White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM
WSI High Priest

It's a puff piece talking about two very highly regarded prospects that any team would love to have within their organization. What's the big deal? Am I missing something?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
WSI Prelate

The Cubs are also considering changing their uniform and allegedly, adding a jumbo-tron to Wrigley.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/0...d-a-jumbotron/

Go Sox!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
I totally agree. I like to laugh at the Cubs as much as anyone, but at least they are working on shoring up their organization. I'm in no way predicting that Theo will succeed, but at least they're doing something. The Sox seem to have settled in to a recipe for mediocrity.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cubs make the playoffs before the Sox.
I agree with you that the Cubs at least have a plan. But if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be sick of hearing this "Hope Springs Eternal" stuff. It has been almost 70 years since the Cubs have appeared in a World Series, and there is no way that Theo can put a happy face on that. All of us Chicago fans have heard about rebuiliding efforts and how many have failed? This one can fail, too.

But you may be right about the Cubs succeeding before the Sox do. This organization has shown a complete lack of direction during the past few years.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioheadRocks View Post
Everyone said the same thing when the Tribune Company, Dallas Green, Jim Frey, Larry Himes, Ed Lynch, Andy McPhail and Jim Hendry took over the front office. Meanwhile the parade goes on...
The parade of ineptitude has gone on, I'll grant you that. However the combination of Tribune ownership and the yuppification of Lake View and surrounding communities has resulted in a Chicago area that tilts decidedly towards the Cubs, when pre Reinsdorf allegiances were much closer to 50/50. Believe it or not for almost two decades it was a Sox town. So if, and it's a very big if, Theo and Co are able to reverse decades of failure it will not bode well for the Sox. I agree with Dan H. The Sox organization has appeared to be directionless in recent years. Hopefully Hahn brings his A+ game because his A game might not be good enough.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
It's a puff piece talking about two very highly regarded prospects that any team would love to have within their organization. What's the big deal? Am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
I agree with you that the Cubs at least have a plan. But if I were a Cubs fan, I'd be sick of hearing this "Hope Springs Eternal" stuff. It has been almost 70 years since the Cubs have appeared in a World Series, and there is no way that Theo can put a happy face on that. All of us Chicago fans have heard about rebuiliding efforts and how many have failed? This one can fail, too.

But you may be right about the Cubs succeeding before the Sox do. This organization has shown a complete lack of direction during the past few years.
I agree Dan. But in response to "DirtySox" I think if these same prospects were in the Sox organization and at this very early part of their careers and when basically nothing had been done in ST at that point, posters here would have said the same thing I said.

I'm not ripping the Cubbies prospects. I'm not ripping their hope in them. But it sure was premature to proclaim that they are living up to their hype. When they tear up the minors for a couple years, then yes I'd agree with Dale Phlegm.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
I agree Dan. But in response to "DirtySox" I think if these same prospects were in the Sox organization and at this very early part of their careers and when basically nothing had been done in ST at that point, posters here would have said the same thing I said.

I'm not ripping the Cubbies prospects. I'm not ripping their hope in them. But it sure was premature to proclaim that they are living up to their hype. When they tear up the minors for a couple years, then yes I'd agree with Dale Phlegm.
Your stupid nicknames for them don't really help your case.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
Your stupid nicknames for them don't really help your case.
Enter The Cubbie Defenders! Here in the name of fairness and treating the Cubbies with respect and honor!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Enter The Cubbie Defenders! Here in the name of fairness and treating the Cubbies with respect and honor!
Yes. Because thinking stupid nicknames are stupid totally means I love the Cubs with all my heart.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
Yes. Because thinking stupid nicknames are stupid totally means I love the Cubs with all my heart.
Never said nor implied that you "... love the Cubbies with all your heart." I can't read your heart. I have read your frequent posts here where you reflexively post comments slamming those who dare to mock the Cubbies.

Quote:

What's The Score? (3 Viewing)
Pale Hose conspiracies, runaway rumors and lots of Lovable Loser laments. Check your brain at the door, and "Hey dude, what's the score?"
Who'd think Sox fans would post comments slamming, mocking and using silly names about the Cubbies in a discussion area with a picture of Sammy and Barney on the headline AND a silly name for the Cubbies AND their Sacred ballpark?

If "stupid nicknames are stupid" offend you so much, why do you patrol WTS?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Enough, both of you.

All hail The Rick