White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Yeah, the Sox can definitely use more coaches that don't have anything to say. Might as well bring Manual back while we're at it. Robin, Baines and Konerko sounds like a fun time.
You want a coach with something to say? I hear Ozzie is available.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
They also probably want to keep Konerko close to the organization. Heck he could be the next manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
If Paulie doesn't want a trade, I can handle that. He can retire with the Sox and make it as a decent hitting coach.

Players that made the kind of money Paul did rarely become managers and and even more rarely become hitting coaches.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM
WSI Prelate

This could actually be the worst season under Jerry Reinsdorf's ownership. We finished in last place in 1989, but that was a young team with a young Jack McDowell and a young Robin Ventura that we knew was going to be good down the road. Little did we know at the time that we would realize that goodness the following season in 1990. Other than years we made the postseason, 1990 remains one of my favorite White Sox seasons ever. That was a really fun year.

We really need to blow this thing up and rebuild. L'Ancien Régime needs to go. I am not necessarily saying Jerry Reinsdorf needs to sell the team, in spite of him playing Emperor Nero's fiddle at this point. I think JR ought to clean house in the front office and buy proven winners from other ballclubs in to rebuild the team. No more KW and his minions. No more White Sox Alumni Association members forming the coaching staff. Bring in Walt Jocketty. Or bring in Mike Rizzo. How about John Mozeliak or John Sabean? Bring in a proven winner from another organization.

I believe JR when he says he wants the White Sox to win more than anything, but he has to put forth the necessary effort if his desire is to be truly realized. In both the White Sox and the Bulls, he has been loyal to a fault. And that has been an impediment to both teams achieving more success than they have.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Reinsdorf wont bring in people he cant control, he never has and I highly doubt he will start at this stage of his life. The controlling that some people call loyalty will continue until he is dirt. It is, what it is, with this organization.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Viva - Actually this has been the worst three seasons in Reinsdorf's ownership. Guillen should have been fired in May 2011 since he had become an incompetent embarrassment. And hiring Ventura without even interviewing other candidates was inexcusable. Finally, the offseason after 2012 was totally uninspiring.

Does he care that much? I couldn't sit in the owner's box and watch this nonsense no matter how rich I was. This team has become worse than the Marlins.

Sadly, it looks like Paul Konerko, the last symbol of 2005, will have to retire. That should send a message to Reinsdorf that 2005 is becoming an old memory and that he needs to do something to turn this franchise around. It is time so see how much he cares.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 AM
WSI Prelate

Horrible time frame of the rebuild. The white sox did this to themselves. This horrible season was going to happen because we kept on adding veterans who were just aging and we're only gong to Reach mediocrity ir worse. We're there now. It would have been smarter to go through with this a year Orr two ago when some of these players had higher value, but whatever.

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

A rebuild of the team doesn't necessarily mean the White Sox can't pack US Cellular while losing. Here's a plan:

Hire, or bring out of retirement, every single juicer, malcontent, jerk, dingbat or horse's ass who has played major league baseball in the past fifteen years. I imagine a line up consisting of such names as Milton Bradley, Robert Fick, Jose Canseco, Jeff Kent, Albert Belle, John Rocker can be had for a song and dance, and the entire present roster can be traded for prospects. Hell - have the team managed by Gilbert Arenas (and contend that his absolute lack of baseball knowledge, and formidable firearms collection is an asset), and Ken Harrelson can fill the blank spots in his broadcasts by informing the audience of the latest locker room brawl or run-in with the media - and how this shows the collective "will to win" of the entire roster.

In a couple of years (of what I'm sure would be national coverage and sell out crowds), bring up all the prospects who can actually play the game.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
They also probably want to keep Konerko close to the organization. Heck he could be the next manager.
He was almost the ****ing manager 2 years ago
Old 06-29-2013, 12:24 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
He was almost the ****ing manager 2 years ago

Haha, a big part of me wishes this had happened. Entertainment value would have been tremendous.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingXerxes View Post
A rebuild of the team doesn't necessarily mean the White Sox can't pack US Cellular while losing. Here's a plan:

Hire, or bring out of retirement, every single juicer, malcontent, jerk, dingbat or horse's ass who has played major league baseball in the past fifteen years. I imagine a line up consisting of such names as Milton Bradley, Robert Fick, Jose Canseco, Jeff Kent, Albert Belle, John Rocker can be had for a song and dance, and the entire present roster can be traded for prospects. Hell - have the team managed by Gilbert Arenas (and contend that his absolute lack of baseball knowledge, and formidable firearms collection is an asset), and Ken Harrelson can fill the blank spots in his broadcasts by informing the audience of the latest locker room brawl or run-in with the media - and how this shows the collective "will to win" of the entire roster.

In a couple of years (of what I'm sure would be national coverage and sell out crowds), bring up all the prospects who can actually play the game.
Heck, with this plan you could bring back Ozzie.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Players that made the kind of money Paul did rarely become managers and and even more rarely become hitting coaches.
There's plenty of coaches out there right now I could cite who made boatloads of money. Some guys just like being part of a major league team.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
There's plenty of coaches out there right now I could cite who made boatloads of money. Some guys just like being part of a major league team.
Don Mattingly seems a somewhat similar example.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Don Mattingly seems a somewhat similar example.
The guy who was wildly rumored to be fired about a month ago.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Beckett is done for the year, let's send Peavy back west for some Dodger prospects!
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 06-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky F. Dent View Post
Beckett is done for the year, let's send Peavy back west for some Dodger prospects!
The Dodgers are more likely to be sellers than buyers at this point.