White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 12:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
No need to change anything as long as management is satisfied with the financial well being of club. This doesnt seem like the kind of ownership that is in this game for the sake of winning.
This. A million times. JR has his ring, the only thing to do now is get more $.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM
WSI Personality

While the Sox are in last right now, I still don't think things are as bad as they seem. They are still only 5 games under .500. They were sixth in the MLB in ERA prior to last night's game. They lost Bacon and Tank for an extended period of time and were doing okay prior to those two getting injured. I am disappointed right now, but I am not hitting the panic button quite yet. If it's June 30th and the Sox are 15 games under and 12 games back, then I will throw in the towel.

Anticipated next game: Unknown
Old 05-11-2013, 12:38 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

I think Robin pulled Dylan too soon, Sox were still tied in the 7th.

RECAP
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._home&c_id=cws
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 05-11-2013, 12:41 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
One reason this has not gotten as much attention is because of the focus on the Blackhawks and Bulls' playoff runs currently going on. But once their respective seasons come to a conclusion, our ugliness will be out there for all to see.

If we finish in last place, which would be the first time since 1989, I think the whole thing should be blown up. That includes replacing the current regime and buying the best GM in baseball to oversee baseball operations.
At the very least, JR should sell the Bulls and put the money in the Sox. He
just continues to run this like a small market team.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgrouch View Post
At the very least, JR should sell the Bulls and put the money in the Sox. He
just continues to run this like a small market team.
Amen to that.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Ah, for the glory days when a dismal loss could get 6 pages of posts out of us. Yawn.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:44 PM
WSI High Priest

I can't see myself having a high level of interest in this team again until spring training 2015 when the abomination that is Adam Dunn is no longer part of this team. Nothing makes this team more hopeless than a $14M DH who has this batting average with the White Sox-

April, 2011- .160
May, 2011- .204
June, 2011- .136
July, 2011- .145
August, 2011- .155
September, 2011- .128
April, 2012- .231
May, 2012- .230
June, 2012- .181
July, 2012- .211
August, 2012- .176
September, 2012- .200
April, 2013- .148
May, 2013- .120

Total w/White Sox- .180

Why this guy is still hitting clean up, has never really been benched (other than Sept 2011 to avoid embarrassing himself), gets a pass from the Chicago sports media, etc- is beyond me.

Anyone read any stories of Adam Dunn getting the best shape of his life, working tirelessly in the offseason to turn things around, etc.? No? Me neither.

Just a guy taking the approach he has always taken (despite aging and now playing in a tougher league than the NL)- and stealing millions of dollars every month.

We're not going anywhere until he's off this roster.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 PM
WSI Personality

Sometime, somewhere, someday Adam Done will no longer be a member of the White Sox. I'm still hoping that it's sooner rather than later. I'm really going to be interested what he will say about his lack of success in a White Sox uniform. The only thing comparable to Done was when the White Sox signed The Pizza Man/Scab/ Ron Santo. After Santo stunk up the team in 1974 he retired. After he retired he blamed White Sox manager Chuck Tanner for his down year with the White Sox.( As if it was Tanners fault he hit 2:20 with only 5 home runs.) Then again the Scab made a career out of blaming other people for his lack of success. I will be curious to see if Done does the same thing and plays the blame game after he leaves the White Sox.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
Ah, for the glory days when a dismal loss could get 6 pages of posts out of us. Yawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Amen to that.
The Sox have a payroll almost matching the Rangers ($118 vs $125 mil, IIRC). The problem is that this front office is very penny-wise and dollar-foolish.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Sometime, somewhere, someday Adam Done will no longer be a member of the White Sox. I'm still hoping that it's sooner rather than later. I'm really going to be interested what he will say about his lack of success in a White Sox uniform. The only thing comparable to Done was when the White Sox signed The Pizza Man/Scab/ Ron Santo. After Santo stunk up the team in 1974 he retired. After he retired he blamed White Sox manager Chuck Tanner for his down year with the White Sox.( As if it was Tanners fault he hit 2:20 with only 5 home runs.) Then again the Scab made a career out of blaming other people for his lack of success. I will be curious to see if Done does the same thing and plays the blame game after he leaves the White Sox.

Why did you call him "the Scab"?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 AM
WSI Personality

Default The Scab

I call Ron Santo the Scab because in 1972 MLB players went out on strike at the beginning of the season. You younger people might find this hard to believe but the players back then weren't paid much. The players went out on strike over insurance benefits for their families. The strike lasted 2 weeks before it was settled. A handful of players crossed the picket line and became Scabs. One of them was the Pizza Man, Ron Santo. He claimed he was satisfied with what he had and he felt he owed it to Mr. Wrigley to cross the picket line. Anybody who crosses the picket line when his union goes out on strike is known as a Scab. So that's why I call Santo, THE SCAB. The Scab was unfortunately voted into the Baseball HOF after he died. His fellow players made sure he didn't live to see his induction into the HOF. They never voted him into the HOF when he was living simply because unlike the Chicago media, they didn't forget the fact that Santo crossed the picket line in1972 and was a SCAB.