White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
No surprise that on MLB Trade Rumors' list of weak-hitting positions (by weighted on-base average), we have 7 of 9 positions filled!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ontenders.html
MakeAnImpact!

Old 06-04-2013, 12:18 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
No surprise that on MLB Trade Rumors' list of weak-hitting positions (by weighted on-base average), we have 7 of 9 positions filled!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ontenders.html
The most surprising part about this is that someone at MLB Trade Rumors thinks the Sox are contenders.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 AM
WSI High Priest

A month ago I posted that this may be the worst Sox hitting Sox team since I started following them in the early 50s, its now official, this is the worst. 1967 up until now was the worst but that team had great pitching and defense. This team has horrible defense along with the bad hitting.
The book on the Sox has to be, don't throw strikes, they will swing at anything and make sure you hit the ball, they most likely will drop the ball or make a bad throw or look like fools on routes to the ball.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
WSI High Priest

I find it ironic that "Be aggressive and don't take pitches" Mark Parent got ejected for complaining about the ump's strike zone last night.

Don't want to start another Walker situation, but maybe he should go first, before we move players since any young players coming back in trades will pick up bad impatient hitting habits from him, getting behind the count constantly and giving the pitcher advantages.

IMO, Dunn is partially his fault, he's on track for about half his usual amount of walks this year, and despite his record level of poor hitting, at least he'd get on base sometimes.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:37 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
I find it ironic that "Be aggressive and don't take pitches" Mark Parent got ejected for complaining about the ump's strike zone last night.

Don't want to start another Walker situation, but maybe he should go first, before we move players since any young players coming back in trades will pick up bad impatient hitting habits from him, getting behind the count constantly and giving the pitcher advantages.

IMO, Dunn is partially his fault, he's on track for about half his usual amount of walks this year, and despite his record level of poor hitting, at least he'd get on base sometimes.
Parent is the bench coach. Manto is the hitting coach.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:29 AM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
It's not "Be aggressive and don't take pitches." It's "Swing at the batting practice fastball on pitch one, because that might be the only hittable pitch." After watching Sox batters let early count fat pitches go and then swing at junk in the dirt, it's a philosophy I agree with.

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W
August 30 (2) L
September 14 L
September 27 W

Next Game: ??
Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The Blackhawks....who couldnt draw 9000 people to a game back when the Sox were putting up 90 win seasons in 2005 and 2006. I love the bandwagon Chicago fans.
What's your point? So-called 'bandwagon' fans fill stadiums and help with really neat things like payroll. You know, payroll that can be used to make the team you root for competitive.

Let me guess, you were annoyed when newly-minted Sox fans showed up after '05?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
What's your point? So-called 'bandwagon' fans fill stadiums and help with really neat things like payroll. You know, payroll that can be used to make the team you root for competitive.

Let me guess, you were annoyed when newly-minted Sox fans showed up after '05?
Bandwagon fans are a blessing. So are the ones who jump on and stay...for anyone who hasn't been to a Hawks game lately.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 06-04-2013, 11:38 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
A month ago I posted that this may be the worst Sox hitting Sox team since I started following them in the early 50s, its now official, this is the worst. 1967 up until now was the worst but that team had great pitching and defense. This team has horrible defense along with the bad hitting.
The book on the Sox has to be, don't throw strikes, they will swing at anything and make sure you hit the ball, they most likely will drop the ball or make a bad throw or look like fools on routes to the ball.
The team video this year should be titled "Southside Follies".. They make those middlin teams with pop gun offences and pitching and defensive prowess look like world beaters in comparision..

I swear they remind me of a bunch of tee ballers when the ball is put in play. The only thing missing is them standing in the field and picking their asses or noses and chewing on their gloves..

We have been blessed with some great catchers along the way. Flowers really makes you notice things we once took for granted.

BK59
Old 06-04-2013, 11:59 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Bandwagon fans are a blessing. So are the ones who jump on and stay...for anyone who hasn't been to a Hawks game lately.
Yeah, but they're not as "cool" because they aren't rocking a retro jersey from a relatively obscure Sox player and can't reminisce about the old Comiskey.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
WSI Personality

Default Hitless Blunders

Instead of Hitless Wonders this team is the Hitless Blunders.

Not only is hittling dismal but fielding and mental mistakes makes this team " The Hittless Blunders".