White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 03:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official* July 4 Fireworks; Dunn redeems with walkoff; SOX 3 BAL 2 Postgamer

Entertaining win
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Sox get it Dunn!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

That was fun .. we have such a solid pitching staff, it's a shame that things went so terribly wrong on the offensive and defensive sides .. also,i'm starting to wonder if someone might take a try at Dunn..
Old 07-04-2013, 04:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Disappointed that Quintana could not get the win today - he really pitched great.

Awesome call by Hawk on the walk-off homer by Adam Dunn.

Happy 4th of July. Sox win!
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:21 PM
WSI High Priest

Yeah, you could tell Hawk needed that one.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:00 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Great day for a ball game, and a great result. Quintana deserved better.

The scoreboard mentioned that Dunn's last game-ending homer was in 2010. I did the reverse-jinx and said, "He's never had a walk-off in a Sox uniform? Hard to believe." Sure enough --

Second consecutive game I've attended that the Sox won in their last at-bat, wearing 1917 jersey. I might have to keep using that outfit. I've been pretty lucky this year considering the Sox's record.

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W

Next Game: August 30
Old 07-04-2013, 05:09 PM
WSI Prelate

I think every time a White Sox player makes an error that is key to the Sox losing a late lead, that player should drive in the winning run. Heaven knows (because I've lost count) how many late leads have been lost this year in huge part because of errors and misplays.

If that isn't Dunn's first game-ending home run in a White Sox uniform, I missed the others. One of the reasons Dunn hasn't had great success in late innings is that teams often bring in lefties to face him if the game is on the line. But today's game worked out nicely.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by October26 View Post
Disappointed that Quintana could not get the win today - he really pitched great.

Awesome call by Hawk on the walk-off homer by Adam Dunn.

Happy 4th of July. Sox win!
Definitely, Jose deserved the win. Man, the starters must be just grinding their teeth.

Great win, though. Walk-offs are awesome!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by October26 View Post
Did he ever! 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB and 11 K's. A superb performance, no doubt.

Too bad that he didn't get the win but, thankfully,

Old 07-04-2013, 07:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Kudos to Dunn.
He's been hitting his ass off.
Hopefully he keeps it up during the bridge period while we work to get this train back on its tracks.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
WSI High Priest

A win! A win!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
I think every time a White Sox player makes an error that is key to the Sox losing a late lead, that player should drive in the winning run. Heaven knows (because I've lost count) how many late leads have been lost this year in huge part because of errors and misplays.

If that isn't Dunn's first game-ending home run in a White Sox uniform, I missed the others. One of the reasons Dunn hasn't had great success in late innings is that teams often bring in lefties to face him if the game is on the line. But today's game worked out nicely.
Baltimore had Matusz warming up during the top of the ninth inning. When I saw that, I figured Showalter was getting him ready to face Dunn in the bottom half of the inning. Instead, he stuck with Hunter. That worked out nicely for the White Sox.

It's a shame Quintana didn't get a win today. Baltimore hitters could not lay off his high fastball, nor could they hit it. The result was a career-high 11 strikeouts. Nice performance for Quintana.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
WSI High Priest

My first visit at the ol ball park this season. It was my anniversary, and my aunt got me really nice tickets behind the Sox dugout. Sadly, between the sun, talking, and drinking, the game was kind of blur. We also had to leave early since we had reservations. In years past, I would've been mad at missing a walk off homer. Yesterday, we just laughed it off and moved on.

I didn't really tour the park as much as I wanted, but it looks like they did some nice work in the off season. I had a fun day. It sure as hell beats being at work...
Old 07-05-2013, 01:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Nice job by Jose....I like him,Hector,Sale,Danks and Axe to keep the team from sinking off the map totally the second half.

I also love turning the tables on Buck for a change. Since he has come to the O's, they kill the Sox, usually when the Sox are clinging to the top,while the O's have been relaxed and in the middle of the pack.

For once, the O's are the team desperate to win,and the Sox have no pressure....and the Sox took the series.

Eat it Buck!!