White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Moses_Scurry Moses_Scurry is offline
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 3,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I think we're safe.
Hell, if the Yankees can somehow find a way out of Rodriguez's contract for this, then Hahn needs to be testing Dunn daily! Doctor the results. Do whatever it takes. Make an impact.
__________________
What is Mind? -- Doesn't Matter!
What is Matter? -- Never Mind!
-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:32 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,199
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses_Scurry View Post
Hell, if the Yankees can somehow find a way out of Rodriguez's contract for this, then Hahn needs to be testing Dunn daily! Doctor the results. Do whatever it takes. Make an impact.
The Will to Falsify Medical Tests
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:36 PM
eriqjaffe eriqjaffe is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 2,976
Default

Dunn may be the first player busted for Performance Eradicating Drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Unless they have evidence as constituted in the CBA as a failed test it's a witch hunt.
This is 100% an inaccurate statement. As Jason Stark noted in his column today, the Joint Drug Agreement that the players union ratified in the last collective bargaining agreement gives the commissioner's office the power to suspend players without a positive test. All it needs is proof that they used a banned PED, or possessed one, or did business with someone and then lied about it when confronted. Bosch is willing to testify, and his written records further the case. Not only can this happen, there really isn't any chance an appeal would hold up, short of Bosch mysteriously dying and all copies of the evidence already in both police and MLB custody suddenly disappearing.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
This is 100% an inaccurate statement. As Jason Stark noted in his column today, the Joint Drug Agreement that the players union ratified in the last collective bargaining agreement gives the commissioner's office the power to suspend players without a positive test. All it needs is proof that they used a banned PED, or possessed one, or did business with someone and then lied about it when confronted. Bosch is willing to testify, and his written records further the case. Not only can this happen, there really isn't any chance an appeal would hold up, short of Bosch mysteriously dying and all copies of the evidence already in both police and MLB custody suddenly disappearing.
This all hinges on the credibility of Bosch, though. Appeal and if they successfully attack his word, the whole case falls apart. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up the outcome.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
This all hinges on the credibility of Bosch, though. Appeal and if they successfully attack his word, the whole case falls apart. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up the outcome.
I agree. I see this ending with some type of backroom agreement between the league and the players association where the current players given up are let off the hook in some manner in return for concessions on tougher testing.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
white sox bill white sox bill is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Madeline Island in Lake Superior
Posts: 3,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
And what happens twenty years from now when retired players come forward about the side-effects incurred by PED use? The I have a problem with the use of PEDs has nothing to do with the idea of having a level playing field in Major League Baseball, as there is no such thing. My primary complaint against the use of any supplementation is that the side-effects of long-term use cannot be predicted: are players willing to risk the remainder of their lives for the sake of prolonging their careers by four or five years? I don't know that I'd be willing to take that risk, but baseball needs to consider both the short- and long-term ramifications of allowing PEDs to become such a problem.
I meant it tongue in cheek, theres use and abuse like any other things. In my gym I have plenty of guys who have used for 30 yrs plus and no apparant side effects other than high BP, acne and bitch tits.The media has a hay day with PED's and things like this sells so why shouldn't they embellish a bit?

My point was as we all know as long as theres $$, theres gonna be use.
__________________
"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I meant it tongue in cheek, theres use and abuse like any other things. In my gym I have plenty of guys who have used for 30 yrs plus and no apparant side effects other than high BP, acne and bitch tits.The media has a hay day with PED's and things like this sells so why shouldn't they embellish a bit?

My point was as we all know as long as theres $$, theres gonna be use.
Yup!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM
white sox bill white sox bill is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Madeline Island in Lake Superior
Posts: 3,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Yup!
Things like this are almost not newsworthy anymore, become so commonplace. Not that makes it right, it doesn't. But we have to face facts, the end of the innocent age in BB is over. The drug manufactors will always be one step ahead in thier ability to cover PED's.

So other than garnishing print space in the hard copy paper or online content, its just another day at the office. Ho hum
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
I only vaguely remember that, as I consciously avoid anything Packers-related (Colts and Chargers fan), but I think that Rodgers should have stayed out of it. I can understand wanting to aid a Wisconsin contemporary, but there's something to be said for minding one's business and not making statements without knowing the facts.
I'm a lifelong Baltimore-Indy Colts fan myself and STH for quite a while. What's with the Chargers thing...booooo.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
What a ****ing shock. The roiding roiders whom everybody knew roided up actually did use roids.
Braun was framed by the sample carrier wasn't he? Poor guy, now it's happened to him again probably. What horrible luck.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Dunn may be the first player busted for Performance Eradicating Drugs.
Brilliant!
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 26,017
Default

:pray ing: Dunn on the list. Dunn on the list.....
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
jdm2662 jdm2662 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 7,914
Default

If Adam Dunn is on the list, then he better demand a refund...
__________________
4-time WSI NFL Pick 'em vs Spread Champion
2009 2010 2011 2013
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662 View Post
If Adam Dunn is on the list, then he better demand a refund...
If he's on the list, he'll finally be out of the lineup.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.