White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 02:24 PM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I think we're safe.
Hell, if the Yankees can somehow find a way out of Rodriguez's contract for this, then Hahn needs to be testing Dunn daily! Doctor the results. Do whatever it takes. Make an impact.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:32 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses_Scurry View Post
Hell, if the Yankees can somehow find a way out of Rodriguez's contract for this, then Hahn needs to be testing Dunn daily! Doctor the results. Do whatever it takes. Make an impact.
The Will to Falsify Medical Tests
Old 06-05-2013, 03:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Dunn may be the first player busted for Performance Eradicating Drugs.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Unless they have evidence as constituted in the CBA as a failed test it's a witch hunt.
This is 100% an inaccurate statement. As Jason Stark noted in his column today, the Joint Drug Agreement that the players union ratified in the last collective bargaining agreement gives the commissioner's office the power to suspend players without a positive test. All it needs is proof that they used a banned PED, or possessed one, or did business with someone and then lied about it when confronted. Bosch is willing to testify, and his written records further the case. Not only can this happen, there really isn't any chance an appeal would hold up, short of Bosch mysteriously dying and all copies of the evidence already in both police and MLB custody suddenly disappearing.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
This is 100% an inaccurate statement. As Jason Stark noted in his column today, the Joint Drug Agreement that the players union ratified in the last collective bargaining agreement gives the commissioner's office the power to suspend players without a positive test. All it needs is proof that they used a banned PED, or possessed one, or did business with someone and then lied about it when confronted. Bosch is willing to testify, and his written records further the case. Not only can this happen, there really isn't any chance an appeal would hold up, short of Bosch mysteriously dying and all copies of the evidence already in both police and MLB custody suddenly disappearing.
This all hinges on the credibility of Bosch, though. Appeal and if they successfully attack his word, the whole case falls apart. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up the outcome.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
This all hinges on the credibility of Bosch, though. Appeal and if they successfully attack his word, the whole case falls apart. I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up the outcome.
I agree. I see this ending with some type of backroom agreement between the league and the players association where the current players given up are let off the hook in some manner in return for concessions on tougher testing.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
And what happens twenty years from now when retired players come forward about the side-effects incurred by PED use? The I have a problem with the use of PEDs has nothing to do with the idea of having a level playing field in Major League Baseball, as there is no such thing. My primary complaint against the use of any supplementation is that the side-effects of long-term use cannot be predicted: are players willing to risk the remainder of their lives for the sake of prolonging their careers by four or five years? I don't know that I'd be willing to take that risk, but baseball needs to consider both the short- and long-term ramifications of allowing PEDs to become such a problem.
I meant it tongue in cheek, theres use and abuse like any other things. In my gym I have plenty of guys who have used for 30 yrs plus and no apparant side effects other than high BP, acne and bitch tits.The media has a hay day with PED's and things like this sells so why shouldn't they embellish a bit?

My point was as we all know as long as theres $$, theres gonna be use.

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I meant it tongue in cheek, theres use and abuse like any other things. In my gym I have plenty of guys who have used for 30 yrs plus and no apparant side effects other than high BP, acne and bitch tits.The media has a hay day with PED's and things like this sells so why shouldn't they embellish a bit?

My point was as we all know as long as theres $$, theres gonna be use.
Yup!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Yup!
Things like this are almost not newsworthy anymore, become so commonplace. Not that makes it right, it doesn't. But we have to face facts, the end of the innocent age in BB is over. The drug manufactors will always be one step ahead in thier ability to cover PED's.

So other than garnishing print space in the hard copy paper or online content, its just another day at the office. Ho hum
Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
I only vaguely remember that, as I consciously avoid anything Packers-related (Colts and Chargers fan), but I think that Rodgers should have stayed out of it. I can understand wanting to aid a Wisconsin contemporary, but there's something to be said for minding one's business and not making statements without knowing the facts.
I'm a lifelong Baltimore-Indy Colts fan myself and STH for quite a while. What's with the Chargers thing...booooo.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
What a ****ing shock. The roiding roiders whom everybody knew roided up actually did use roids.
Braun was framed by the sample carrier wasn't he? Poor guy, now it's happened to him again probably. What horrible luck.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Dunn may be the first player busted for Performance Eradicating Drugs.
Brilliant!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

:pray ing: Dunn on the list. Dunn on the list.....

All hail The Rick
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
WSI High Priest

If Adam Dunn is on the list, then he better demand a refund...
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2662 View Post
If Adam Dunn is on the list, then he better demand a refund...
If he's on the list, he'll finally be out of the lineup.