White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winningugly23 View Post
Did anyone notice if they were selling the red jackets from last year at the garage sale would love to grab one of these...
They had all of the red gear at Soxfest this year. Didn't see too much at the garage sale.

As far as bobble heads- this was a a major score.

They had the Crede SoxFest exclusive for $20. Which is a STEAL.. They also had a Thigpen (Fantasy Camp) from years ago, for $10. I didn't get it, but my friend did, and that is a rare one too. Mark Salas (Fantasy Camp) was there too for $5. They also had old Konerkos for $30, Thome $30, Minoso $30, Peavy $15, Ventura $20, Ozzie $20, Konerko/Dye Statues $15, Swisher $20 and Mark B $15 . I also saw a Fisk and one kid had a Hawk and DJ. Lotta bobble heads.

We didn't get in there first, so we did miss a few. They had the Stanley Cup giveaway too for $30. In the mystery bags (which the young lady let me look in them) they had Alexi, Pierre and the ever present Bossard. Thomas statues too. I got a few and gave them out to family, but the one with Bossard had a mini-Southpaw which was only given out to Kids Club members. The Bossard was smashed (and glued back together), but 2 bobbles for $10 isn't too bad.

I was impressed on that part of the sale. I am not a big collector of other stuff, but the prices seemed rather reasonable. I picked up a nice backpack for $5. Winter hat was $3. Books are always pretty cheap and my dad loves that stuff.

From my experience- the garage sale is better than the clubhouse sale. No idea why. Maybe the space. The sale at Soxfest was like the garage sale too. $10 fitted caps, can't beat that. Looking forward to Soxfest '14.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Sox_Summer View Post

They had the Crede SoxFest exclusive for $20. Which is a STEAL.. They also had a Thigpen (Fantasy Camp) from years ago, for $10. I didn't get it, but my friend did, and that is a rare one too. Mark Salas (Fantasy Camp) was there too for $5. They also had old Konerkos for $30, Thome $30, Minoso $30, Peavy $15, Ventura $20, Ozzie $20, Konerko/Dye Statues $15, Swisher $20 and Mark B $15 . I also saw a Fisk and one kid had a Hawk and DJ. Lotta bobble heads.
I would have loved to have picked up a Thigpen, but you can't scoop up everything. The good stuff goes fast. Hit me up if you have a Thigpen to trade. I'd give you an '05 game-used ball for one.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
I would have loved to have picked up a Thigpen, but you can't scoop up everything. The good stuff goes fast. Hit me up if you have a Thigpen to trade. I'd give you an '05 game-used ball for one.
I just want one! Ha. I didn't get it, my buddy did. He is trying to trade for even more rare bobbles more than likely. So if you have a Art "Cave" Kusnyer bobble, I am sure he is all ears.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I just want one! Ha. I didn't get it, my buddy did. He is trying to trade for even more rare bobbles more than likely. So if you have a Art "Cave" Kusnyer bobble, I am sure he is all ears.
The last guy that was all ears was Don Mossi.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
They had all of the red gear at Soxfest this year. Didn't see too much at the garage sale.

We didn't get in there first, so we did miss a few. They had the Stanley Cup giveaway too for $30. In the mystery bags (which the young lady let me look in them) they had Alexi, Pierre and the ever present Bossard. Thomas statues too. I got a few and gave them out to family, but the one with Bossard had a mini-Southpaw which was only given out to Kids Club members. The Bossard was smashed (and glued back together), but 2 bobbles for $10 isn't too bad.

I was impressed on that part of the sale. I am not a big collector of other stuff, but the prices seemed rather reasonable. I picked up a nice backpack for $5. Winter hat was $3. Books are always pretty cheap and my dad loves that stuff.

From my experience- the garage sale is better than the clubhouse sale. No idea why. Maybe the space. The sale at Soxfest was like the garage sale too. $10 fitted caps, can't beat that. Looking forward to Soxfest '14.
That definitely sounds like a Treasure Trove of bobbleheads. I might need to send someone going a few $$$ if they would snag me a few bobbleheads next year. My downside is that it's always around the NCAA tournament. It's been a good thing that I've missed it the past few years. Now that I'm back from Florida, I really want to go. Maybe next year the times will work out.

Congrats to everyone on their "great gets!"