White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenk16 View Post
He was very pleasant and even asked me if Fisk was there.
Clearly Goose has been keeping up with Sox current events for the past 20 years.

There's a better chance Drysdale shows up at Soxfest before Fisk does.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxThunder View Post
Here's a few other tidbits I remember from being at SoxFest all weekend:

• Aaron Rowand was "devastated" when he was traded to the Phillies and said that both he and Kenny Williams cried when it happened. He said the White Sox were the team he came up with and they still feel like "family".
  • For a 7 pm game, most players arrive at the ballpark around 1:30. Konerko usually arrives before anyone else to get extra work in, and his teammates have a lot of respect for him
  • Thornton "knows his body" and likes to do a lot of off-season conditioning (mostly core, legs, and long toss)
  • Nate Jones is a Kentucky boy and self-described hick and Hahn/Ventura said he will be considered for the closer's role
  • Hahn and Stone discussed how a pitcher is evaluated to determine if he'd be a better starter or reliever. They have some charting technology that shows if a pitcher still has a lot of movement late in the game. If yes, they push to make him a starter. If no (ie - there's a drastic drop in pitch movement after a couple innings), they push to make him a reliever.
  • Kittle made fun of Fisk's DUI and said they should make a "middle of the cornfield bobblehead"
  • Paciorek does a pretty good Vin Scully impression
  • Joe Crede hasn't been missing any meals
  • Rowand said his favorite Joe Crede story is when he had to take a crap in the clubhouse bathroom and was late coming back onto the field. The umpire almost made them put in a replacement fielder, but Joe finally came running out of the dugout fastening his belt.
  • Rowand said Jermaine Dye was the "whitest black guy ever"
  • Dye said he'd share his World Series MVP car with Crede, but Joe laughed that he's never seen it
  • Ed Farmer is the weirdest and most awkward interviewer ever (it's even worse than his broadcasting)
Anyone have an updated Crede Pic? I keep hearing he hasn't missed many meals but think a pic would justify this.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

The flu knocked me down for almost two weeks forcing me to miss SoxFest. I am still very upset about this.

I did enjoy reading the stories/reports from those of you who attended SoxFest. This mild weather (60 degrees forecast for Chicago today) has me dreaming about Opening Day. I am so ready for the start of White Sox baseball!
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Clearly Goose has been keeping up with Sox current events for the past 20 years.

There's a better chance Drysdale shows up at Soxfest before Fisk does.

I agree. Since he seemed like such a nice guy I figured I would keep my witty response to myself! I think I read somewhere on here that Kittle cracked a joke about Fisk's DUI at Soxfest. Not sure how everyone else feels, but I'm sure I could come up with a million cracks about Kittle as well...strange dude.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Anyone have an updated Crede Pic? I keep hearing he hasn't missed many meals but think a pic would justify this.
I have one from this year's opening ceremony and one of me & him from last year's SoxFest, both of which I'll post later tonight when I'm on my laptop.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned

This thread has really made me miss Sox Fest and I definitely would want to go next year.

I love how Jermaine Dye, Aaron Roward and Joe Crede hold that 2005 team similar to the way the fans did.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
I have one from this year's opening ceremony and one of me & him from last year's SoxFest, both of which I'll post later tonight when I'm on my laptop.
The picture on the left is of Crede from this year's SoxFest; the one on the right is of me & Joe at last year's fest. I'm not sure why the vertical picture isn't appearing as such, so I apologize for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (95.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 040.jpg (97.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenk16 View Post
I agree. Since he seemed like such a nice guy I figured I would keep my witty response to myself! I think I read somewhere on here that Kittle cracked a joke about Fisk's DUI at Soxfest. Not sure how everyone else feels, but I'm sure I could come up with a million cracks about Kittle as well...strange dude.
Kittle asked if anyone had heard about Fisk's new bobblehead in the middle of a cornfield. Then they all joined in and Wimpy said "we didn't even know he liked vodka". The way Kittle was talking about other stuff, he seems to be the guy who says stuff that he shouldn't but means no harm.

Heck I saw a guy standing next to the Fisk racer and making the drinking sign. Took a pic and everything. Have a feeling that will be going on the whole season. Especially when the racer loses, because he was drunk. Ha.