White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 AM
WSI Personality

Default $10 Sox BP Hats at WhiteSox.com

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp...86&cp=17418946

The black and gray BP hats the Sox having been using the last three seasons are now on sale on the Sox shop website for $10.

Another note... among all of the newly released Houston Astros gear, there is no BP hat with the new colors or logo.

Bank on having new BP hats this spring. A lot of talk on this board in recent years about how we hate the current ones. Hopefully, New Era listens and actually makes the presumed new ones better... as opposed to going in reverse and making them snap back or something lame like that.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

I have the current BP hats but I never liked it as much as the previous one with the full silver bill.

I hope they can come up with a cool design for the next ones because I'm itching for a new Sox hat as I haven't bought one in a while.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINMVP View Post
Bank on having new BP hats this spring. A lot of talk on this board in recent years about how we hate the current ones. Hopefully, New Era listens and actually makes the presumed new ones better... as opposed to going in reverse and making them snap back or something lame like that.
All teams will have new BP caps this season. That's why the Astros haven't unveiled theirs yet. I don't know what they will look like, but they will undoubtedly be templated crap like the last few.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

The official White Sox store once had a picture of the current BP cap with an all black bill with white piping that I could never find. It only appeared in a banner ad, but when you tried to find it online, the only option was the current black/gray bill BP cap.

I agree it's time for a change. IMO that last two BP caps have been ugly. I hated the ear fenders on the previous cap. My favorite was from a few years ago that had the silver bill. I hope the 2013 BP cap brings that look back.

On a side note, I notice that the SOX don't even wear their BP caps during spring training like many other teams. Ozzie never used to wear anything but the black game day cap.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
On a side note, I notice that the SOX don't even wear their BP caps during spring training like many other teams. Ozzie never used to wear anything but the black game day cap.
They used to wear the BP jerseys and caps for spring training as recently as 2006. That was the silver-brimmed cap and the last button-down jersey without side stripes. When they switched to the side-fin caps and armpit stripes template in 2007, they started wearing the black game jerseys and regular caps for all games, since the jerseys were now Coolbase material, similar to the BP's.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 PM
WSI High Priest

I highly recommend BP caps.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

I LOVE the MLB BP Caps.

I have a huge noggin and they're really the only caps that fit me right without making me look like a huge mushroom-headed freak.

I have several different types and styles of BP caps from all different teams.

With that said, the last couple styles (the "ear fenders" from a couple of seasons ago and the most recent ones with the weird misplaced piping on the bill of the caps and around the MLB logo on the back) weren't as nice as the initial ones that came out (The year the Sox had the ones with the silver bill)

Hopefully MLB wises up and goes back to something more conservative and contemporary for the new BP caps (as long as they use the same material they've been using I'll be happy)

As a sidenote, the $10 BP cap sale only lasts until 11/22 so jump on it now before they sell out or the sale's over.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
WSI Personality

This was the all black Sox BP hat that was originally on the Sox website (in a banner ad).

This obvious would have been the better look. Some teams like the Yankees had two hats (a home and an away). The person in charge that chose the lone hat with the gray sides over the all black really screwed up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black-sox-hat.jpg (37.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by MARTINMVP; 11-16-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Removed a naughty word.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:53 PM
WSI Guru

These were the best ever. I still wear mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0832.jpg (99.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

The best thing about the BP caps is that you can throw them in the washing machine (on delicate cycle) and they won't lose their shape.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINMVP View Post
This was the all black Sox BP hat that was originally on the Sox website (in a banner ad).

This obvious would have been the better look. Some teams like the Yankees had two hats (a home and an away). The person in charge that chose the lone hat with the gray sides over the all black really screwed up.
Yep, this would have been a better choice IMO. The Rays also have 3 different versions of the BP cap. I wish the SOX would have offered more choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
These were the best ever. I still wear mine.
I agree. I would love to see a modernized version of this style with the 39Thirty cap material.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Thanks for the thread, TS. Can't beat a fitted hat for $10.