White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Gotcha. I'm pretty well resigned to the fact that what we'll be giving up won't be as good as what we get, but I at least want what we get to be decent, and for it to come in numbers.
There is no way I can see a deal for Sale not including 3-4 prospects unless it's two amazing prospects or two MLB player-level prospects and someone is taking Dunn's entire contract off the books next year (even then, I doubt that type of deal and dump would happen).

That's actually an interesting question. What would dumping Dunn's $14 million be worth to you? What would you do with that space? If Peavy and Rios both go plus what we lose in Konerko, that would l be one drastically reduced payroll next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
I never believed that it was imminent because there are 2 Garzas. The oft injured above-average pitcher, or the guy who's pitched like an ace for the last 6 weeks. Cubs want ace return; buyers don't want to pay that.

It should be a lot easier to set Peavy's value once his health is ascertained.
Even healthy, I don't see a nice offer for him. We may have to take what is perceived as "less" because of his extensive injury history.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I think Cecchini's passed all the rest. He was rated 21st in Keith Law's top prospects a few days ago, 2nd on the Saux. He's seen as their long term solution at the position. They aren't trading him unless it's Sale and Rios.
He is actually 3rd on Sox list of prospects. But he is a 3rd baseman and both Middlebrooks and Iglesias are still ahead of him at that position. Since they are not minor leaguers, they are not considered prospects. With Pedroia locking up 2nd, they have a logjam at 3rd for the 3 young infielders. Bogaerts is their Number 1 prospect ticketed for SS.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:08 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
There is no way I can see a deal for Sale not including 3-4 prospects unless it's two amazing prospects or two MLB player-level prospects and someone is taking Dunn's entire contract off the books next year (even then, I doubt that type of deal and dump would happen).

That's actually an interesting question. What would dumping Dunn's $14 million be worth to you? What would you do with that space? If Peavy and Rios both go plus what we lose in Konerko, that would l be one drastically reduced payroll next year.

Even healthy, I don't see a nice offer for him. We may have to take what is perceived as "less" because of his extensive injury history.
I don't know what I'd do, but I would bet that management would be pocketing $14 mil in that scenario without finding a suitable replacement.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I don't know what I'd do, but I would bet that management would be pocketing $14 mil in that scenario without finding a suitable replacement.
We could probably find a suitable replacement for his batting average in A or AA. For the HR, you won't find someone, but I'm sure we could find someone to bat .250 or .260 for 1/3 the cost or less.

I'm ok with them pocketing the money for next year if they will use it for some Int'l FA signings, regular FA signings, or future extensions for guys we want to keep. After 2014, I hope they look at adding another year or two of years or club options for Sale. Not sure his Agent would be for it with the potential he could be a $25 million+ guy in a few years, but it's worth a try to see if we can add a year or two.

Last edited by soxfanreggie; 07-20-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Alfonso Soriano going back to the Bronx?
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...says-1.5751882
Old 07-27-2013, 03:38 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 31m

Source says #Cubs indeed listening on Samardzija, adds, “asking price high as expected.”
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>