White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'm young (23), so I don't remember many bad Sox teams. This one right here is the worst Sox team I have ever seen. No one up to bat has a plan, no one on this team can field properly, and the pitching has NO offensive help AT ALL. I never thought I'd see a Sox team have 51 losses before the all-star break. I don't know what else to say what has already been said about this team. What a mess.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:30 PM
WSI Prelate

This must be the most inept team at stealing bases in major league history.
If you can't do it, don't try.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 PM
WSI Regular

Angry

To quote the Grinch:

Stink, Stank, Stunk
Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
I'm young (23), so I don't remember many bad Sox teams. This one right here is the worst Sox team I have ever seen. No one up to bat has a plan, no one on this team can field properly, and the pitching has NO offensive help AT ALL. I never thought I'd see a Sox team have 51 losses before the all-star break. I don't know what else to say what has already been said about this team. What a mess.
On paper they should be no worse than a .500 team but we all know what they say about hitting, it's contagious. The problem is the opposite, I don't know what word to describe our hitting. One problem is we just don't work the count, perfect example today, not one walk.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

I blame our 15-31 road record on the new road pants. Bring back the tuxedo stripe!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:01 PM
WSI Personality

I'm not young (61). That lineup today was one of the worst I've ever seen. Maybe we should bring back Jerry Owens and Andy Gonzalez to complete the folly.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

I dont know what Rick Haun did for work before joining the Sox but I'm guessing he wish he had that job back. Hes gotta be drinking right now....

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I dont know what Rick Haun did for work before joining the Sox but I'm guessing he wish he had that job back. Hes gotta be drinking right now....
Grief counselor.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
He might be making too much money to do that; however, he may be wondering if he should have taken a job as a GM elsewhere some days. We'll see what he can do as we hopefully shed players for prospects and $$$ savings.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburaga View Post
I'm not young (61). That lineup today was one of the worst I've ever seen. Maybe we should bring back Jerry Owens and Andy Gonzalez to complete the folly.
Funny you mention Andy Gonzalez. I was at the game in Texas in '07 where he committed three errors, and until this season, that's about as low as I've been as a Sox fan.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
One problem is we just don't work the count, perfect example today, not one walk.
Alexei worked the count leading off the game today. 0-1, 0-2, ground-out. It's hard to work the count if the pitcher won't cooperate and continues to throw strikes.

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W
August 30 (2) L
September 14 L
September 27 W

Next Game: ??
Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
On paper they should be no worse than a .500 team
As I said before the season, the only people thinking that were glassy eyed-Sox fans, local publications, and the organization. The most optimistic national publications had us below .500, many significantly so. A lot of us on this board stated over and over there was very little chance this team would hit .500 as constructed. Yes, this is the bottomed out version very few thought coming (though some of us did say 100 losses was possible), but that's only a function of the Twins being good enough to pass us (and beat up on us a bit). Whether we lose 100 or just 90, the fact of the matter is there wasn't a plane of existance where .500 was a realistic outcome for this team as assembled. It's time to let go of that thought. This isn't the season that got derailed. The guys on our team are not having career bad seasons. They are having seasons that befit them. This was a bad team to start. There probably aren't a dozen guys on the whole squad that have a role on a contending team. If it wasn't obvious to you before the season, it should be very clear now. Let it go already.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
As I said before the season...
Congratulations.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

I just hope Josh Phegley doesn't get assimilated by the rest of this pathetic lineup.

I admit (and make no apologies for) being one of those "glassy-eyed Sox fans". It's far better for my health and the people around me to be an optimist.

That said, this season sucks.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
As I said before the season, the only people thinking that were glassy eyed-Sox fans, local publications, and the organization. The most optimistic national publications had us below .500, many significantly so. A lot of us on this board stated over and over there was very little chance this team would hit .500 as constructed. Yes, this is the bottomed out version very few thought coming (though some of us did say 100 losses was possible), but that's only a function of the Twins being good enough to pass us (and beat up on us a bit). Whether we lose 100 or just 90, the fact of the matter is there wasn't a plane of existance where .500 was a realistic outcome for this team as assembled. It's time to let go of that thought. This isn't the season that got derailed. The guys on our team are not having career bad seasons. They are having seasons that befit them. This was a bad team to start. There probably aren't a dozen guys on the whole squad that have a role on a contending team. If it wasn't obvious to you before the season, it should be very clear now. Let it go already.
I thought our pitching would be good enough and along with some sort of an offense, we would be .500. Our pitching has been good enough but the hitting is as we all know is another story, never did I think it could be this bad. Of course we have to add the horrible defense, how could the same team go from the fewest errors to almost the most. I knew that by picking up Keppinger as our only off-season addition we weren't going to catch the Tigers, still I thought .500 was doable.