White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM
WSI Personality

Default What's it going to take to make Sox a consistent playoff team?

This is a question I have often thought of and really have no answer for. It's not like they sit on their hands and don't make a move when they are in contention every year, but the results are always the same, somewhere a little above or below .500 most years recently. Even in 05, they couldn't break out and make the playoffs in 06. I've heard theories about lack of prospects killing team depth late in the season when it is needed and all, but I really have no answer. The main goal of any baseball team should be to make the playoffs on a consistent basis. If you do that, you will win the series eventually in most cases. The Giants, not all that impressive on paper compared to a lot of teams, now have 2 titles in 3 years. The Cardinals are always in the playoffs and have won 2 titles, etc. Interested in what others think, since a lot of you ,I know, are probably smarter about this than I am. I want to see another series before I die.