Soxogram: 
Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
WSI Regular

Default The Reverse Standings/Glass is Half Full Thread

Heading into today's slate of MLB action, the White Sox were in 5th place - just three games "behind" Miami - for the top pick in next years draft. I would never openly root for the Sox to lose, but seeing as Dunn is not going to retire I can take a small measure of relief out of each INSERT OPPOSITION SCORE HERE to 2 loss that we may get a rare high draft pick this year.

Any lunatic collegiate/high school players out there this year that are head and shoulders above the rest we can start to monitor?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Eventually this will have to be blown up.

There just isn't any young offensive talent in the majors or in the farms. Courntey Hawkins aside, but he isn't coming up before 2016
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow6 View Post
Any lunatic collegiate/high school players out there this year that are head and shoulders above the rest we can start to monitor?
Carlos Rodon. But he will go to the Astros.

And while I think it's time to take a step back and commit to a rebuild (not a new sentiment of mine), I'd be surprised if we are picking top 5 in 2014.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM
WSI Regular

We are now just 2.5 games out of "third place" for the worst record in the baseball. Is there anyone who can now honestly doubt that this is a likely scenario?

It is perhaps the sole silver lining the year; rather than win 83 games maybe we can draft an impact player with a top 3 pick. I also think it would be funny for us to "pass" the Cubs and move ahead of them in the draft order.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Carlos Rodon. But he will go to the Astros.

And while I think it's time to take a step back and commit to a rebuild (not a new sentiment of mine), I'd be surprised if we are picking top 5 in 2014.
Astros are playing much better ball of late, so IMO the Marlins are going to pick first next year, unless the Astros dump everyone of decent value again before the deadline. (Hopefully not including Altuve.)

How so before Courtney Hawkins gets a cup of coffee? Next September? He's probably our only hitting prospect that could make an immediate big league impact, but we certainly shouldn't rush him...
Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Astros are playing much better ball of late, so IMO the Marlins are going to pick first next year, unless the Astros dump everyone of decent value again before the deadline. (Hopefully not including Altuve.)

How so before Courtney Hawkins gets a cup of coffee? Next September? He's probably our only hitting prospect that could make an immediate big league impact, but we certainly shouldn't rush him...
I doubt it, he still has a long way to go.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.