White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM
SaltyPretzel SaltyPretzel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Loop
Posts: 2,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai_sox View Post
Even if the Sox wanted to put in a new screen, where would it be? There's no room for it.

Screw it! I want a new stadium!
They took out a billboard in left field for the Fundamentals deck in left field. If they took out the two in center, there would be room. I'm sure they would more than make up the revenue in advertising on a video board that size.

Having a big scoreboard would make the rest of the ballpark seem more intimate also.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:23 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,978
Default

My main complaint about the Comiskey scoreboard is that it shows too many runs for the visitors and not enough for the Sox more times than I would like.

I'm going to email Brooks.
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM
soxnut67 soxnut67 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
My main complaint about the Comiskey scoreboard is that it shows too many runs for the visitors and not enough for the Sox more times than I would like.

I'm going to email Brooks.
cent of thter scoreboards.


i actually emaled Brooks about a year ago on the subject. The Sox cant do anything until at least 75% has better scoreboards,
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 AM
SaltyPretzel SaltyPretzel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Loop
Posts: 2,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut67 View Post
cent of thter scoreboards.


i actually emaled Brooks about a year ago on the subject. The Sox cant do anything until at least 75% has better scoreboards,
With the exception of Oakland, I can't think of a team that has worse.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut67 View Post
cent of thter scoreboards.


i actually emaled Brooks about a year ago on the subject. The Sox cant do anything until at least 75% has better scoreboards,
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 PM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPretzel View Post
They took out a billboard in left field for the Fundamentals deck in left field. If they took out the two in center, there would be room. I'm sure they would more than make up the revenue in advertising on a video board that size.

Having a big scoreboard would make the rest of the ballpark seem more intimate also.
It would be nice if they could give Pepsi and Miller some good enough compensation for those spots that it would make the larger screen possible.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.