White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 02:05 AM
WSI Prelate

I'm a little late to the party, but am also glad to see Phegley getting his chance at the big-league level. Hope he can bring as much to the table here as down in AAA. As for Flowers' regular starting days, I won't miss them.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
DFAing Flowers serves no purpose. He has already shown he can be a good back up at the major league level. Gimenez is nothing and will probably clear waivers and wind up back in Charlotte.

What does Gimenez do better than Flowers? If you think a lot or anything significant, you may want to check the numbers.
Flowers sucks, but Gimenez sucks even more.
Agree
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Mitchell is no longer a prospect.

Walker is hitting .212 at AA.

Thompson is hitting .253 at AA, .186 over the past 10 games- still might be a prospect- he is showing some decent power- but 82 K's in 82 games is a pretty big red flag.

Hawkins is only a year out from being drafted- but hes hitting .191 with 88 K's in 52 games.

We don't have a single outfielder in our minor league system who projects to be on the major league roster in 2014- so from 2012, 2013, 2014- our farm system won't produce a single OF who could help- which is why we have crap like Danks, Wells, Wise and Tekotte.
I wasn't saying these guys were tearing the cover off the ball, but they are the guys who need to be getting at bats. Danks is not taking at bats away from them. Simple as that.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
???

Our OFs this year have included Wise, Wells, Danks and now Tekotte- if you don't think that is evidence of a lack of talent in the organization- I don't know what to say- 3/4 are off the scrap heap- and Danks just plain sucks.

We also had no OF help last year from the farm system.
You're making 2 different arguments. Tekotte wasn't brought up to "help." He's AAAA fodder that was brought up to ride the bench as a 4th OF. Even if we had prospects that were closer to being ready, they wouldn't have been brought up to fill that role. Your post was overly negative and irrelevant to the situation. It's your right to cry at every opportunity, but its tiresome.

Thompson was hitting .270 last week after a horrible start. His recovery and adjustment to the league show he's a legit prospect.

Hawkins is the youngest player in an advanced league. His K numbers are horrendous, but he's still near or at the top in HR's. everyone knew he was raw. It's way to early to make any definitive judgements about his long term projection.

None of the outfielders will be ready by 14. It doesn't really matter though. 14 is already a sunk year too. This is what rebuilding is all about. We won't know a whole lot about the future and timeline of the rebuild for another month. At this point, there's no reason to cry about it.

*edit*
No OF help last year? Viciedo had a fine season as a first year starter. 2/3rds of the OF were new players that spent time in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

I expect the Sox to keep buying airline tix from Charolette and Birmingham for next few wks to get idea who can do what once Hahn puts the moving truck in reverse

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

10-25 since May 27 and they bring up Blake Tekotte. No way I'm getting optimistic or excited about that.