White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Russel Martin just signed with the Pirates so the Yankees will be looking for a catcher. I think that AJ is a much better fit for the Yankees and Yankee Stadium than for the Dodgers.
I don't know that Russell Martin would have signed with the Pirates if the Yankees really wanted him. And all last season, I thought they would be after Pierzynski in free agency because he looks like he would benefit from playing in Yankee Stadium. All of that is just speculation on my part, of course, but the Yankees are in the market for a regular starting catcher, and I don't believe it's because the Pirates forced them to change their plans. I don't see Francisco Cervelli getting the job. I certainly don't see Chris Stewart becoming the everyday starting catcher for the Yankees.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
Mark Gonzales writes, several end-of-season comments by pitchers indicate they're just as content with Flowers behind the plate.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4911150.story
I heard an interview with him on a podcast though: http://midwaymadness.com/2012/11/mid...ay-episode-38/ and I thought him not really answering the question about Tyler Flowers' bat told you all you need to know about his future as an every day catcher. Hell he even compares him to a life long back up. (You have to fast forward through all the ND/USC stuff, I guess Gonzo is a USC guy?)

Problem for Flowers is this lineup is full of guys like him who cant get on base but have some pop.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 AM
WSI Prelate

Maybe someone can refute me with a spray chart, but AJ seemed to homer to left-center as much as he did to right. (It seemed like more of his singles went to right, and a lot of his doubles were lined down the RF line.) Maybe the Yankees go after him hard, but I think AJ would benefit more from hitting in a lineup with other Yankees mashers, than necessarily from the shallow RF dimensions.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 AM
WSI Personality

AJ should retire in a Sox uniform and maybe eventually manage the team.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Thankfully the Winter Meetings start Monday

While Hahn has kept low-key in the media (a nice change from Kenny's annual "50 cents" speech) I'm sure he as a few things cooking.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
WSI High Priest

I think Rick has been a little too quiet. Something might happen during the winter meetings.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Youk

The Indians have been in consistent contact with the agent for Kevin Youkilis. Francona, based on his success with Boston from 2004 to '11, has opened doors for the Indians when it comes to dealing with agents and free agents. He has been working the recruiting phones.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index...rking_the.html

Dan Hayes
One exec said White Sox & Phillies are the most aggressive in pursuit of third baseman. Here's a look at Sox options. http://bit.ly/SEmqmd
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The Indians have been in consistent contact with the agent for Kevin Youkilis. Francona, based on his success with Boston from 2004 to '11, has opened doors for the Indians when it comes to dealing with agents and free agents. He has been working the recruiting phones.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index...rking_the.html

Dan Hayes
One exec said White Sox & Phillies are the most aggressive in pursuit of third baseman. Here's a look at Sox options. http://bit.ly/SEmqmd
I don't think the Sox are going to be able to resign Youk. Cleveland gives him the option to play 1B and rest up at DH every once in a while.
2010 ST Attendance Record: 1-0-1
2010 Attendance Record: 10-3
2011 Attendance Record: 4-6
2012 Attendance Record: 2-1
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Buster Olney
A very respected agent who is canvassing the catchers' market thinks that eventually, there will be a reunion of A.J. Pierzynski/CWS.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Buster Olney
A very respected agent who is canvassing the catchers' market thinks that eventually, there will be a reunion of A.J. Pierzynski/CWS.
It makes too much sense for AJ to stay. He's seemingly not getting the offers he'd sought, and the Sox need a left-handed bat and catching help.

Although he wouldn't like it, and I wouldn't tell him this before signing him, I would sit AJ against LHP, because Flowers rakes LHP, and it will keep AJ's bat fresher and more productive against RHP.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Did you just see what Cleveland got for Choo?

I'm thinking we should be able to get something for a Rios/Thornton combo...
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
Did you just see what Cleveland got for Choo?

I'm thinking we should be able to get something for a Rios/Thornton combo...

It's frustrating that Cleveland, Kansas City, and Detroit have all seemingly improved this offseason while we've just stood pat. I like the Keppinger deal a lot but I do not think it's enough for us to win the division if we just throw him in with the exact same team as last year.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
It's frustrating that Cleveland, Kansas City, and Detroit have all seemingly improved this offseason while we've just stood pat. I like the Keppinger deal a lot but I do not think it's enough for us to win the division if we just throw him in with the exact same team as last year.
It's also December 12. I'll wait until the offseason is over to judge teams that haven't played yet!
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM
WSI Regular

Ryan Zimmerman, Nats 3rd base. What kind of player package do we need to present to swing a deal for this guy? He is everything we need but a bit high on the DP's. What do we have that the Nationals could use?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Ryan Zimmerman, Nats 3rd base. What kind of player package do we need to present to swing a deal for this guy? He is everything we need but a bit high on the DP's. What do we have that the Nationals could use?
He's the face of their franchise in his prime, he's not going anywhere.