a baseball card, I don't think you'd want the signature and personalized message to take up 90% of the face of the card.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck View Post
No, they are spinning it like it's a great deal because it's a great deal.

I don't disagree that kids' days in the past were pretty good deals as well.

Your case is that it cost you $45 in 2013 vs. $42 last year for 1 adult and 2 kids. Fair enough. Did you drive? Because now you are saving $15 in parking, so your net total is $12 savings.

Even if you didn't drive and you are now paying $3 more than last year's kids days- you have the opportunity to have this value EVERY SUNDAY vs. the 5 kids' days last year. Last year on the 8 other Sundays, your 3 lower deck tickets were costing you $120, not $42.

I often come from out of town on Sunday to go to games. Myself, my wife, my dad, and my 2 kids. Last year, to sit in the lower deck, that was $40 x 3 for adult tickets, $1 x 2 for kids tickets, and $25 parking = $147 (on the Kids' Days- for a regular Sunday game it would be $225.)

This year: $15 x 5 for tickets + $10 parking= $85. That's a difference of $140 off a regular Sunday and $62 off a kids Sunday!

If I wanted to go cheap and sit in the upper deck corners, I can get a family of 5 into the game + parking for $35 total. Plus autographs and the kids get to run the bases.

That is a phenomenal value that is as good as there is anywhere in Major League Baseball.

The White Sox are doing this right, and they deserve nothing but compliments for the revamping of their pricing model.
*ding ding ding*

Winner winner, chicken dinner...
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Years ago the White Sox use to have Camera Night. You were able to take photos of White Sox players before the game. You were actually able to go on the field where you would take your pictures. It was a nice promotion. I wish they would bring it back.
I asked Brooks this a few years ago because this was my favorite promotion. I believe they said they lost the sponsor (FujiFilm?) for it so they didn't do it anymore.

I understand getting the sponsor $$ but why do they NEED a sponsor for it? All it is is roping off the warning track and having the players walk around.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Try again. I'm not talking about him personalizing. I'm talking about him being uncooperative, signing his name largely over his face and just generally being a pompous jerk. Nobody is shelling out serious money to attend Soxfest for a weekend to make money from a Stone autograph. Even if you wanted to, his autograph isn't really worth anything.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT27 View Post
I asked Brooks this a few years ago because this was my favorite promotion. I believe they said they lost the sponsor (FujiFilm?) for it so they didn't do it anymore.

I understand getting the sponsor $$ but why do they NEED a sponsor for it? All it is is roping off the warning track and having the players walk around.
That's a shame if the Sox don't do photo night. It used to be sponsored by Fuji in St. Louis too, then Creve Coeur Camera picked it up...and it is always a great promo in St. Lou.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
Per the White Sox Twitter Feed:

Family Sundays for 13 games in 2013. $15, $10, and $5 tickets in some areas of the park and $10 parking.

Also bringing back letting kids run the bases and autograph sessions.

Kudos White Sox. Kudos.
For as much complaining we (I) do about the White Sox...they do many good things for their fans
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM
WSI Personality

I just bought a 14-game plan with 12 Sunday games, Opening Day and the Monday Cubs game. Great deal.