White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
WSI Prelate

Got mine yesterday - so excited to hand them over to the other two people in my ST group who will each take 40 or 41 games, and buy my tickets on Stub Hub. Hey, you can't say I'm not supporting the Sox - I'm still a ST holder!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Attached

Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Attached
Nice. I didn't realize that STH could use Lot G--that's the best parking lot there is, in my opinion. Easy to get to if you're coming from the West, easy to get out, and right next to 35th Street Red Hots (though my gluten-free diet can't exactly handle that anymore... ) It's strange that the green passes only get you to Lots F and L (?) when G is in a much better location...for me, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Got mine yesterday - so excited to hand them over to the other two people in my ST group who will each take 40 or 41 games, and buy my tickets on Stub Hub. Hey, you can't say I'm not supporting the Sox - I'm still a ST holder!
You're really not using any of your season tickets? Where are they?

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 03-13-2013, 11:22 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
You're really not using any of your season tickets? Where are they?
145, Row 21.

Yeah, last year was the first year I decided to take none, because I got so screwed on having to eat so many of my 27 games the year prior. I still went to 15 last year, all lower deck, and paid so much less on Stub Hub it was ridiculous.

But if you want a piece, I'd happily let them know.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
145, Row 21.

Yeah, last year was the first year I decided to take none, because I got so screwed on having to eat so many of my 27 games the year prior. I still went to 15 last year, all lower deck, and paid so much less on Stub Hub it was ridiculous.

But if you want a piece, I'd happily let them know.
In the future, perhaps. Thanks for the offer. Assuming I keep my steady job/income part of me would like to get at least a partial plan sometime in the next decade, but I struggle with the same thing--it seems so much cheaper to do it on StubHub. I can see how the convenience of being in the same seats and the sense of belonging to an exclusive club can be an appeal, but in this market it doesn't seem like that great of an investment.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
In the future, perhaps. Thanks for the offer. Assuming I keep my steady job/income part of me would like to get at least a partial plan sometime in the next decade, but I struggle with the same thing--it seems so much cheaper to do it on StubHub. I can see how the convenience of being in the same seats and the sense of belonging to an exclusive club can be an appeal, but in this market it doesn't seem like that great of an investment.
It's not, and the great thing is my name stays on the account, technically making me the actual ST holder from the Sox' eyes, and I can get back in whenever I want.

Also, I'm not even sacrificing playoff tickets, since ST holders get the presale option.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM
WSI Personality

No tickets again today . Have any other 27 game holders received theirs yet? Getting a little worried now because in previous years I usually get mine on the first or second day that other STH get theirs.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan21 View Post
No tickets again today . Have any other 27 game holders received theirs yet? Getting a little worried now because in previous years I usually get mine on the first or second day that other STH get theirs.
I too have not received my 27 game ticket package yet.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
WSI Regular

Same here. No 27 game ticket package received yet..
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM
WSI Regular

I received my tickets Monday and was ripping and sorting them all last night.

I have a 4 seat full season ticket plan that I have been splitting with a few other guys for many years. Opening day is purchased by me (as the plan owner / coordinator) and the other 80 games are drafted over five rounds with the draft order reversing each round. Its always a lot fun.

The selection process should be more interesting this year. In the past the first ten picks were so predictable - Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees tickets always went first. It should be different this year as the Sox assigned 9 different price points to the platinum box seats. The Cubs tickets are now $110 each so I would not be surprised if they last a while. Some weekday games are as low as $42 per ticket. The Red Sox and the Yankees aren't what they used to be and their games are all on weekdays. And the Sox schedule doesn't have any "marquis" summer weekend series against higher interest teams like the Cards, Giants, Nats or Brewers etc. Our interleague games are the Marlins and the Mets...yuck. Not really an exciting schedule this year.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I received my tickets Monday and was ripping and sorting them all last night.

I have a 4 seat full season ticket plan that I have been splitting with a few other guys for many years. Opening day is purchased by me (as the plan owner / coordinator) and the other 80 games are drafted over five rounds with the draft order reversing each round. Its always a lot fun.

The selection process should be more interesting this year. In the past the first ten picks were so predictable - Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees tickets always went first. It should be different this year as the Sox assigned 9 different price points to the platinum box seats. The Cubs tickets are now $110 each so I would not be surprised if they last a while. Some weekday games are as low as $42 per ticket. The Red Sox and the Yankees aren't what they used to be and their games are all on weekdays. And the Sox schedule doesn't have any "marquis" summer weekend series against higher interest teams like the Cards, Giants, Nats or Brewers etc. Our interleague games are the Marlins and the Mets...yuck. Not really an exciting schedule this year.
And the Braves. Not a bad draw.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post

This could be the first year that season ticket holders lose money when reselling the cubs games. At least there are only two games. The only game that will definetly sell for a premium is opening day and maybe Elvis Night since it is AJ's return to the Southside. The Marlins series would have made for some interesting games but we all know what happened with that team. The other wacky thing about this season is that there are only two Saturday night fireworks scheduled including one in the middle of September.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:19 PM
WSI Personality

No tickets again today. Spoke to my rep, Natalie, who told me that everyone should have their tickets by Monday, and if you do not have you tickets by Monday to give your rep a call.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan21 View Post
No tickets again today. Spoke to my rep, Natalie, who told me that everyone should have their tickets by Monday, and if you do not have you tickets by Monday to give your rep a call.
No tickets for me either
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassSox View Post
No tickets for me either
None again today...