Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I need a scouting report on guys who play from other teams who I don't get to see regularly. I need a scouting report on minor league or amateur players who I pretty much never see out of select clips that have been uploaded to YouTube. I don't need to use a scouting report as a crutch for a guy who has thrown 200+ innings for the Sox. I've watched a number of Quintana's starts, I am telling you, based on what I've seen from him, he's a perfectly fine option as a SP for even a good team. I was wary of him when he came up as well, but he's progressively gotten better as he has come along, he's hitting the mid-90s with his fastball now (FanGraphs has his max velocity at 94-95).

Again, you want to disagree with that assessment, that's fine, but people are disagreeing with you based on what we have seen from the guy, not being spoon fed **** by Hawk. We're all amateurs on this board, nobody's opinion is more or less valid than anyone else's, despite what you may think.
You're welcome to have your impression, but my impressions are at least somewhat validated by the resources that are out there. When I get dumped on for it, I start to feel like perhaps people aren't doing their due diligence.

Regardless, I don't think Quintana's going anywhere anytime soon (as, at the very least, scouts are not overly fond of him). So will get to see firsthand what becomes of him.