White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
MMXXIII

Default TripAdvisor.com's Top 10 Ballparks

http://www.tripadvisor.com/PressCent..._Releases.html
  1. PNC Park, Pittsburgh
  2. AT&T Park, San Francisco
  3. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore
  4. Fenway Park, Boston
  5. Busch Stadium, St. Louis
  6. Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
  7. Petco Park, San Diego
  8. Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City
  9. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Arlington, TX
  10. Wrigley Field, Chicago

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Baseball park ratings made by tourists? No thanks.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
WSI High Priest

I wonder what those rankings are based on. Jacobs Field (or whatever they are calling it today) in Cleveland and Coors Field are both nicer than at least half the parks on that list, even from a tourist standpoint.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
I wonder what those rankings are based on. Jacobs Field (or whatever they are calling it today) in Cleveland and Coors Field are both nicer than at least half the parks on that list, even from a tourist standpoint.
Out of those 10, I have been only to AT&T, Camden Yards, and Wrigley. Coors was okay, I think of it and Turner Field as nearly identical parks in terms of their design (though Turner doesn't have a Rockpile), and Nats Park is also quite similar.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Of course, the expectations from the publicity a ballpark gets has a lot to do with such rankings because people who want to see ballparks for the sake of seeing ballparks are going to go to the ones that are hyped. They will be appreciating aspects that they wouldn't appreciate if there weren't the hype pointing them out. In mary cases, people overlook what you want in a ballpark if you go there to enjoy a baseball game.

AT&T is a great place to watch a baseball game, though.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
I thought Jacobs was pretty blah. PNC is the best park I've been to.

Big Frank in the Hall? "No doubt about it."

2009 WSI Roto 1 Keeper League Champ
2009 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-up (Reg. Season Champ)
2010 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Champ
2010 WSI H2H 2 Keeper League Champ
2011 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-up
2012 WSI Roto 2 Keeper League Runner-up
Old 03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Baseball park ratings made by tourists? No thanks.
Actually, probably the more accurate. There are a lot of baseball fans, not tourists, who do the summer circuit seeing as many parks as possible. I think their opinions are more accurate than a person who has only been to Wrigley and the Cell. At one time I had been to 10 different parks and felt I could rate those 10. Unless you have been to many venues, your opinion will be limited. I have heard Red Sox fans complain about $40 parking. I have heard Rays fans complain when their parking went from Free to $10. Opinions from the home team fan can end up like All Star ballots, the teams that draw will get the most votes.

If Pittsburgh got the highest rating, we know it is not skewed based on their fan vote.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
WSI Personality

I still just don't get the attraction of Camden Yards. The interior is in essence the Cell only with a nice outfield area. Otherwise the park is just like any other park located in a part of town that is slowly going to ****.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
WSI Prelate

It amazes me that the two biggest ****holes in all of sports consistently make these lists.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marqhead View Post
I thought Jacobs was pretty blah. PNC is the best park I've been to.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I still just don't get the attraction of Camden Yards. The interior is in essence the Cell only with a nice outfield area. Otherwise the park is just like any other park located in a part of town that is slowly going to ****.
Before Camden Yards, the area nearby was going to ****. I have only been once and enjoyed it. However, when talking to baseball fans, it is often at the top of their list. I think the wharf area combined w a nice baseball park adds to the experience. But I agree, the park seems average compared to the new ones. However, I saw a TV show that said every new stadium built in the last 20 years has consulted w and taken ideas from the Camden Yards people.
They often get large contingents of Red Sox fans, especially for weekend series. It is an alternative to paying a premium for Red Sox tics. Soutwest offers cheap flights from Boston to Baltimore. Oriole tics cost about 1/2 Red Sox tics.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Before Camden Yards, the area nearby was going to ****. I have only been once and enjoyed it. However, when talking to baseball fans, it is often at the top of their list. I think the wharf area combined w a nice baseball park adds to the experience. But I agree, the park seems average compared to the new ones. However, I saw a TV show that said every new stadium built in the last 20 years has consulted w and taken ideas from the Camden Yards people.
They often get large contingents of Red Sox fans, especially for weekend series. It is an alternative to paying a premium for Red Sox tics. Soutwest offers cheap flights from Boston to Baltimore. Oriole tics cost about 1/2 Red Sox tics.
The inner harbor is slowly going to **** over the past few years too.

I just don't understand the appeal anymore than any other ballpark that happens to be in the city. It isn't that I don't like it, it just seems meh, like the Cell.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
The inner harbor is slowly going to **** over the past few years too.

I just don't understand the appeal anymore than any other ballpark that happens to be in the city. It isn't that I don't like it, it just seems meh, like the Cell.
The possibility that one might run into Jimmy McNulty and Bunk Moreland and their kids?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
The possibility that one might run into Jimmy McNulty and Bunk Moreland and their kids?
Or McNulty's ex and kids, depending on where your seats are.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

been to them all in the list except texas (only both texas's, florida's and new yorks to see and been to them all). The list is not bad. Pittsburgh is by far the best ballpark i have stepped into. nothing even comes close to it.