White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Red Barchetta Red Barchetta is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
I remember thinking the same thing.

Me too! Even then, I wondered why they didn't bring back the black/red trim SOX uniforms from the 50s Go Go Sox era and I wasn't even alive then.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
chicagowhitesox1 chicagowhitesox1 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora Illinois
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
Me too! Even then, I wondered why they didn't bring back the black/red trim SOX uniforms from the 50s Go Go Sox era and I wasn't even alive then.
I was just looking at those uniforms from the 50's and I never really noticed the red trim. I think that would look good even on the uniforms they have now.

I think it's kinda cool that Harold Baines played in 4 different uniforms for the Sox. Although I think Luke Appling played in 5 different ones though.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
chicagowhitesox1 chicagowhitesox1 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora Illinois
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I have this same brochure somewhere in my collection I could scan it and post it if it helps. The Sox also had a variety of uni protoypes on display in 1976 when Bill Veeck tookover the team, I dont remember if it was a fan contest or how they are selected. I have one of the prototypes jerseys that was not selected - it was similar to the Veeck style softball jerseys with a collar but if had a big number on the chest - its interesting but i am glad they didnt select that style. I can post a photo of it if interested.

Is there any pictures of the protype from 1976 that Palehose was talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
LongLiveFisk LongLiveFisk is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Burbank, IL
Posts: 11,384
Default

I'd like to see how their uniforms of today would have fared against the others in that selection process had it been one of the choices (this is just hypothetical). I'd like to think they would have won by a landslide, but you never know....
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic1750_2.gif
Sig courtesy of asboog.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Red Barchetta Red Barchetta is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveFisk View Post
I'd like to see how their uniforms of today would have fared against the others in that selection process had it been one of the choices (this is just hypothetical). I'd like to think they would have won by a landslide, but you never know....
I remember when the story broke about the SOX rolling out new uniforms for the opening of New Comiskey Park, I immediately thought "here we go again". To me, the late 80s red/blue "White Sox" script uniforms were OK and a definite improvement over the previous two sets of uniforms, but after seeing the photo of (then) manager Jeff Torborg, Carlton Fisk and Ozzie Guillen modeling the new (current) silver/black uniforms, I was blown away and immediately thought that they finally got it right! I then bought the new black/white cap as soon as it came out!


Last edited by Red Barchetta; 01-07-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
LongLiveFisk LongLiveFisk is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Burbank, IL
Posts: 11,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
I remember when the story broke about the SOX rolling out new uniforms for the opening of New Comiskey Park, I immediately thought "here we go again". To me, the late 80s red/blue "White Sox" script uniforms were OK and a definite improvement over the previous two sets of uniforms, but after seeing the photo of (then) manager Jeff Torborg, Carlton Fisk and Ozzie Guillen modeling the new (current) silver/black uniforms, I was blown away and immediately thought that they finally got it right! I then bought the new black/white cap as soon as it came out!

Totally agree and then said to myself, "They must never, EVER change this uniform again."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.