White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Damn shame if all of this is true. Why would AJ not respect Robin, Ventura did a hell of a job with a team that was picked by some to finish last. Before all of this news that we heard today I thought it was time for AJ to move on.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 PM
WSI Prelate

If true - and I am not saying it is - it's probably for the best that AJ left.

I bet that neither AJ nor Robin say anything negative about the other, though, even if asked.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
Rozner and Spiegel. Spiegel mentioned that he got the info from someone "very close to the team" and wanted to share it. Prefaced it with saying how he normally doesn't do something like this, and he's not a guy that has sources or info very often, but felt that this part of the story was important to pass along.
Suspicious old me thinks that this one smells like "someone from the team" decided to leak the information and chose Spiegel as the patsy. Who might the someone be? Let me start the speculation with the name Don Cooper. This is not a decision the Chairman made by himself, but he had to be in the loop, since he saved the bacon the last time AJ was up for a contract and didn't this time.

Oh, well, Bears TE Ditka burned his bridges similarly and eventually came back as Coach Ditka. So we may see AJ again.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

I thought this stuff was pretty obvious. He had on field incidents last year with Dunn, De Aza, Rios and Peavy. Stone mentioned all of them and Hawk glossed over them. MB, Peavy and Contreras had problems with him behind the plate. At times, he reminded me of Bill Laimbeer. I never liked the cheap shots. I never liked the hot dogging. I never liked the bat flips and yelling at pitchers while he rounded the bases. I understand people get into that, but for me, that has no place in baseball. It's not wrestling. It's not football. I'll get off my high horse now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
Suspicious old me thinks that this one smells like "someone from the team" decided to leak the information and chose Spiegel as the patsy. Who might the someone be?
Here's my theory. Has Rozner been filling-in all week, or was today his first day? Everyone should know by now that Rozner gets fed info by Stone. Rozner wanted to break the story on a slow news day, but it would be obvious where it came from, so he let Spiegel run with it from "a source." Spiegel has no more inside information than Terry Boers, which is none.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:45 AM
WSI Personality

Sometimes some Sox fans make me sick to my stomach.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 AM
WSI Church Elder

In the end, I think both AJ and Robin (staff) have too much class to say anything more. Just like any relationship, sometimes it just gets old and people get frustrated.

I'm sure AJ is not the easiest guy to get a long with, however as a fan of the team, I enjoyed watching him play and I appreciate his role in helping the White Sox win the World Series in 2005.

Time for Flowers.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
In the end, I think both AJ and Robin (staff) have too much class to say anything more. Just like any relationship, sometimes it just gets old and people get frustrated.

I'm sure AJ is not the easiest guy to get a long with, however as a fan of the team, I enjoyed watching him play and I appreciate his role in helping the White Sox win the World Series in 2005.

Time for Flowers.
I agree. As a sentimental person, I'm sorry to see AJ leave, as it's the further closing of the '05 team. I'll cheer AJ in his first at bat at The Cell in 2013 but I'm ready to move on.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 PM
WSI High Priest

AJ took out an ad in today's Tribune. I would link a picture but I'm on my phone. It's a nice touch. I for one will miss him. On a team that is full of guys that rarely show any emotion he always displayed his true feelings.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
AJ took out an ad in today's Tribune. I would link a picture but I'm on my phone. It's a nice touch. I for one will miss him. On a team that is full of guys that rarely show any emotion he always displayed his true feelings.

2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Nice gesture by AJ but he never became a real Chicagoan because he used the term chi-town.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Class act by AJ, have any other Chicago Sport personalities taken out ads like this? Can't remember any.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Class act by AJ, have any other Chicago Sport personalities taken out ads like this? Can't remember any.
Pretty sure Wood and/or Dempster did this season.

Did Buehrle?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
Rozner and Spiegel. Spiegel mentioned that he got the info from someone "very close to the team" and wanted to share it. Prefaced it with saying how he normally doesn't do something like this, and he's not a guy that has sources or info very often, but felt that this part of the story was important to pass along.

Mentioned several specific things too:
- Early in the season Robin wanted to allow young players to have their girlfriends on the team charter and AJ was furious over it and would tell anyone who would listen.
- Mentioned that AJ felt like the veterans should get special treatment, while Robin was trying to treat all the same.
- Talked about how Coop and Parent both disliked AJ and didn't want to even talk with him at times.
- Suggested that AJ's nickname throughout the clubhouse was "Satan".
- Said pitchers didn't want to throw to AJ.

There may have been other things he mentioned and some of these may not be summarized up exactly as they were said, but this is the gist of what they were saying. I mean, take it all for what it's worth, but Spiegel generally isn't the type to throw things out there like this (a la Bernstein). Rozner also backed him up on several of the things he was saying and added to several of the stories.
But hey, it worked out for the Beatles!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
WSI Personality

Default Ads

I know its hard to believe but when Albert Belle left the White Sox, he took out an ad thanking White Sox fans.