White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Dragging this back out. Was at the game today and they have reworked the intro video. Narrative is gone and replaced by music...well actually something that sounded like the Jaws theme. Pretty much the same highlight clips and then the jump into Thunderstruck. Still not quite right.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
WSI Personality

Intro is terrible. Team is terrible and Dunn , I don't even have a word to describe him

Jeff

1.Cubs

3. Indians

2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox
Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
Intro is terrible. Team is terrible and Dunn , I don't even have a word to describe him

Jeff
Intro SUCKS almost as much as Dunn
Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Dragging this back out. Was at the game today and they have reworked the intro video. Narrative is gone and replaced by music...well actually something that sounded like the Jaws theme. Pretty much the same highlight clips and then the jump into Thunderstruck. Still not quite right.
And who says this team can't make adjustments?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassSox View Post
Intro SUCKS almost as much as Dunn
Whoa, whoa! The intro sucks, but comparing it Dunn is just harsh
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 PM
WSI Personality

At this point I really don't give two ****s about the intro, this team is bad and my anger over that has drowned out my feelings about the features of the park, I have never cared about the "ballpark experience", save that crap for the North Side.

"I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive."
Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
I just caught that newer intro on TV. It's better - but I still like the Pirates video better. This intro is probably good for the stadium, as they replaced the voiceover that no one could hear with music. I recognize the new music from a movie soundtrack, but I can't identify it specifically...it may come to me later; I'll watch it again after the game.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Saw the new version of the new video on TV, too. It's underwhelming, to say the least. It's just feels so incomplete. Only this organization would alienate fans before the game even starts.

The Sox need to cut the crap already and bring back the old video.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Saw the new version of the new video on TV, too. It's underwhelming, to say the least. It's just feels so incomplete. Only this organization would alienate fans before the game even starts.

The Sox need to cut the crap already and bring back the old video.
The new video is still bad. Something production releated seems to be wrong with the video. The music does not seem to go along well.

It seems that this was a fixer up rushed job after all the static about this subject.

Take a look at the Blackhawks if you want to see marketing well done. Take a look at the White Sox if you want to see El-Cheapo productions and laziness born of Chairman Jerry never holding his executives accountable.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Yesterday was my third game and the rap/rock video is gone. Maybe it was just for the first homestand? Good riddance.

And the new one -- yeah, it's messed up, as everyone has said.

Edit: I meant that "Ladies and Gentlemen" song with the Sox lip-synching. That's the thing that's gone.

Last edited by SoxandtheCityTee; 04-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I thought I heard the voice-over yesterday? I'll be honest, I really don't pay attention to it.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai_sox View Post
At this point I really don't give two ****s about the intro, this team is bad and my anger over that has drowned out my feelings about the features of the park, I have never cared about the "ballpark experience", save that crap for the North Side.
I can appreciate what you're saying but I hope that the Sox marketing folks don't share your view about the "ballpark experience." The die hard fans will likely show up regardless, but the Sox desperately need to draw the casual fans that attend games as much for the "experience" as for the game itself. Bigger crowds mean more revenue which in turn should - in theory - mean bigger payrolls/more competitive teams. Of course it doesn't always work out that way, but you get the point.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Was at the game last night and they basically have the same montage but with some really bad song.. yeah don’t even know what the point was of getting rid of the pirates song…
I will say though they showed a pretty sweet montage in between innings to “Some Nights” by fun. Not sure if anyone else saw it but I thought it was pretty badass.