White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM
WSI Prelate

Our starting pitchers have been great, but goodness they throw a lot of pitches. WE need them to either a)trade or b)to still have arm left when we get good in the future years.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Besides the usual errors, we're also among the league leaders in passed balls. Just more categories this team doesn't need to be in.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

On the way to the game tonight I heard Ventura's pregame interview session. Someone asked him if any extra work is being done to address the defensive problems. He basically danced around answering the question, which led me to believe not a lot is being done. Then three errors and a passed ball take place in the first five innings. That does not include a Ramirez throw into the dirt that Dunn picked and a throw from the outfield that got away.

The players are ultimately responsible for their performance, but this team has gotten away from Ventura. It's the dumbest, dopiest Sox team I've seen. It's like watching Bozo's Circus everyday.

Dunn needs a day or two off immediately. He was booed loudly tonight, especially after his final at-bat. There's no need to let him get destroyed by the boo-birds Sunday night. Ventura needs to do the Donkey a favor and give him a mental break.

It's ridiculous that Ventura continues to bat Dunn cleanup. Drop him in the order. If he recaptures his home run mojo, then put him back in the cleanup spot. For now, though, he needs to be dropped.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
WSI Personality

Every game that Dunn hits higher than the No. 7 spot in the lineup, I lose a little more respect for Robin. I don't think this debacle of a team is ultimately his fault, but he has to realize by now that Dunn simply isn't a middle-of-the-order hitter at this point.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:21 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
Besides the usual errors, we're also among the league leaders in passed balls. Just more categories this team doesn't need to be in.
After the passed ball cost the Sox the go-ahead run tonight, I came up with a great idea for a promotion: Tyler Flowers Bobblehands Doll Night. Maybe I'll email Brooks.

Flowers is Chris Snopek in catcher's gear. This reminds me of 1998 when the organization tried to dupe us fans into believing Snopek would be an adequate replacement for Robin Ventura. Nonsense. Now, the organization is trying to tell us Flowers is an adequate replacement for A.J. Pierzynski. Nonsense. Flowers is a marginal player, a career backup at best. He does not excel in any aspect of the game. End of story. He's only getting an opportunity because he's cheap and happened to be hanging around. He's done nothing to earn an everyday job.

It's time for Robin to make some changes. Start with dropping Dunn down in the batting order. I know they won't bench him, but can we at least reduce the number of ABs he gets by batting him eighth? Move Tank up. He can swing the bat.

When Beckham comes back, Keppinger plays 3B against left-handed pitching only. Otherwise, he rides the pine. I know Beckham isn't a good hitter, but look at how badly the infield defense is suffering without him. Keppinger stinks at 2B. Greene had an atrocious night in the field this evening.

And why the hell isn't Konerko playing 1B? I realize neither Konerko nor Dunn have any range, but Paulie is simply a better defender. He doesn't embarrass himself over there around the bag like Dunn does.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-11-2013, 11:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Until Dunn is out of the lineup this manager and organization are actively and knowingly not starting the best lineup they can. Simple as that.

I wish one of the players A) had a personality and B) the mindset to call a players only meeting. The only guy I could see doing that is Peavy and even that's a long shot.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 PM
WSI Personality

Went to the game and it was another discouraging loss. I couldn't help but notice that half of the crowd got up and left after the 8th inning. The White Sox were only down by one run with one inning to go and still a ton of people left the game. This is starting to remind me of the 2007 season. Whenever the team was losing in 2007 most people left after the 7th inning. Needless to say, people obviously don't think this team is good enough to come back late in a game. Virtually every playoff team gets there with good pitching. This team can pitch but it simply can't hit. I hope Hahn does something about this, sooner rather than later. For all you old time White Sox fans that are reading this: Can you just about imagine what Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall would be saying about Adam Done if they were announcing for the White Sox now?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:32 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Went to the game and it was another discouraging loss. I couldn't help but notice that half of the crowd got up and left after the 8th inning. The White Sox were only down by one run with one inning to go and still a ton of people left the game. This is starting to remind me of the 2007 season. Whenever the team was losing in 2007 most people left after the 7th inning. Needless to say, people obviously don't think this team is good enough to come back late in a game. Virtually every playoff team gets there with good pitching. This team can pitch but it simply can't hit. I hope Hahn does something about this, sooner rather than later.
We were also at the game tonight, and in the fifth inning, I believe I said, "We're only down 3-2, but I know we're going to lose." Sure enough. It sucks to be right about that, but you just get that feeling sometimes. I had it for most of 2011. I have it now. A one-run deficit might as well be 10. You just know they don't have it in them to come back.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Also, whatever good will the Sox built in May-August 2012 and by lowering ticket prices offseason has been completely destroyed in 35 games. Hell of an #Impact.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 PM
WSI Regular

You fill holes with other teams' rejects and you expect air tight baseball? Ha. It's getting hard to care.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
This and That:

Tribune reports Robin had a team meeting after the game upset with the poor play.

Another game, another night of pure unadulterated garbage.

Offense is putrid, defense is atrocious.

8th loss this year when allowing three runs or less...
8th loss in the last 12 games...

Tribune also has a story tonight when Dunn says that despite the Sox awful play they are "only" five or six games out of first and that things have to get better.

You'd think so just statistically however Dunn's 2011 campaign shows that's not always the case.

Besides to get back into things the Sox would have to get on a streak where they win like 10 of 11...with this brain-dead bunch that's not going to happen.

Maybe they'll do us all a favor and tank by June 1st so it won't be an issue anymore.

Hard to say that but this team disgusts me.

Lip

Given your track record of sheer unadulterated negativity, I'd say that it was pretty easy for you to say that......
Old 05-11-2013, 11:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Viciedo looks good. That's all I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 05-11-2013, 11:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
We were also at the game tonight, and in the fifth inning, I believe I said, "We're only down 3-2, but I know we're going to lose." Sure enough. It sucks to be right about that, but you just get that feeling sometimes. I had it for most of 2011. I have it now. A one-run deficit might as well be 10. You just know they don't have it in them to come back.
During Dunn's final at-bat, before the last pitch was even released, I said "Strike 3, you're out." He didn't disappoint. God, I hate that he has to be this kind of player. Easily one of the worst contracts in White Sox history.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:38 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Until Dunn is out of the lineup this manager and organization are actively and knowingly not starting the best lineup they can. Simple as that.

I wish one of the players A) had a personality and B) the mindset to call a players only meeting. The only guy I could see doing that is Peavy and even that's a long shot.

I think its time for some new ownership. I know its been discussed at length around here already but this is freaking Chicago, one of the biggest and best markets in the country and this is what we are running out there every night? It's beyond embarrassing. The fans deserve better and the city deserves better.

A Chicago sports team should NOT feel like a small time operation. But who would want to come play for the White Sox at this point? Its a black hole...there are very supportive and loyal fans but they are also smart enough to recognize when nobody gives a damn.

JR did show some solid support for this team when he opened up his checkbook before the 2010 season and I know our payroll is one of the higher ones in the league. BUT. There comes a point when enough is enough. I have no idea if this ownership group feels like they have given enough and are okay with the results or if they take a horrible start like this as hard as the rest of us do. But if its the former then why don't they sell to people who will actively try to help this organization become what a Chicago sports franchise should be. And if its the latter then the public perception might be better if they expressed some kind of willingness to make necessary changes to improve the team.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:47 AM
WSI High Priest

I would like to believe that the offense will come around, although Dunn is proof positive that it doesn't have to. The starting pitching has been very good, and the bullpen, while walking way too many, has shown signs of life.

The part that continues to mystify and aggravate me to no end is the sloppy defense. What good is Tyler Flower's superior throwing capability when a passed ball allows runners to advance uncontested? Even a few of the regulars have seemed to have grown hands of iron lately.

Even Chris "Let me blow some more sunshine up your poop chute" Rongey has grown skeptical, talking about Tyler Greene's days probably being numbered. I sure hope he has some inside info here.

SMO