White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM
WSI Personality

I think last year having only around 50% renewal, it was the year to upgrade. I was able to upgrade from sec 159 row 10 to sec 115 row 15 with no problems. I have Natalie as my rep, and she has been nothing short of great for the past 6 seasons to me.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
It makes sense in the short term, but down the road - following an eventual poor season - it makes it a lot easier for all of these same new STHs to cancel knowing they can re-up one or two seasons down the road with similar/the same/better seats. It bothers me because it really alienates the portion of the fan base that has been the most loyal over the years. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to help/assist those members of the fan base, but it seems they'd rather help out newer holders and keep this cycle alive.

It is all predicated on what rep you have. Get a good rep and they will do anything to help you. Get a bad rep and anything short of storming their offices nothing will ever get done.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM
WSI Personality

I use Alexandra as my rep and for the first time I decided to get a 27 ticket plan. I was able to get first row off the field in section 154.I get all the full season ticket benefits and my rep is already holding my seats for a couple other games that didn't come with my plan. It truly does matter which rep you use. She has been great.
It is sad though current full season ticket holders don't get the proper information they should.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard6king6 View Post
I use Alexandra as my rep and for the first time I decided to get a 27 ticket plan. I was able to get first row off the field in section 154.I get all the full season ticket benefits and my rep is already holding my seats for a couple other games that didn't come with my plan. It truly does matter which rep you use. She has been great.
It is sad though current full season ticket holders don't get the proper information they should.
She's been great for me too. I get far more from her on a 14 game plan than I ever did on a season ticket plan with my past reps.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
The other point that has always frustrated me is that there is no fair process for relocation / seat improvement. I have mentionened this to my rep, and in every survey that I have taken etc etc. In the past I would have first year STH's sitting in better locations than me. I was told "that doesn't really happen".

Yes it really, really does.
Try contacting Tom Sheridan. He was my rep way back when I 1st became a ST holder and was awesome. And you are correct, it really does matter who your rep is to whether you get good/bad service. Since Tom, I've had really, really good relationships with the reps, except for one. I went to Tom and got a new rep. I've received free comps on any unused tickets to any game, ability to purchase 1 game tickets to Scout and Jim Beam/Gold Coast seats, ability to buy group tickets without a two game minimum, ect. The reps really have a lot of leeway to help you, but it's up to them. Now maybe I have some "*" next to my account because of the early relationship with Sheridan, but I know other holders that get the same service without my past history.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard6king6 View Post
My son found the good seats through Alexa - she really worked hard to help us where my old rep didn't. I look forward to working with her I think the change will be good
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 AM
WSI High Priest

I'm thinking about becoming a split season ticket holder again. Besides Alexandra, who are the best reps? Anyone have what they would consider a poor rep? I'd like to let them know who I want as my rep.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
I'm thinking about becoming a split season ticket holder again. Besides Alexandra, who are the best reps? Anyone have what they would consider a poor rep? I'd like to let them know who I want as my rep.
I'd put Reynel Penn on the do not call list

2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
I'd put Reynel Penn on the do not call list
That has been my experience also. I don't want to hurts someone's reputation but I would get someone else. He is a nice polite young man but he is very passive and does not get back to you on a timely basis and doesn't take the extra effort to satisfy the customer. I have had season tickets for 20 years. Usually your rep changes very 2-3 years because the reps are entry level positions for kids out of college. I had a few excellent reps over the years -Joe Alfirvich (sp?) comes immediately to mind - most are good and a couple that really don't belong in a sales / customer service position. Recently, I think with the economy being poor, some of these reps have been on the job longer than a few years.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
As someone else mentioned, Natalie is great. I had her and she was helpful beyond the usual. Goofy story but we wanted to relocate from seats that were... a bit tight for my brother and my XXL backsides. For those who don't know it, there is a number on the back of each seat giving the width that range from 18 ( actually that one has no number) up to 23 (mostly in the new cheap corners.) I was all set to meet Natalie one winter afternoon to scout seats in the outfield to renew my 27 game plan. There was a snow storm and I couldn't make it down. Natalie called me back on her cell phone from the outfield and started telling me what available seats had 20+ seats available. She was just that great.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I owned two full season tickets in what last year was called the "premium box seats". Since I had a high row our seat prices were staying the same - not going up or down in price. Still at an average price of $91 per game for two seats I wanted a better location even if it cost a little more. I have asked my rep numerous times about improving the location. After several calls to him I would get the same answer - nothing better available. So I decided that the seats in that location weren't worth the premium prices so I asked about lower reserved outfield seats close to the field and near the aisle - they seemed like a good value at about $20 per set per game. I was told again that there wasn't much available - most of the seats were in rows 8 or higher and in the middle of a row. At the same time, my son called the White Sox about outfield reserved seats and spoke to a rep - she checked over a few days and came up with two aisle seats in the second row from the field. Great seats for $20 per ticket per game

We are taking those second row outfield seats. Why aren't current season ticket holders allowed first choice? Is it just a difference in the quality of the rep's diligence or follow through or do the Sox just take existing STH's for granted. I told my rep I was cancelling my two premium seats because I wasn't satisfied with my high row location. (I didn't mention my son's "find.)

His response was basically "OK, we will settle your account". I am surprised the Sox don't offer more creative solutions or have a Ticket Manager call you before you quit. They just lost over $7300 in ticket revenue not to mention parking concessions, etc. For example, when I recently "fired" Direct TV a few weeks I had to talk to several different people all with suggestions on new plans, benefits, etc. They asked "how can we do better"? The Sox just let me walk away...
I did the same thing with Comcast. I talked to four different people trying to get a better deal, telling each of them that I was leaving. Nobody would do anything. I talked to DirecTV, signed up with them, and called to cancel. Lesson learned: call to cancel first before actually signing up, then they make you the offer. It still wasn't good enough for what I wanted, and I have been very happy with DirecTV. They do send you a lot of junk mail regardless if you are their customer or not.

Comcast must have a pend in their system about me switching though because they finally asked me if I signed a contract. As soon as I said yes, they stopped calling.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
My son found the good seats through Alexa - she really worked hard to help us where my old rep didn't. I look forward to working with her I think the change will be good
I have dealt with her too, she WILL get the job done to get you the seats at the price you need.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Last year I dealt with Night Train Veeck. He was great, but he might only do group sales.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:30 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason82807 View Post
Last year I dealt with Night Train Veeck. He was great, but he might only do group sales.
Yeah he is but I'm sure he can help a little. He was the one who walked us thought the stadium to show us my seating options during the dugout sale a few weeks ago. On a side note it was weird to see the stadium empty and no padding on the walls.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:17 AM
WSI Regular

Thinking of the 27 game plan too and working on it
with Alexa too. She`s been great!