White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corlose 15 View Post
There's no reason why Beckham should still be hitting 8th.
I agree, and it has nothing to do with trying to increase production this year.

Rather, we need to learn if his excellent hitting is sustainable, or a mirage.

He needs to hit in a "higher pressure" spot in the order. If he keeps hitting above .300 near the top of the order, then he's a long-term building block. If not, he's just a solid fielder who belongs at the bottom of the order.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:30 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
He should bat second. But that would require shaking up the order...might hurt the confidence of him and this team. Certainly can't risk that.

For those who watch the games, is Beckham actually looking better at the plate, or is it just that his doinks and grounders are experiencing a period of falling in? I notice he is honoring the tradition of not walking much.
He is driving the ball more with line drives, although last night he had a little doink hit to RF and a roller in the infield that died between the P and 3B. I like his approach and crouched stance at the plate though.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 07-07-2013, 10:14 AM
WSI Personality

I was at this game last night...what a waste of $58 to watch a team with no pulse and no direction.....Sale and Beckham were bright spots but otherwise it was money spent to sit in a dome and drink beer....a popular refrain in Chicago rings true now..."Wait till next year" Is it time for Da Bears yet?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:38 AM
WSI Church Elder

I feel so bad for Chris Sale who pitched great last night and got the loss.

What a sad season our Sox are having. The Sox have now lost 50 games which is a depressing thought. I still care and I still tune in to watch or listen to every Sox game.

It finally feels like summer in Chicago, so I am spending a lot of time in my garden which helps relieve the stress of watching the Sox right now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer months is take my radio outside and get my yard work done while listening to the Sox broadcast. I enjoy spending time with my family, especially my dad who is 85 and continues his rehabilitation/recovery from double pneumonia. My father has a unique perspective and can make me laugh and I am so thankful for this.

My dad and I are rooting for Rick Hahn to start making trades.
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!

Last edited by October26; 07-07-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added part about my dad
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Gordon Beckham in todays lineup

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by October26 View Post

What a sad season our Sox are having. The Sox have now lost 50 games which is a depressing thought. I still care and I still tune in to watch or listen to every Sox game.

It finally feels like summer in Chicago, so I am spending a lot of time in my garden which helps relieve the stress of watching the Sox right now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer months is take my radio outside and get my yard work done while listening to the Sox broadcast.

Also rooting for Rick Hahn to start making trades.
I feel your pain, its a horrible feeling to have your baseball team out of the pennant race before the all-star game.
I take my frustrations out on the golf course and I read a lot but this really stinks.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI Regular

Keppinger hitting 4th...I don't know whether to laugh or cry, really.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
Laugh. A little Jim Beam helps too.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
He is driving the ball more with line drives, although last night he had a little doink hit to RF and a roller in the infield that died between the P and 3B. I like his approach and crouched stance at the plate though.
I don't see him having sustained success with that stance, but I guess we shall see. I think the bigger issue with him is the load in his swing. It's too long and loopy and his stride doesn't seem consistent. I'm sure it won't take that long to see that his average right now is a mirage. That doink to RF last night is more in line with what type of hitter Beckham has become than anything.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
That's not as bad as Morel batting 7th, or wearing a major league uniform for that matter.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:54 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
Laugh. A little Jim Beam helps too.
Beam + bad baseball = getting punchy. Nobody want's that.

And wow, I completely missed Morel at 7 there. Now I'm really laughing.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebar318 View Post
I was at this game last night...what a waste of $58 to watch a team with no pulse and no direction.....Sale and Beckham were bright spots but otherwise it was money spent to sit in a dome and drink beer....a popular refrain in Chicago rings true now..."Wait till next year" Is it time for Da Bears yet?
$58???? You must have worn a White Sox jersey and the ticket agent took advantage of you. At Tampa Bay, you can sit in 3rd deck directly behind home plate for $12...............$10 if you order online 5 hours before 1st pitch.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by October26 View Post

It finally feels like summer in Chicago, so I am spending a lot of time in my garden which helps relieve the stress of watching the Sox right now. One of my favorite things to do in the summer months is take my radio outside and get my yard work done while listening to the Sox broadcast. I enjoy spending time with my family, especially my dad who is 85 and continues his rehabilitation/recovery from double pneumonia. My father has a unique perspective and can make me laugh and I am so thankful for this.

My dad and I are rooting for Rick Hahn to start making trades.
I am willing to bet your garden production will be down this year if you are playing Sox games in the background.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
$58???? You must have worn a White Sox jersey and the ticket agent took advantage of you. At Tampa Bay, you can sit in 3rd deck directly behind home plate for $12...............$10 if you order online 5 hours before 1st pitch.
We decided not to go this year, I wouldn't even spend the 12 bucks to see these stiffs.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
The Mother of all Sunday Line ups.... When it gets bad, it really gets bad... Mighty Casey Keppinger... Yes, this is past laughable, this is pathetic..

BK59