White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I think he is a ethical man and will abide by a contract. Maybe he had and has second thoughts but will fulfill a contract. With the money Ventura made as a player this gig is not for the money. Most managers are in it for the money.
Is there something ethically that would prevent him from extending a contract before its up?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Is there something ethically that would prevent him from extending a contract before its up?

No, my point is I think he doesnt want to continue this gig but will abide by the contract he has.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM
WSI High Priest

Wow, yet another two run offensive deluge?

Ugh.

SMO
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM
WSI Personality

Default DeAza

With all the justifed criticism of Adam Done and Keppinger on these posts, we all to have seemed to overlook how bad DeAza has been. He hasn't hit or played good defense this year at all. I thought when he was benched in Toronto he might get his head out of his rear end, but that hasn't been the case. I hope he comes out of it because we have nothing to replace him with.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
No, my point is I think he doesnt want to continue this gig but will abide by the contract he has.
Gotcha. I agree, he wouldn't walk away from the job or the cash.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
With all the justifed criticism of Adam Done and Keppinger on these posts, we all to have seemed to overlook how bad DeAza has been. He hasn't hit or played good defense this year at all. I thought when he was benched in Toronto he might get his head out of his rear end, but that hasn't been the case. I hope he comes out of it because we have nothing to replace him with.
He was a career AAAAer til last year (age 28), no? Expecting him to become an MLB lead off man at that point was wishful thinking.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Dismal and getting moreso. Don't like a team that won't take a walk? It's part of the plan. At least Dunn said so the first week. Swing early in the count and get better balls to hit, he and the hitting coach came up with it. Still want to fire Greg Walker? Hitting does seem to be a bit of a problem right now. So does more than a decade of patch, patch, patch as a business model.

The AL Central has the Tigers and four teams chasing the cellar. The other three manage to put some young talent on the field. The Sox patch. Kenny lost his job because of it, deservedly so. The blame goes beyond Kenny. If I were running a business and there was no new product in the pipeline, I'd be asking my CEO why. I know some of you don't like the owner interfering with the CEO, but if I were running a business, I damn sure would. Wouldn't you? But we don't have an owner running a business, we have an old man with a hobby. To some of you he's the smartest businessman in the world. To me he's an old man with a hobby.

If an old man looking for a hobby reads this, may I suggest woodworking?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
The AL Central has the Tigers and four teams chasing the cellar. The other three manage to put some young talent on the field. The Sox patch. Kenny lost his job because of it, deservedly so. The blame goes beyond Kenny. If I were running a business and there was no new product in the pipeline, I'd be asking my CEO why. I know some of you don't like the owner interfering with the CEO, but if I were running a business, I damn sure would. Wouldn't you? But we don't have an owner running a business, we have an old man with a hobby. To some of you he's the smartest businessman in the world. To me he's an old man with a hobby.
The problem with this entire analogy is that you seem to think JR is losing money on his "hobby" when in reality, the Sox are most likely easily taking in tens of millions of dollars in profit every year.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Right now, we have absolutely no room for error. One part of the club doesn't function, and we lose. The starters have done their jobs very well, as we haven't surrendered more than 5 runs in the last 8 games (and that was only once). Take out Sale's disastrous start on Saturday the 13th, and it's 8 of 10 where the starters have had good-to-great starts (Floyd's start last Monday vs. Toronto was bad, but he didn't leave us in a position that we couldn't come back from).

Starters' performances over the last eight:
Tonight - 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (Axelrod, ND in 3-2 loss to CLE)
Sunday - 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (Floyd, ND in 5-3 loss to MIN)
Saturday - 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 9 K (Peavy, ND in 2-1 loss to MIN)
Thursday - 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K (Sale, L in 3-1 loss to TOR)
Wednesday - 6.2 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (Quintana, W in 7-0 win over TOR)
Tuesday - 6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K (Axelrod, ND in 4-3 win over TOR)
Monday - 4.1 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 6 K (Floyd, L in 4-3 loss to TOR)
Sunday - 7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 11 K (Peavy, W in 3-1 win over CLE)

The Friday before, Quintana went 7 innings with 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, and 7 K and ended up with a ND in a 1-0 loss.

Over those 9, the starter's combined ERA was 1.89. Even add in Sale's performance against Cleveland (4.1 IP, 8 H, 8 ER, 2 BB, 3 K) and it goes to 2.93.

Most any other club, with those performances, could have gone at least 7-3, if not 8-2 or even 9-1. We went 3-7. The offense doesn't produce enough to give us a comfortable lead, and then either the defense or the bullpen, or both, fails us.

It's already been a very long April.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Zakath; 04-22-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
To me he's an old man with a hobby.
He's a businessman with a business. A profitable one at that.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
To me he's an old man with a hobby.

The only hobby guys like this have is collecting green.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The problem with this entire analogy is that you seem to think JR is losing money on his "hobby" when in reality, the Sox are most likely easily taking in tens of millions of dollars in profit every year.
I never said that and I don't think it. Don't play mindreader. If he's not demanding excellence he's running it like a hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
He's a businessman with a business. A profitable one at that.
Which he runs like a hobby because he doesn't demand excellence.

Quote:
The only hobby guys like this have is collecting green.
Explain "guys like this."
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Which he runs like a hobby because he doesn't demand excellence.
If I could make millions off my hobby without being good at it I'd do it too.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 AM
WSI Guru

The White Sox have gift-wrapped each of the last four games for their opposition. Walks, errors, bad baserunning, you name it. As a matter of fact, a throwing error has been a big play in three of these last four losses.

Much of the focus has been on the poor offense. Understandably so. But this team is awful defensively. Of the 12 losses, at least half of them have been gift-wrapped with poor defense.

I feel this club has beaten itself more in the first three weeks of this season than it did the first five months of last year.

The start of this season feels like an extension of last September.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
The first five months of the 2012 season was the aberration. This is the 2011 team. I really think Dunn is single handedly wrecking this franchise.
Adam Dunn is unwatchable, unproductive for weeks on end. I'm sick of his stupid bubble gum. Keep it in your mouth for gosh sakes. We could of had Giambi or Hafner for LH DH for less money/commitment.

That the Sox management thought Adam would be fan popular because he couild hit 40 HRS, is a affront to all true Sox fans. We know Donkey Crap when we see it.

I am waiting for Robin to assert himself and move Adam down in the lineup. Dont' make me turn on you Robin, you played the game the right way, don't become a ***** now.

Teams are not paying high dollar/long term contracts for DH's. Once again the Sox are behind the learning curve. From the TV broadcasting booth, radio booth, front office, minor leagues, the Sox are a laughing stock of incompetence. It starts at the top and our fearless leader Jerry, can sit in his office with all his memorabilia and feel fufilled.

If Robin had balls, he would move him down to eighth or ninth in the lineup.

Please eat the money and release him, show the fans that someone in this organization has a clue.