White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Oh for Christ's sake, the other 29 teams would have done the exact same thing; when you have a chance to keep both crappy players why get rid of one for the other? Wise and Danks are completely interchangeable players.

The only people being stupid are the people who get worked up over whether Wise or Danks deserves to be man #25 on this roster.

P.S. by sending him to Charlotte to play regularly instead of sit on the bench 6 days a week, you can argue the Sox actually hold Danks in higher regard than Wise.
Actually, if you are only using your 4th outfielder once a week, you better have 3 studs playing in front of him. Now considering the White Sox are one of the weakest offensive teams in baseball, I would think the 4th outfielder would get a chance to play several times a week.
Also, I don't think options is even a concern. If you kept Danks and DFA'd Wise, my guess is Wise claears waivers and could go to AAA. If someone claims him, even better, you have found a great future trading partner when the time comes.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Actually, if you are only using your 4th outfielder once a week, you better have 3 studs playing in front of him. Now considering the White Sox are one of the weakest offensive teams in baseball, I would think the 4th outfielder would get a chance to play several times a week.
OK, but anyone whose been paying attention to the way Robin manages knows that's not the case
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I disagree. The guy has had three different stints with Toronto. If the Sox DFA'd him, I'd bet you somebody else would pick him up. Wise has managed to stay in pro ball a long time. He hasn't been with the Sox for his entire career, ya know?
Maybe, but I cannot see what it is that he brings to a team that a hundred AAA players can't. A .270 OBP is historically bad. The Yankees , who won 90 plus last year had him and Nix on the roster , how's that work . A previous poster said Danks was also AAA quality, I don't know how you can make that statement after 300 at bats, especially when he has played pretty decent.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Maybe, but I cannot see what it is that he brings to a team that a hundred AAA players can't. A .270 OBP is historically bad. The Yankees , who won 90 plus last year had him and Nix on the roster , how's that work . A previous poster said Danks was also AAA quality, I don't know how you can make that statement after 300 at bats, especially when he has played pretty decent.
.220/.290/.305 is not "pretty decent." It's horrendously awful, especially for an OF. Heck, he has a career .268 batting average in the minor leagues.

Jordan Danks, like Dewayne Wise, sucks. The Sox would be better off finding upgrades over both of them.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
No. Rowand. This thread needs more Aaron Rowand.
Are you kidding? No one mentioned in this thread is fit to carry Rowand's jock strap. Rowand in his prime would be the best player on this team.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
.220/.290/.305 is not "pretty decent." It's horrendously awful, especially for an OF. Heck, he has a career .268 batting average in the minor leagues.

Jordan Danks, like Dewayne Wise, sucks. The Sox would be better off finding upgrades over both of them.
Exactly. I hesitate to defend Wise too much. If he were sent packing, I wouldn't shed a tear. But, the reality isn't Danks can't play a lick either. It's hardly an injustice that he was sent out while Wise was kept.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Exactly. I hesitate to defend Wise too much. If he were sent packing, I wouldn't shed a tear. But, the reality isn't Danks can't play a lick either. It's hardly an injustice that he was sent out while Wise was kept.
Yes, the reason you option Danks to Charlotte and keep Wise is because they're the exact same player but at least now you have a little cushion. If something happens to Wise, you just call up Wise, Jr. AKA Danks. But if you let go of Wise to keep Danks, what happens if something happens to him? I don't even know who is next in line in this organization... Luis Durango? Tekotte? Mitchell?

Ugh
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Rowand in his prime would be the best player on this team.
That's not far from the truth, actually.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Are you kidding? No one mentioned in this thread is fit to carry Rowand's jock strap. Rowand in his prime would be the best player on this team.
Yes!

The legend of Rowand continues!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:40 AM
WSI High Priest

What if they brought back both Rowand AND Brian Anderson?!?!?! (Is Julio Ramirez free? That kid has an impressive bat...)
Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by delben91 View Post
What if they brought back both Rowand AND Brian Anderson?!?!?! (Is Julio Ramirez free? That kid has an impressive bat...)
I think that much awesomeness in one place at one time would cause a rip in the space time continuum and we would all instantly perish.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
I think that much awesomeness in one place at one time would cause a rip in the space time continuum and we would all instantly perish.
I'm having a hard time deciding between that or continuing to watch the 2013 Sox.