White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM
MMXXIII

Default Rosemont Cubs?

I mean, obviously not, but the Mayor of Rosemont makes his pitch anyway...

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/kapma...akes-his-pitch

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
WSI Guru

The link takes me nowhere. I even went back to the CSN Chicago main site, clicked back on it, and still nothing. I guess it's not surprising Kaplan is of no substance...
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
The link takes me nowhere. I even went back to the CSN Chicago main site, clicked back on it, and still nothing. I guess it's not surprising Kaplan is of no substance...
That's weird, the link is still up on CSN Chicago's Facebook page, too, but it's dead, as well. Yeah, you can imagine what a boneheaded piece of garbage it was.

EDIT - Link's back up and working again. Looks like, according to the Google Map image, the parcel of land is on Balmoral just west of 294, AND LOOKEY HERE, if you check out that area on Google Maps there's a baseball icon labeled "Rosemont Field..."

Last edited by doublem23; 03-18-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
That's weird, the link is still up on CSN Chicago's Facebook page, too, but it's dead, as well. Yeah, you can imagine what a boneheaded piece of garbage it was.

EDIT - Link's back up and working again. Looks like, according to the Google Map image, the parcel of land is on Balmoral just west of 294, AND LOOKEY HERE, if you check out that area on Google Maps there's a baseball icon labeled "Rosemont Field..."

I believe "Rosemont Field" is where the Chicago Bandits play. I drive by it everyday.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFann View Post
I believe "Rosemont Field" is where the Chicago Bandits play. I drive by it everyday.
What Doub is talking about appears to be an empty field just a couple hundred yards south of where the Bandits play.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:26 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
What Doub is talking about appears to be an empty field just a couple hundred yards south of where the Bandits play.
There's a marker named Rosemont Field on both the Bandit's home stadium and the empty field to the south.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
There's a marker named Rosemont Field on both the Bandit's home stadium and the empty field to the south.
I didn't notice that it appeared twice. In that case, I'm guessing the one to the south is just marked in the wrong place.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:32 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
I didn't notice that it appeared twice. In that case, I'm guessing the one to the south is just marked in the wrong place.
But isn't it so much more interesting this way?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:10 PM
WSI High Priest

It would be in the Cubs best interest to have some leverage against whatever city council or whatever they have to face. It's quite dumb they are the only team that can't play so many night games, etc. And, I don't even give too ****s about the Cubs, but I still find it amusing.

If the residents are so worried about them, Wrigley Field has only been there 100 years. I've lived by the Pacific West train line my whole life. Hell, every time I move, I move even closer to the tracks. Should I complain the trains are too noisy?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662 View Post
It would be in the Cubs best interest to have some leverage against whatever city council or whatever they have to face. It's quite dumb they are the only team that can't play so many night games, etc. And, I don't even give too ****s about the Cubs, but I still find it amusing.

If the residents are so worried about them, Wrigley Field has only been there 100 years. I've lived by the Pacific West train line my whole life. Hell, every time I move, I move even closer to the tracks. Should I complain the trains are too noisy?
And Dave Kaplan is making darn sure that he gins up this story to get the Cubs some leverage. The real story is whether the Cubs sent their favorite lap dog out to get this "exclusive" story. On his new show tonight Kaplan trumpeted this story, and to his credit Rick Morrissey sheepishly asked about him how this sorry came about. Kaplan said that he "heard some rumors."
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 PM
WSI Personality

Default Rosemont

If the bad guys on the Northside don't take the Rosemont offer, perhaps Rosemont will make the offer to the White Sox when their present lease expires after the 2026 season. I would be surprised if the White Sox renew the lease at the Cell. I figure in another 10 years (2023) the White Sox will start looking around for a new stadium in the Chicagoland area. All of the White Sox attendance problems stem from the fact that the White Sox fan base and potential fan base is no longer on the Southside of Chicago. Years ago most of the White Sox attendance came from the neighborhoods of the Southside of Chicago. That's simply not the case anymore. When you consider the fact that most of the White Sox attendance comes from different parts of the Chicagoland area, I think its amazing they draw as well as they do. If you draw 2 million people a year at the Cell and the majority of the fans are coming from somewhere besides the Southside of Chicago, I think basically you've drawn quite well.

Last edited by Golden Sox; 03-18-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
If the bad guys on the Northside don't take the Rosemont offer, perhaps Rosemont will make the offer to the White Sox when their present lease expires after the 2026 season. I would be surprised if the White Sox renew the lease at the Cell. I figure in another 10 years (2023) the White Sox will start looking around for a new stadium in the Chicagoland area.
Not a chance. No team in baseball has been in their neighborhood longer than the White Sox. A move to the suburbs would be a disaster at this point.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Not a chance. No team in baseball has been in their neighborhood longer than the White Sox. A move to the suburbs would be a disaster at this point.
Agreed. The South Side/Bridgepport area is part of the White Sox culture. They won't risk messing that up.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
WSI Regular

Kaplan's "breaking news" is the lamest attempt at leverage since Mike McCaskey held a press conference in Gary, IN.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
And Dave Kaplan is making darn sure that he gins up this story to get the Cubs some leverage. The real story is whether the Cubs sent their favorite lap dog out to get this "exclusive" story. On his new show tonight Kaplan trumpeted this story, and to his credit Rick Morrissey sheepishly asked about him how this sorry came about. Kaplan said that he "heard some rumors."
Honestly, this would be the worst PR disaster and most boneheaded financial move in professional sports history if the Cubs were to move from their storybook ballpark in the heart of the City to some vacant lot out in Rosemont next to the Tollway. As a Sox fan, I'm on my knees praying that this is true and that the City of Chicago tells Ricketts to kiss ass and move.

From a logistical standpoint, this new site wouldn't be COMPLETELY removed from public transportation (looks like there's a Metra line there), but for all practical purposes, they might as well relocate to Rockford. The neighborhood around this site would be more barren than USCF.

Can't believe this is "real" leverage, and I hope the City doesn't take these clowns seriously, and on the same front I hope the Ricketts are 100% serious. Hilarious concept.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375