White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Especially with this organization no?

Lip

Indubitable
Old 05-05-2013, 10:43 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky F. Dent View Post
Was that a poor effort by Rios, or an injured effort by Rios?
That looked like a catchable ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Supposedly playing in the WBC helped Rios.....no really that's what some were saying.

3rd game this year the Sox lost when leading in the 7th or later.

1-3 in extra inning games this season...Sox now 6-12 in extra inning games dating back to last year.

Dunn left five men on base today with two strikeouts, yet he continues to hit up in the lineup.

Walks will kill you.

It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse.

Lip
Awful defense, awful offense, pitching one step behind the opposition. This is an ugly recipe.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 05-05-2013, 11:05 PM
WSI High Priest

I'm not going to hold that last one against Rios, although you have to worry about what the team's struggles are going to do to him as the season goes on.
I'm all for blowing it up, but there really isn't much to work with in the big team and the other levels.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Thats not going to be so easy. Rios may get you some, will Thornton, Crain? Forget Floyd, Peavy now maybe not much. Ramirez salary may negate the type of prospect you can get. Paul if he wants out wont get the Sox much. There isnt anyone else. Its easy to say get prospects but a heck of a lot harder to actually be able to do it.
The relievers should bring prospects. Lindstrom, Crain, Thornton - pitchers like that have brought decent returns.
If Peavy could pitch, he should bring someone really good. Even better, if we pick up salary.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
The relievers should bring prospects. Lindstrom, Crain, Thornton - pitchers like that have brought decent returns.
I forgot about Lindstrom but all 3 are FA's after this year. You think the Sox can get good prospects for a couple months?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I forgot about Lindstrom but all 3 are FA's after this year. You think the Sox can get good prospects for a couple months?
I don't.

I oppose the nuclear option because I don't believe these players are nearly as valuable on the trade market as many here believe.

IMO, the bounty of prospects everyone wants or thinks the Sox are going to get is not forthcoming.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 AM
WSI High Priest

I'm putting this loss on Addison Reed's shoulders. In the 9th, Keppinger's muffed potential double play was water under the bridge, and he started the 9th with a two run lead. He then walks two guys who both come around to score.

I know Steve Stone says that with closers, saves are all that matters, but I for one am getting a bit weary of Reed's ineffectiveness being glossed over with a save. Can't this guy just come in and retire the side in order for a change?

SMO
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post

I oppose the nuclear option because I don't believe these players are nearly as valuable on the trade market as many here believe.
What other choice is there but the nuclear option with the upcoming FAs? Pick up their options?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 AM
WSI Personality

The lack of offense and hitting with RISP is a problem, but the fact is, our good pitching staff walks too many hitters at critical points in games.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartman View Post
The lack of offense and hitting with RISP is a problem, but the fact is, our good pitching staff walks too many hitters at critical points in games.
Truth. This has been an issue since September.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 AM
WSI High Priest

Considering the White Sox track record developing draft picks, why, unless you want something to complain about for the next 10-15 years, would anyone want them to go into a total rebuild? Do people really want to see guys in Chicago that are having a tough time playing in Charlotte and Birmingham?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Everybody knows I hate walks, but in today's case, it was *who* we walked that really bothered me. In both the eighth and ninth innings, we walked the No. 8 and No. 9 hitters back-to-back. Getz and Kottaras? Neither of these two players is a good hitter. They are batting .229 and .222, respectively.

That allowed the lineup to turn over, and it put the Sox in a position where Gordon, Escobar or Butler could hurt them. Butler hurt them in the ninth. Gordon hurt them in the 10th.

You have to make bums like Getz and Kottaras hit their way on. Sox relievers refused to do so. Or in the one case, the bench was inexplicably fearful of Getz and ordered an intentional walk.

That's just bad baseball. It's embarrassing.

Who is more likely to beat you? Getz or Kottaras? Or Butler and Gordon? I think there's an easy answer to that question. So why the hell are we walking Getz and Kottaras?

If you're afraid of Chirs friggin Getz, you need a new job. Omgrosso (sp) isn't good enough to be putting anybody on base on purpose. Like you said; that was one batter closer to turning over the lineup. I can't stand this "managing scared" bull**** either. IT'S CHRIS GETZ.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
WSI Prelate

JB is right; our veterans will not fetch the prospects for which we clamor.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
JB is right; our veterans will not fetch the prospects for which we clamor.
Yes he is and that shows how dire the situation is right now. It very well could be very tough in the next few years.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
Yes he is and that shows how dire the situation is right now. It very well could be very tough in the next few years.
Actually, I feel good about the state of our pitching.

Fixing the hitting requires drafting, signing and developing better position players.