Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Floyds trade value is nothing now, Peavys now could be next to nothing. This isnt about this season but about the future of this club.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Floyds trade value is nothing now, Peavys now could be next to nothing. This isnt about this season but about the future of this club.
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

Rick Hahn is off to a horrible start as general manager.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
You don't want to push a guy too far this early in the season. Especially a guy who's had a bad injury before. I would rather not see Simon Castro come up this early.
I believe that Castro pitched last night, so if Jake doesn't make his start tomorrow it would probably be Zach Stewart getting the call.

I had hoped that Andre Rienzo would have started off better, given the year he had last year, or else he might have been the one getting the call tomorrow. His stuff is still good, he's striking out almost 8 per 9 IP, the results just haven't been there.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

Rick Hahn is off to a horrible start as general manager.
Unless I'm mistaken, Kenny Williams' first major move as GM was to acquire resident staff ace David Wells, as his first Sox team got off to a 14-29 start, and less than 5 years later he brought us World Series. Perspective.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Kenny Williams' first major move as GM was to acquire resident staff ace David Wells, as his first Sox team got off to a 14-29 start, and less than 5 years later he brought us World Series. Perspective.

What does that have to do with the piss poor job Hahn's done?

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.
After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

We know that would have shown rebuilding and that was something they dont want to do. I wont blame a Sox GM because of how I feel about the amount of actual authority they have.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Is has to do with the fact that he's been general manager for all of 6 ****ing months. It's a bit early to be declaring him baseball incompetent.

I don't know why I'm bothering, seems a bit pointless to engage the king of armchair GMs at this point.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.
Then he should have improved the team. Instead he let it get worse.

What does it matter if you're spending money on crap. A 70 win team is a 70 win team is a 70 win team. People aren't going to come.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
Is has to do with the fact that he's been general manager for all of 6 ****ing months. It's a bit early to be declaring him baseball incompetent.

I don't know why I'm bothering, seems a bit pointless to engage the king of armchair GMs at this point.
It isn't armchair if I've been saying since he started.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
It was not obvious that the team would struggle. This is second-guessing after-the-fact at its best.

Quote:
Letting Peavy walk would have made the team worse. Peavy signed for a bargain on top of that.

2013 Attendance Record: 7-9, .438
Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Exactly correct.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
It was not obvious that the team would struggle. This is second-guessing after-the-fact at its best.
Um...I feel you didn't read many of my offseason posts.

The national media thought we would suck too.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

What does it matter if you're spending money on crap. A 70 win team is a 70 win team is a 70 win team. People aren't going to come.
Hahn didn't let the team get worse.

The team is worse because the hitters aren't hitting.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Um...I feel you didn't read many of my offseason posts.

The national media thought we would suck too.
Congratulations, Nostradamus.

Apart from 2006, the national media always predicts us to suck.