White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 6,760
Default

Floyds trade value is nothing now, Peavys now could be next to nothing. This isnt about this season but about the future of this club.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Floyds trade value is nothing now, Peavys now could be next to nothing. This isnt about this season but about the future of this club.
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

Rick Hahn is off to a horrible start as general manager.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
mzh mzh is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
You don't want to push a guy too far this early in the season. Especially a guy who's had a bad injury before. I would rather not see Simon Castro come up this early.
I believe that Castro pitched last night, so if Jake doesn't make his start tomorrow it would probably be Zach Stewart getting the call.

I had hoped that Andre Rienzo would have started off better, given the year he had last year, or else he might have been the one getting the call tomorrow. His stuff is still good, he's striking out almost 8 per 9 IP, the results just haven't been there.
__________________
Obligatory Attendance Record:
3-3
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:14 PM
mzh mzh is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

Rick Hahn is off to a horrible start as general manager.
Unless I'm mistaken, Kenny Williams' first major move as GM was to acquire resident staff ace David Wells, as his first Sox team got off to a 14-29 start, and less than 5 years later he brought us World Series. Perspective.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:19 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Kenny Williams' first major move as GM was to acquire resident staff ace David Wells, as his first Sox team got off to a 14-29 start, and less than 5 years later he brought us World Series. Perspective.

What does that have to do with the piss poor job Hahn's done?

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,201
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
What does that have to do with the piss poor job Hahn's done?

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.
After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.
__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 6,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.

We know that would have shown rebuilding and that was something they dont want to do. I wont blame a Sox GM because of how I feel about the amount of actual authority they have.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
mzh mzh is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
What does that have to do with the piss poor job Hahn's done?

He failed to improve the team and he failed to capitalize on assets when he needed to if he wasn't going to improve the team. Maybe he thought the Sox would be good, but for that reason alone he should be fired. Nobody thought that. If he's pulling the strings, the man isn't baseball competent.
Is has to do with the fact that he's been general manager for all of 6 ****ing months. It's a bit early to be declaring him baseball incompetent.

I don't know why I'm bothering, seems a bit pointless to engage the king of armchair GMs at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.
Then he should have improved the team. Instead he let it get worse.

What does it matter if you're spending money on crap. A 70 win team is a 70 win team is a 70 win team. People aren't going to come.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
Is has to do with the fact that he's been general manager for all of 6 ****ing months. It's a bit early to be declaring him baseball incompetent.

I don't know why I'm bothering, seems a bit pointless to engage the king of armchair GMs at this point.
It isn't armchair if I've been saying since he started.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,405
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
It was obvious with the direction of the club prior to the season that they would not compete, so not trading their injury prone players prior to the season is borderline incompetence.
It was not obvious that the team would struggle. This is second-guessing after-the-fact at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Then he should have improved the team. Instead he let it get worse.
Letting Peavy walk would have made the team worse. Peavy signed for a bargain on top of that.
__________________


2013 Attendance Record: 7-9, .438
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,405
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
After spending much of last year in first place, most Sox fans would have rioted if before the season began Hahn waved the white flag on 2013.
Exactly correct.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
It was not obvious that the team would struggle. This is second-guessing after-the-fact at its best.
Um...I feel you didn't read many of my offseason posts.

The national media thought we would suck too.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,201
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Then he should have improved the team. Instead he let it get worse.

What does it matter if you're spending money on crap. A 70 win team is a 70 win team is a 70 win team. People aren't going to come.
Hahn didn't let the team get worse.

The team is worse because the hitters aren't hitting.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,201
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Um...I feel you didn't read many of my offseason posts.

The national media thought we would suck too.
Congratulations, Nostradamus.

Apart from 2006, the national media always predicts us to suck.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.