White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Seeing the roster as it sits now, we are banking on these two. Bell may be competiton but he has little chance of making the OD roster.

And according to your synopsis, we have problems.
This team should resemble the 2012 team; as long as the everyday starting 9 are healthy and playing well, they will be, at the very least, mildly competitive and probably in the race for a postseason berth, but as soon as they need to start tapping bench players or (god forbid) the minor leagues for some help, we're going to struggle.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Little blurb today on WhiteSox.com about Keppinger and his working on his throws from 3B. I don't know what kind off arm he has on long throws from the hot corner. Would not surprise me if Beckham struggles again with the bat out of the gate that he is traded and Keppinger moves to 2nd with a platoon of Morel and Gillaspie at 3B. Personally I'm pulling hard for Gordo to have a breakout season plus his fielding would be hard to replace.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
At least we didn't give up much for this failed prospect.
Better than trading Edwin Jackson, Carlos Quentin and Santos for declining prospects.
couldn't agree more. this guy clearly sucks - failure is the perfect description. he's given a chance with the Sox and doesn't even have a ****ing hit so far this spring. cut him now, stop the bleeding and let's see if Wise can play 3rd
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Little blurb today on WhiteSox.com about Keppinger and his working on his throws from 3B. I don't know what kind off arm he has on long throws from the hot corner. Would not surprise me if Beckham struggles again with the bat out of the gate that he is traded and Keppinger moves to 2nd with a platoon of Morel and Gillaspie at 3B. Personally I'm pulling hard for Gordo to have a breakout season plus his fielding would be hard to replace.
We let's see if Gillaspie can win the job first. Guy comes with top side talent, and he's hit at the minor league level.

I like the idea of Kepp at 2B and keeping Beckham as a super-utility guy. His biggest asset isn't his stick (which is below average to slightly below average everywhere he can play). His biggest asset is he plays above average defense no matter where you put him. Sign me up for that. After he's out of here, that's probably his career anyway.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Morel and Gillaspie both seem like AAAA players to me. I don't want either of them starting.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Morel and Gillaspie both seem like AAAA players to me. I don't want either of them starting.
Gillaspie was rushed ridiculously by the Giants. He played something like 24 minor league games before his first call up. He's bounced up and down the minors since while getting almost no playing time (like 270 plate appearances). Yeah, he's hit well in the minors, but that's not really a AAAA player, that's a guy that hasn't really been given a fair shake. Dude's a former first round pick to boot. Let's give him a shot. This could be one of those key moves that changes everything.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesinrk View Post
couldn't agree more. this guy clearly sucks - failure is the perfect description. he's given a chance with the Sox and doesn't even have a ****ing hit so far this spring. cut him now, stop the bleeding and let's see if Wise can play 3rd
Just quoting someone else's description as failed. I hope he does well. We don't have anything close to an average ML bat on the bench, so there's plenty of opportunity.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

who is this Loman character?

Sox attendence record
5-3 (from St. Louis)

Next game: TBD
Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Banned

Gilaspie went 2-4 with 4 RBIs today.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurt3515 View Post
27-year-old career minor leaguer whose spent most of the last 2 seasons in Birmingham
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurt3515 View Post
The very definition of "organizational depth."

Of course, so is Dewayne Wise, so you never know with this organization.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
The very definition of "organizational depth."

Of course, so is Dewayne Wise, so you never know with this organization.
Eh, Loman's been pretty well relegated to AA so I don't think there's any chance anyone will be falling in love with him save for an occasional fan who sees his .333/.400/1.000 line through 4 games in Spring Training and thinks we've found our 1B of the future
Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Eh, Loman's been pretty well relegated to AA so I don't think there's any chance anyone will be falling in love with him save for an occasional fan who sees his .333/.400/1.000 line through 4 games in Spring Training and thinks we've found our 1B of the future
I'm very excited about those people showing up a little further into the spring!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
I'm very excited about those people showing up a little further into the spring!
Careful, some of them might work in the White Sox front office.

Go Sox!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

I really don't understand the negativity around this kid. I see a former 1st round draft pick who was rushed ridiculously and then blocked by Sandoval. His minor league statistics are legit and he has not yet received a fair shot in the majors. Give him some time, see what he can do. He is a better option than we currently have so let's hope he hits.